REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Speed Limiter Bill C319 Introduced in Parliament. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/589555-speed-limiter-bill-c319-introduced-parliament.html)

Harvey Specter 09-16-2009 10:15 PM

Speed Limiter Bill C319 Introduced in Parliament.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicat...guage=e&Mode=1

Please act on this by contacting this MP Jim Karygiannis and your local MP.

jim@karygiannismp.com

Quote:

Posted by: ELITE_TRAYUNZE :
SUMMARY
This enactment amends the Motor Vehicle Safety Act to include prohibitions against the manufacture, importation, sale, lease, operation and release after repair of motor vehicles manufactured after January 1, 2010 if they are not equipped with a speed limiter that is engaged and set to a maximum speed that is not greater than 150 kilometres per hour.
Post from http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302765

Rikaro 09-16-2009 10:19 PM

they should've done that a long time ago. People drive like fucking douche bags especially in vancouver.

Blue92 09-16-2009 10:46 PM

I doubt it will go anywhere

impactX 09-16-2009 10:52 PM

Should set it to 110km/h.

Blue92 09-16-2009 10:58 PM

Actually, they should set it to 30km/h... things get dicey above that speed.

unit 09-16-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactX (Post 6596812)

ur kidding. you never cruise above that late at night on the hwy?

triplexcel 09-16-2009 11:07 PM

thats gona be a waste of money.. people will find ways to take it off.

jlenko 09-16-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Agreed. Unless you're at the track, there is no need to go faster than this.

I get passed by doucebags all the time at night going waaaay faster than they should... little doubt in my mind that while there are "aerodynamic improvements" made to their vehicles, they are still running stock brakes which don't do squat when they need to stop in a hurry.

I loved it when I saw one idiot pass me at a horrendous speed thru the Cassiar tunnel one night... only to see his POS Prelude smashed head-first into the wall before the bridge, once I got there a minute later. He didn't seem too impressed at that point... but he deserved what he got. Lucky he didn't take anyone else out.

Lomac 09-16-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

What about for those of us who frequently use the Coquihalla? The set limit on that is 110km/hr, though it's not like people never go even a few clicks faster than that to pass someone...

impactX 09-16-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6596833)

People who are going to remove the limiter are going to do it regardless of what speed it's set at... and people who don't need to remove the limiter don't need to travel faster than the speed limit on public roads.

skyxx 09-16-2009 11:44 PM

I agree to all of the above people who said that there should be a cap at around 110-20 KM/H You don't need to even go that fast, regardless you're on highway or not. If you desire a faster speed then just take it off yourself but I'm staying away from you. I sense that in the future where all cars with be GPS equipped. By doing so the satellites will automatically limit the car's speed. For example, if you're on the highway and the limit is 90km/h, the satellite will sense your car's location along with the associated speed limit and will tell the on board computer to limit the car to that speed.

simsimi1004 09-17-2009 02:12 AM

^ being tracked 24/7?

too_slow 09-17-2009 02:18 AM

I use the Coquihalla every weekend.. Whoever said to have the speed capped at 110 on your car should be shot..

jbsali 09-17-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6596833)

the idea is to stay within the speed limit... not exceed.

SpuGen 09-17-2009 02:26 AM

Anyone who even says "Yes" to this needs to be shot.

It's not like everyone speeds WAY past the limit.
It's called using common sense, and those who fail to do so end up with thier car smashed up on the barrier.

With that said, It'll cost about $20 to get the limiter removed easily. (with a fancy switch)
Sure, you won't be able to see how fast you're actually going, but there's way around that.

Remote switch, 2 wires, 4 solder connections.

But if you wanna get fancy and see how fast you're going without hitting the limit, it gets a little fancier than that.

jbsali 09-17-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 6597083)
Anyone who even says "Yes" to this needs to be shot.

It's not like everyone speeds WAY past the limit.
It's called using common sense, and those who fail to do so end up with thier car smashed up on the barrier.

It doesn't matter if your "WAY" past the speed limit or a little over... your over the speed limit. view it anyway you want, it's still against the law. If you have a vaild drivers license you should be using your common sense while on the road for both your safety and others (at all times).

The only reason people should be saying "No" to this is cause its a waste of money. It's not that bad of an idea. But someone will crack it.

nuff' said

SpuGen 09-17-2009 02:56 AM

You know what?
I'm all for it If I were a normal daily commuter.

I drive the speed limit, I rarely speed since gas is murder on my car.
But if it "limits" my car from it's potential when I want to test it on the track That's kinda bullshit.

Please no GTR ecu bullshit that takes off the limiter when you're on the track.

I was born a HUMAN. I was raised to test my limits, and break them. I refuse to conform to the general consensus because I'm a MAN. I am a Man with common sense. I believe in Darwinism and whatever the fuck those Church people believe in.

Tkaing my factory speed limiter is taking away my pride, soul, and dignity. I refuse to be sheltered, and I expect the same respect that everyone else in Europe gets. No drinking limits, and no speed limits on certain highways. I believe in paying the cop to get away from a ticket. I believe in attempting to kill myself by going way faster than the car should from the factory. I believe that China will take over the world.

Because I'm a man. I am Chinese Born Canadian.
Taking away my speed limiter is taking away my freedom.
So I say FUCK YOU to whoever agrees to this bill. We need more Burnouts (fuck Yeah) and less Commuter grocery getters that barely hit 150.

I have a 4 Liter V8 that was designed in the late 80's and was electronically limited to 260 (before I took it off). I expect my future cars to do more and better than that speed.

Because I am a Man. And I need the feeling of almost killing myself.
Otherwise, I would drive a Corolla.

Euro7r 09-17-2009 03:03 AM

This is mudabullshit. I'll buy a brand new car before they equip this crap.

I don't get the point of this bill. Prevent people from speeding? Is this really going to be effective.

jbsali 09-17-2009 03:21 AM

how do you not get the point of this bill? did you read it?

i could give two shits the way this thing goes. theres no such thing as freedom and theres to many stupid drivers in vancouver.

...and i didn't know i had to vote against this to be a "MAN" i thought getting puss was good enough. LOL

LowTEC 09-17-2009 03:37 AM

Having a speed limiter at 110km/h doesn't stop people driving at 110kmh on No.3 road or school zone, I don't see the point

godwin 09-17-2009 04:13 AM

BMW and most European cars already have limiters on them.. except they are not set at maximum 150kph.

Great68 09-17-2009 05:55 AM

The end of supercar sales in Canada is near?

LowTEC 09-17-2009 05:58 AM

Not necessarily, many of those owners are just posers *cough*. and just brag how fast their cars CAN be

twixxer 09-17-2009 06:36 AM

is there really that many accidents involving cars going over 150Km/h? i mean usually when you go that quick you ensure you are in the safest of places so you dont kill yourself!

ilvtofu 09-17-2009 06:39 AM

there's really no need to be going over 150km/h...

unless you got the need, the need FOR SPEED!!!!
http://xspblog.com/wp-content/upload...9000_small.jpg