REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Busters Towing did some damage to my vehicle! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/589576-busters-towing-did-some-damage-my-vehicle.html)

optiblue 09-17-2009 12:53 AM

Busters Towing did some damage to my vehicle!

Summary:
I parked less than 6m away from a crosswalk and got ticketed and towed. My fault for being careless and have come to accept the fees involved.

What I'm not okay with is the fact that they quite extensively damaged my rear driver's side mudgard and scuffed up the rear passenger mudgard to a lesser extent. I believe that the damage was caused by the use of dollies (thank god they used them) but the damage is still unacceptable.

I currently wrote up an incident form and their manager is going to phone me as soon as possible to view the damages. My question is, would they actually pay me privately for new ones, or should I report this to ICBC? I read some other threads that people would go as far as bringing in a lawyer, however these are around $140 each and it might not be in my best interest to sue. Any experience dealing with Busters claims would be greatly appreciated.

Pic: :cry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Attachment.jpg

impactX 09-17-2009 01:01 AM

Document it with before-and-after pictures and copy of the bylaw ticket. Worse comes to worst, small-claim court.

Harvey Specter 09-17-2009 01:40 AM

I think they'll pay up if the damage is very minor so they can avoid ICBC but they'll most likely try to low ball you first. I know my friend got them to pay for a hub cap wheel cover on his Toyota last year which they curbed when they towed his car.

thumper 09-17-2009 06:13 AM

holy crap... $140 per mudguard? :(

is this a lancer evo? if so i hope to hell they used a dolly otherwise your driveline is f*cked :o

ilvtofu 09-17-2009 06:34 AM

If they used a dolly in the back it seems like it'd be hard not to fuck up your mudflaps, those guys aren't going to be patient because time is money, call in the beatdown crew ;)

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-17-2009 07:12 AM

looks like a EVO

forget about the mudguard

be more concerned about ur transmission and axels etc

did they put ur car on a flate bed or all four wheels on a dolly?

blazn1 09-17-2009 09:26 AM

Sorry to hear Justin. I had my own damage claim with Busters before. ICBC got involved too but was still unsuccessful. If you got the time and patience to fight this with them, go for it, but from my experience, save yourself some time and sanity and just cut your losses.

optiblue 09-17-2009 02:17 PM

Thanks for the tips~ the manager called me today but I was at work and just left them a message~

it is the evo 10, and I think they dollied the rear wheels and lifted the front. Car drives fine so it's more a cosmetic battle.

I'll give them till tomorrow and I'll see how that goes~

k20a 09-17-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optiblue (Post 6597799)
Thanks for the tips~ the manager called me today but I was at work and just left them a message~

it is the evo 10, and I think they dollied the rear wheels and lifted the front. Car drives fine so it's more a cosmetic battle.

I'll give them till tomorrow and I'll see how that goes~

uhhh. Your car is AWD, i think your car needs to be towed with a FLAT BED or else it will damage the drivetrain. :mad:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

sexyaccord 09-17-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k20a (Post 6597886)
uhhh. Your car is AWD, i think your car needs to be towed with a FLAT BED or else it will damage the drivetrain. :mad:

his rear wheels didn't touch the ground, they were dollied
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1205/...7d91be40_b.jpg

Lomac 09-17-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k20a (Post 6597886)

Dollies work just as well as a flat bed. In fact, using dollies is better than a flatbed because in order to get the car onto the bed of the truck, it still needs to be rolled on.

WHEYsted 09-17-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexyaccord (Post 6597916)
his rear wheels didn't touch the ground, they were dollied
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1205/...7d91be40_b.jpg

WHOA! sexyaccord posted something that made sense for the first time.

optiblue 09-17-2009 03:53 PM

^ what they said

yeah, as you can see from that pic, my mudgards didn't stand a chance! I'm lucky they didn't do to my car what they did to that white gtr in another thread (2 wheeled it).

unit 09-17-2009 03:58 PM

tow companies are crooks and dont give a shit what they do to your car.
they'll also steal anything they find inside and deny it.

Roach 09-18-2009 02:10 AM

Fight it. We had a buster's driver forget to put the e-brake on when releasing a friend's car. The car fell off the hook and came crashing to the ground, thereby smashing his lip.

The tow truck driver paid for a new lip plus paint. We did have some help in that a girl in our group used to work for Buster's and knew the driver. But still, she didn't have to say anything on our friend's behalf.

Kev

StylinRed 09-18-2009 02:17 AM

its busters you're lucky your car is still in 1 piece

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-18-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6597945)
tow companies are crooks and dont give a shit what they do to your car.
they'll also steal anything they find inside and deny it.

yup they really could careless wtf may happen to ur car, the sooner the get it out of the way the happier they are. And that includes taking short cuts too
Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6598855)

werd

shenmecar 09-18-2009 10:31 AM

I saw a Buster's tow truck tow a Corolla by lifting up the rear and dragging the front wheels on the ground. GG.

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-18-2009 10:39 AM

it better be a manual one

BMW135i 09-18-2009 11:55 AM

nice evo, sad to hear the price of the mudguard

!Aznboi128 09-18-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

true that

optiblue 09-19-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Yah, I agree completely. Worse comes to worse, I'll just run mudgardless which is better than a broken tranny!

unit 09-19-2009 10:07 AM

actually i had a good experience with drake towing last night.
i was being stupid and let my compustar alarm lock me out with my keys in the ignition.
the guy came and was fuckin pro at prying my window. used a little air pump to pump my window open, unlocked my car in 2 minutes, didnt leave a single scratch anywhere.
from what i've seen with tow companies in the past, when they do this they leave scratches and bend the shit out of your moldings just to get the job done. i was super impressed and couldnt have asked for more. and i have roadstar plus so it was all free

BEEB 09-19-2009 12:13 PM

small claim court is easy, but kinda time consuming. Don't forget to add the court fees to the total claim !

J____ 09-19-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6600497)
actually i had a good experience with drake towing last night.
i was being stupid and let my compustar alarm lock me out with my keys in the ignition.
the guy came and was fuckin pro at prying my window. used a little air pump to pump my window open, unlocked my car in 2 minutes, didnt leave a single scratch anywhere.
from what i've seen with tow companies in the past, when they do this they leave scratches and bend the shit out of your moldings just to get the job done. i was super impressed and couldnt have asked for more. and i have roadstar plus so it was all free

they're ALWAYS good when you HIRE them to do a job. When they're towing you for parking illegally, they dont give a shit. the faster to get you out the better. When i was at ubc, i parked in a spot in in one of the residence, someone called the tow truck company, and 1 came. By the time it came i was standing at the rear of my car and putting shit into my trunk, the guy pulls up past me then backs in and proceeds to run his scissor lift thing OVER my foot and into place to lock my wheels in. He then made me pay $40 for a release fee. WTF is with that. i couldnt sue cuz i only had a skin scrap on my foot as i jumped out of the way of the crushing dolly barely in time.