REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

New to forum: Intro + Pics :)

Hey everyone,

new to the forum and thought i'd intro myself with some pics of my car.
live in richmond, got license not too long ago, needed car to go to school so parents bought me a 09 golf gti in bmp (thats black for non dub ppl). have small cosmetic mods and dont plan to do performance till i grad (or when i get some more money). so far not the most unique gti out there but gets me around some of the pics are a little older so minor cosmetic mods maybe missing!!
enjoy!

the z is my brother
Advertisement
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Hey, at least you're open about the fact that it's parent-bought... lol

Nice car & welcome to the boards!
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

welcome!
very nice GTI ... i love it it was one of my choices when i was purchasing a car
no shame in a parent bought car don't listen to these white boys they just jealous :P
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

nice car!
is it manual or auto?
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

...lucky bastard
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #6

haha i dont see shame in "powered by daddy" if its like a $40000 car :P...but anything more seems like a little over the top...not hating on the guys driving the CL63s and GTRs and they are my age...nice cars but they shouldnt be so cocky ^^
Old 09-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

did you parents buy your bro the z too? argh.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danizer View Post
haha i dont see shame in "powered by daddy" if its like a $40000 car :P...but anything more seems like a little over the top...not hating on the guys driving the CL63s and GTRs and they are my age...nice cars but they shouldnt be so cocky ^^
I assume you're around 18/19 years old? Did your parents actually buy out the car for you, or are you financing it with their down payment? Whats happening?

There is a difference between "powered by mommy/daddy" and asking parents for money to buy a car but you pay them back slowly. The latter is what I got myself in to and I don't see shame in it. In the end I'm in my car that I paid for.

I dislike those kids under 20 and driving a 100k+ car. Ruin the image of the car when it has a green N on it. ugh.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
You know what, I'd probably buy my kids a car too if they needed one and deserved it too (should I have enough for that when that time comes around) what do other members think?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
You know what, I'd probably buy my kids a car too if they needed one and deserved it too (should I have enough for that when that time comes around) what do other members think?
You need to beat your kids more often.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Nice car! any plans on modding it?
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #12
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Nice car welcome to RS

ps your lucky
Todd Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
I am on the internets

welcome. good choice on the car (if it was yours). its very well built, practical, quick and easy to modify.

check out the euro group in my sig
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #14
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Hey everyone,

new to the forum and thought i'd intro myself with some pics of my car.
live in richmond, got license not too long ago, needed car to go to school so parents bought me a 09 golf gti in bmp (thats black for non dub ppl). have small cosmetic mods and dont plan to do performance till i grad (or when i get some more money). so far not the most unique gti out there but gets me around some of the pics are a little older so minor cosmetic mods maybe missing!!
enjoy!

the z is my brother
Is your bother Benson?
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
its a shame that most of you in this thread look at the persons wallet first before the person themselves.

whats the difference when your flaunting a car that was bought for you, and the people hating people that had it lucky with parents that bought them nice good stuff?? One is being cocky, and other is stooping to their level by hating on others.

I accepted it a long time ago, just be appreciative that others got it lucky and dont be hating on them for that. so long as they are humble about it, whats it your business to hate on them.

A car is a car, its how you treat and how humble you are about it that should be important.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
You need to beat your kids more often.
Hahah, I don't have kids yet. My philosophy is that your parents take care of you, but then you take care of your parents afterwards. For example my parents bought me a car so I could get to school and work, but I'll take care of them down the road when they won't fully be able to take care of themselves. I think it's only right to give back and believe that this is fair.

Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #17

Oh, and welcome haha

Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Old 09-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #18
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
SG is right, the fact that the guy enjoys his car is what being a car guy is all about,

Seen your brother's car before, looks better than yours! lolol

Did you tint your taillights R32 style?
I'm confused about the bright silver mirror caps + matte black VW
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #19
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

vw gti taillights usually come stock with slight tint. thats usually how i can tell if its a gti or not from far away, unless they bought aftermarket tails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
SG is right, the fact that the guy enjoys his car is what being a car guy is all about,

Seen your brother's car before, looks better than yours! lolol

Did you tint your taillights R32 style?
I'm confused about the bright silver mirror caps + matte black VW

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
its a shame that most of you in this thread look at the persons wallet first before the person themselves.

whats the difference when your flaunting a car that was bought for you, and the people hating people that had it lucky with parents that bought them nice good stuff?? One is being cocky, and other is stooping to their level by hating on others.

I accepted it a long time ago, just be appreciative that others got it lucky and dont be hating on them for that. so long as they are humble about it, whats it your business to hate on them.

A car is a car, its how you treat and how humble you are about it that should be important.
i respect how you think and completely agree. despite the fact that i am unable to pay for my own car, i am very grateful that my parents chose to buy me a new car as my first. i know i am lucky for this privilege but i know others who have it better than me and are so ungrateful for the supercars their parents bought them. i dont hate on them because of their cars. many of my friends arent even allowed to drive their parent's mini vans let alone buy a used car. i may or may not be deserving of a new car thats for you guys and my friends to judge. however, i try not to show off by street racing or rolling down my windows around school blasting music, in fact i drive around (when im by myself) with the windows rolled down with a gap and the stereo off so i can listen to the sound of my own engine :P

hope im more of the humble kind rather than the scums most ppl hate :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
I assume you're around 18/19 years old? Did your parents actually buy out the car for you, or are you financing it with their down payment? Whats happening?

There is a difference between "powered by mommy/daddy" and asking parents for money to buy a car but you pay them back slowly. The latter is what I got myself in to and I don't see shame in it. In the end I'm in my car that I paid for.

I dislike those kids under 20 and driving a 100k+ car. Ruin the image of the car when it has a green N on it. ugh.
they bought it out for me, ya im that age and offered to pay out the car when i get a job but they said in a very chinese manner "your age study is important...u need a car for school and a car is mom and dads present to you! dont need to worry about jobs and money till you graduate!"

i have money i made by myself so i dont ask them for allowance they just paid for the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeTech View Post
Is your bother Benson?
nope...theres loads of Zs around that look pretty much the same...CF hood, body kit with a black lip...spoiler...WHITE haahhaa
Old 09-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
vw gti taillights usually come stock with slight tint. thats usually how i can tell if its a gti or not from far away, unless they bought aftermarket tails.
i actually tinted mine to be R32 style :P
i think the jetta tdi are the ones with the tinted ones not the gti and rabbit
Old 09-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

well the old gti's use to come like that.

Quote:

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 09-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #23
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Welcome to Volkswagen ownership! Enjoy the niggles of electric issues, busted coilpacks, and even more electric issues.

j/k

I do miss my Volkswagens, though...

Anyway, welcome to RS and "Yay!" on the car. I love the MKV GTI's.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post

same here.. i'd buy a car (30k-40k) for each of my kids if he/she deserves it and if i'm in a good financial position.

Seriously the last thing I want my non-gangster, teenage, JB daughter to do is taking the crappy transit at night. Also a vehicle can save a lot of precious studying time by shortening the time to commute to school and home.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #25
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
GLI/GTI/GLX/Trophy/GL.... all the "sporty" models typically had tinted-style tail lights.

Not sure about the MKV's, though...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote