REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Showering too much???

i really didn't even thing this was an issue but apparently i shower too much.
i usually shower in the morning because it helps me feel better in the morning along with waking me up, but then i also shower when i get home or before i go to bed because i feel sweaty and dirty after work and being on the bus.
I've even sometimes showered 3 times during the when i told someone at work about this they told me im damaging skin oils or something i thought it was bs but then my dad told me and i saw it on the internet
so now im kind of nervous if this could lead to problems in the future???

im even sometime as bad as i wont go on my lap top or play my 360 bc i havent shower and i feel as im dirty when in the back of my mind i know that washing my hands is just as fine and showering except im not washing my whole body.

Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
I don't think it's bad for you, just a waste of time. You must have OCD or something, if you think you need to shower that much.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

i only shower 3 times if i had work, so then i shower before and after but then i hit the gym im not going to go to bed all sweaty lol
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

showering 2 times a day is normal
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
Retired moderator

It's not bad, but I think you could be drying out your skin. You're losing a lot of water when you shower, especially when it's a hot shower.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
I shower twice a day regularly. 3 times if I go to the gym/work on the car in the afternoon, or before going partying or something.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I shower 3 times a day, morning, after I workout and before I go to bed. And Girl is right, if you shower too much and use too much soap it will dry out your skin. I had this issue a couple years ago and my doctor told me to start using unscented and very mild soap which has worked out great.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
HELP ME PLS!!!

wow no wonder vancouver has a water shortage. all you guys shower waaay too much. 3x every day? massive waste of water.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
wow no wonder vancouver has a water shortage. all you guys shower waaay too much. 3x every day? massive waste of water.
In actuality, because of the abundance of water in the lower mainland (possibly B.C.?) water leaks from underground carrying tubes is the #1 water "loss".
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
vancouver has a water shortage.
WAT?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
=/ i doubt Canada or any none 3rd world country will ever be short on water... its not hard to get it .. i mean most of plant is water lol.. and im pretty sure if we need to build/purchase machines/plants to clean our water .. lol anyways i HIGHLY doubt vancouver has a water shortage lol..
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

off topic, when you guys showering 3 times a day..do you wash your hairs 3 times as well ? because i do... and i think im losing hairs because of that
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

my exgf told me its bad to shampoo your hair more than once a day. i dunno. lol
bossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

showering twice a day isn't bad for u! i do that myself!

it sounds like ur leaning a bit towards being germaphobic or whatnot by the sounds of u saying u want to shower before playing ur 360?
ur-lil-sw33tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by silk View Post
off topic, when you guys showering 3 times a day..do you wash your hairs 3 times as well ? because i do... and i think im losing hairs because of that
I shower twice a day but i only wash my hair with shampoo at night time (get out all the wax and siht) and in the morning i just soak it ..

And

Yes, apparently washing your hair to much dmg's it same as wearing a hats to much and geling/waxing ur hair... (heard this from a friend who is a hair stylist)
Your really only suppose to wash your hair every few days.. (if u look at girls, u can tell sometimes they dont wash there hair everyday .. duno if there lazy or because it dmgs it lol )
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:57 AM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

^ ya man...thats exactly what i heard.. but most of the days i go out with waxing my hair..and i needed to shampoo it
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
just once. when i wake up.

i only shower before bed if i was sweaty, ie. gym.

i shower three times if i hit the gym in the middle of the day and then say i go out and go party all night. lol even then i might not shower when i get home.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #18
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
It depends on what you mean by too much. Showering with the scrubbing and hot chlorinated water damages your skin so more showering is worse, but too little showering is unsanitary.

If you sweat a lot I would say it is justified. Sweating being one the body's methods of getting rid of waste. More of a side effect then its primary function. You could still get by without it, but I am sure if your are feeling dirty on a normal day that this might be too much. That is why it is ok during summer. On cool days when you are inactive you could probably skip a day. You could probably go more, but your social life might be hindered
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote