REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Euro Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/euro-tech-resources_318/)
-   -   Power chip custom tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/587803-power-chip-custom-tuning.html)

JikJak 09-01-2009 12:48 PM

Power chip custom tuning

hey guys,

ive been working on getting powerchip to come down and do some tuning over here in canada and we have finally set the date for sept. 28. ive already booked a dyno dynamics dyno for this. jeremy can do custom dyno tunes for those who want that and they can also provide flashes. ive got about 7-9 cars coming in to do this. the cars coming include CLS55, S55, LP560-4, C63, M5, E46 M3, and E500. i might even flash my RRS s/c since it has a pulley and exhaust. i just wanted to let u guys know in case there are more or you out there that are interested in this.

if u are in the Vancouver, BC or even in the WA state area and u would like to get in on this please contact travis at powerchip or send me a PM in order to get more details. if there are more people that want to do this, then they can stay longer in order to accommodate everybody.

cheers!

chromechevy 09-02-2009 12:20 AM

What kind of pricing? bmw 6 series... Any courtesy flashes incase the dealership erases? Or is it a one shot deal?

JikJak 09-02-2009 03:43 AM

what model 6 series?
i do know that a 645 is 390usd with gains of 23hp and 26tq.
a 750, which should be the same as a 650 is 690 with gains of 27hp and 32tq.

ill have to ask about a courtesy flash.

Z3guy 09-02-2009 07:25 AM

Hey JikJak,

I want to do a software tune on my E46 M3, do you know how much approx? also, is this a one shot deal? I am worried that when I take my car in for service, that the software tune will be erased? please let me know. thxs

JikJak 09-02-2009 11:56 AM

if that were to happen u can always have it reflashed again but the s/w should not be erased unless the dealer actually flashes your ecu with new software. ecu resets are fine and will not erase your flash.

E46 m3 stands to gain 23hp and 18-21tq with a cost of $US390

Z3guy 09-02-2009 12:26 PM

Hey JikJak, keep me in the loop, I am interested in getting the my ECU flashed. Can Powerchips do a tune to match my mods? (full exhaust, intake, etc.)

JikJak 09-02-2009 06:18 PM

yes they can give u a custom tune on the dyno or give u the flash u need with whatever mods u have.
if u would like to get in on this then let me know, they are already taking the payments for the tunes and u would have to sign up in the next couple days.

chris_89T 09-06-2009 05:36 PM

I had a poor experience with them.

I had a huge problem with them. They turned off one of my rear o2 sensors for bank 2, which caused bank 2 never to enter closed loop, so i could not complete all my readiness monitors. Took me almost 1 month to get my money refunded and basically their attitude towards it was we dont have time to deal with your problem, so i suggested a refund, and almost a month later i finally got it.

They were also very pissed off i posted a thread on another board asking if anyone has had any contact with Powerchips because i was left with no communcation for almost 3 weeks. Every time i called it went to voicemail, emails were almost never returned, out of the 30 i sent id say i got 2 responses which means they were receiving them.

They have pre-set programs for every car, all they are going to do is reflash it then you go on the dyno and see if you make any HP. As far as i know, unless they are producing new software specifically for your vehicle, they arent going to custom tune it for you.

Anyways, thats cool they are coming down here, maybe ill stop by and have a chat with travis and see how things are going with there new building. Travis is a good guy, although he can be incredibly hard to get ahold of at times.

JikJak 09-15-2009 02:09 AM

wow that sucks that u had a bad experience with them. thanks for sharing. things like that are good to know.
did u get a custom tune or just a flash?
also do u know who did the tune for you?

a friend of mine with an E55 in cali has had custom tunes made on the dyno for his car. he initially went through other tuners before he discovered and was very happy with powerchip. he swears by jeremy from PC as far as custom tuning is concerned.

one aspect of the tune that was great was that they increased power throughout the whole powerband, and the car still drove nice and smooth. other tuners that he experienced would just go for that peak hp number but with minimal gains throughout the rpm range, along with a jerkier ride.

with PC he made about 550whp but those are just dyno numbers and not so important since numbers can vary so much with different conditions and different dyno machines. more importantly, he put down great numbers on the track, 11.05@130mph in 90 degree cali weather is great for an E55. he will most likely hit 10s when the weather cools down over there. i also have to mention that he does NOT use nitrous or anything like that. there are other e55s wit PC tunes also putting down good numbers with PC tunes.

anyways their tuner, jeremy, is going to be the one that does the custom dyno tuning on my car and also on an S55. it will be a tune made specifically for our cars and the mods that we have. the other people that have joined in on this will be doing ecu flashes.

maxx 09-17-2009 10:04 PM

another result in from those guys. a fellow with an unassuming volvo (haha i know but wait for this part) S60 R who runs 300 hp stock. Will run 360 hp with 91 gas and 380-390 with 93 or 94 octane. hahahahahaha M5 ponies in a volvo.