REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Escalade fuel filling problem

So another person's 2004 escalade developed a problem after a while and wow is it annoying. When you fill gas, the pump clicks to tell your tank is full after anywhere from $0.05 to $3.50 worth of gas despite how much gas there really is in the truck. So pumping a full tank is very very annoying because it continously says its full.

We had the piping and all the stuff between the gas tank and the gas cap checked by a shop and nothing was wrong. Next step would be to have the gas tank taken down and see if there is a problem with that...right?

Any suggestions?
Advertisement
BLU_LU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You might have a blocked drainage pipe.. there is a pipe that bypasses the tank so extra fuel will flow out of the car. It might caused some funny pressure situations if it is blocked.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
You might have a blocked drainage pipe.. there is a pipe that bypasses the tank so extra fuel will flow out of the car. It might caused some funny pressure situations if it is blocked.
Thanks for the input but i believe when we took it to a shop they checked that area and said its fine. But they did say that the flap (dont know if thats the correct term) at the enterance to the gas tank is where the problem could be.

I wonder if its the air pressure in the gas pipe that triggers the gas pump or is it something else?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I have had this problem with my car aswell...the fix would be to pull the pump out a cm or so..and continue filling.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
I have had this problem with my car aswell...the fix would be to pull the pump out a cm or so..and continue filling.
Thanks but we tried it and it didn't work
Old 09-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I have this problem occasionally with my Envoy, I rotate the pump nozzle 90deg which usually solves it.
1965 Chevrolet Nova SS - BBC powered gasser in the making.
1963 Acadian Beaumont Convertible - My silver on red baby.
ostampflee is offline   Reply With Quote