REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
damn thats pretty cool.
Advertisement
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #52
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

wow, now there's something.
Vip13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #53
RS Lurker, I don't post!

this windows film are available to buy?

price of film are?

best regards from portugal
rmrpt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #54
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Another thread on a similar thing over on m5board.com

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ir-m5-yet.html
Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #55
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

good you're still workin on this tech man! good luck with it!

id def get this on my next car
Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #56
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
"it is illegal to drive with a tint that prevents an officer of the law from lookin at the driver... if the car is parked.. you can do whatever you want.. in my case, you cannot look inside the car... "

Nope, see my earlier post. As long as the vehicle is on a "highway" it has to NOT have any tint film on any driver or passenger windows. Doesn't matter if it parked. The tint prohibition is also to do with the shatter properties designed into those windows, which your tint defeats. If you plan on offering it for sale, or selling it in in BC, you can be charged under the Motor vehicle act.

"222 A person must not sell, offer for sale, expose or display for sale or deliver over to a purchaser for use a motor vehicle, trailer or equipment for them that is not in accordance with this Act and the regulations."
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #57
Banned By Establishment

That'd be hilarious in the changing room if it worked the other way around where if there was no current running to it would go to clear.

Watch a power outage at the mall.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #58
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
"it is illegal to drive with a tint that prevents an officer of the law from lookin at the driver... if the car is parked.. you can do whatever you want.. in my case, you cannot look inside the car... "

Nope, see my earlier post. As long as the vehicle is on a "highway" it has to NOT have any tint film on any driver or passenger windows. Doesn't matter if it parked. The tint prohibition is also to do with the shatter properties designed into those windows, which your tint defeats. If you plan on offering it for sale, or selling it in in BC, you can be charged under the Motor vehicle act.

"222 A person must not sell, offer for sale, expose or display for sale or deliver over to a purchaser for use a motor vehicle, trailer or equipment for them that is not in accordance with this Act and the regulations."
Shops will probably just pull out the 'For Off Road Use Only' stamp and sell it anyways.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #59
RS Peace Officer

So Mr Smith of ABZ Tiniting...you installed the tint in contravention to the MVRegs, knowqing that it was illegal, then you stamped the bill of sale saying that it was for "off road use only". The requirement of the Regs are that you NOT "deliver over to the purchaser for use"...yet you knew that MR Z, the moment he backed his car out of your garage, onto the parking lot/alley/street...was breaking the law. Did he show up with a tow truck to remove his vehicle from your business so the the car would be in compliance with the Regs. I assume this vehicle had current BC licence & registration...it DID have licence plates on it didn't it? If so you have to assume the vehicle will be driven on a Highway and therefore both you and Mr Z will be breaking the law.

Yup...I could see the court case go downhill very fast trying to use that lie. If the vehicler is licenced for use on a "highway" in BC, you can't excuse your actions by saying it is for "off road use". If it truely is for "show or off road use only", why spend the money to licence it for road use? There would be absoloutely no point in wasting the money.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #60
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

As long as this become legal for the front, I am down 100% too!! Hit me up when you get all the legal issues all sorted out!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #61
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ there is no legal issues, ZuluTango is quoting the same law that applies for regular window tint.... so basically this is no different than window tint in the eyes of the law.
It carries the same risks as window tint basically, and I don't know of one person who's decided not to get tint because of breaking this law, some people are worried about getting pulled over sure, but it's not a big deal to anyone really.

And there hundreds of shops in the city that do window tinting, I have no doubts whatsoever once this gets going they will be doing these installs as well without skipping a beat.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #62
RS Peace Officer

Problem with the "legal issues" is that MVB can now issue variances for clear UV tint film but will NOT because it defeats the federally required shatter requirements of the driver & passengerdoor windows. I can't see them getting around that requirement and permitting this variable tint.