REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #76
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
any news on the condition of the car?
Advertisement
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #77
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

That's great news! Glad to hear it has been recovered. I hope it's not too damaged. I'm still waiting to find out how bad mine is. Don't expect the RCMP to move very quickly with the investigation. I'm finding that the Coquitlam officer who is looking after the original theft only works 3 days per week, and when she's off *nobody* is looking after it. And yesterday when I talked to Richmond RCMP (where my car was recovered), they weren't even aware that the Coquitlam detachment had surveillance video of the thieves! Unbelievable. It's like they're all just going through the motions and don't really care about getting these scumbags off the streets. I hope your car was stolen & recovered in the same area so you only have to deal with one detachment!

Hope it all works out well and you've got receipts for all the extras so you can prove its true value to ICBC. I expect to be going through that process myself soon...

-Rich
phreeZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #78
Why'd you do that for?

Checked out the car today...curbed front rim, scratches on both rear fenders, cut soft top...again,these are the external body damages.

Honestly...i thought i would have ICBC/RCMP full cooperation in trying to bust these thieves, but its starting to show they don't care much. ICBC is trying to spend the least amount of money they can by prooving that its fraud, instead of working closely with the RCMP in identifying the thieves. RCMP officer that i dealt with passed on the case to ICBC when they recovered the car...and no news on how they found it. Atleast my adjuster is cooperative...i guess its just necessary steps that they have to go through...
Yeah luckily i do have most of my receipts...but then again...its very stressful dealing with ICBC...i am for sure switching my extended insurance to another company after this matter is resolved. Goodluck with your case aswell
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #79
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
can you talk more about how they think it's fraud? is your case going to go to SIU?
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote