REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Euro Tech Resources

Euro Tech Resources All Euros (VW, BMW, Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 09-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Power chip custom tuning

hey guys,

ive been working on getting powerchip to come down and do some tuning over here in canada and we have finally set the date for sept. 28. ive already booked a dyno dynamics dyno for this. jeremy can do custom dyno tunes for those who want that and they can also provide flashes. ive got about 7-9 cars coming in to do this. the cars coming include CLS55, S55, LP560-4, C63, M5, E46 M3, and E500. i might even flash my RRS s/c since it has a pulley and exhaust. i just wanted to let u guys know in case there are more or you out there that are interested in this.

if u are in the Vancouver, BC or even in the WA state area and u would like to get in on this please contact travis at powerchip or send me a PM in order to get more details. if there are more people that want to do this, then they can stay longer in order to accommodate everybody.

cheers!
Advertisement

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti
JikJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
I don't get it

What kind of pricing? bmw 6 series... Any courtesy flashes incase the dealership erases? Or is it a one shot deal?
chromechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #3

what model 6 series?
i do know that a 645 is 390usd with gains of 23hp and 26tq.
a 750, which should be the same as a 650 is 690 with gains of 27hp and 32tq.

ill have to ask about a courtesy flash.

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti
Old 09-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Hey JikJak,

I want to do a software tune on my E46 M3, do you know how much approx? also, is this a one shot deal? I am worried that when I take my car in for service, that the software tune will be erased? please let me know. thxs
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #5

if that were to happen u can always have it reflashed again but the s/w should not be erased unless the dealer actually flashes your ecu with new software. ecu resets are fine and will not erase your flash.

E46 m3 stands to gain 23hp and 18-21tq with a cost of $US390

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti
Old 09-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Hey JikJak, keep me in the loop, I am interested in getting the my ECU flashed. Can Powerchips do a tune to match my mods? (full exhaust, intake, etc.)
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #7

yes they can give u a custom tune on the dyno or give u the flash u need with whatever mods u have.
if u would like to get in on this then let me know, they are already taking the payments for the tunes and u would have to sign up in the next couple days.

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti
Old 09-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I had a poor experience with them.

I had a huge problem with them. They turned off one of my rear o2 sensors for bank 2, which caused bank 2 never to enter closed loop, so i could not complete all my readiness monitors. Took me almost 1 month to get my money refunded and basically their attitude towards it was we dont have time to deal with your problem, so i suggested a refund, and almost a month later i finally got it.

They were also very pissed off i posted a thread on another board asking if anyone has had any contact with Powerchips because i was left with no communcation for almost 3 weeks. Every time i called it went to voicemail, emails were almost never returned, out of the 30 i sent id say i got 2 responses which means they were receiving them.

They have pre-set programs for every car, all they are going to do is reflash it then you go on the dyno and see if you make any HP. As far as i know, unless they are producing new software specifically for your vehicle, they arent going to custom tune it for you.

Anyways, thats cool they are coming down here, maybe ill stop by and have a chat with travis and see how things are going with there new building. Travis is a good guy, although he can be incredibly hard to get ahold of at times.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 AM   #9

wow that sucks that u had a bad experience with them. thanks for sharing. things like that are good to know.
did u get a custom tune or just a flash?
also do u know who did the tune for you?

a friend of mine with an E55 in cali has had custom tunes made on the dyno for his car. he initially went through other tuners before he discovered and was very happy with powerchip. he swears by jeremy from PC as far as custom tuning is concerned.

one aspect of the tune that was great was that they increased power throughout the whole powerband, and the car still drove nice and smooth. other tuners that he experienced would just go for that peak hp number but with minimal gains throughout the rpm range, along with a jerkier ride.

with PC he made about 550whp but those are just dyno numbers and not so important since numbers can vary so much with different conditions and different dyno machines. more importantly, he put down great numbers on the track, 11.05@130mph in 90 degree cali weather is great for an E55. he will most likely hit 10s when the weather cools down over there. i also have to mention that he does NOT use nitrous or anything like that. there are other e55s wit PC tunes also putting down good numbers with PC tunes.

anyways their tuner, jeremy, is going to be the one that does the custom dyno tuning on my car and also on an S55. it will be a tune made specifically for our cars and the mods that we have. the other people that have joined in on this will be doing ecu flashes.

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti
Old 09-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
I am on the internets

another result in from those guys. a fellow with an unassuming volvo (haha i know but wait for this part) S60 R who runs 300 hp stock. Will run 360 hp with 91 gas and 380-390 with 93 or 94 octane. hahahahahaha M5 ponies in a volvo.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote