REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 09-17-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Mint, classic 1976 Porsche 911S

After much deliberation, I have decided to say good-bye to the sweetest car I've ever owned - this beautiful, vintage '76 911.

I looked long and hard for a well kept, original, documented 911 and when I saw this car, it was love at first drive!

This is a west coast car (originally sold in Seattle - then relocated to Vancouver approx. 20 years ago) There is not an ounce of rust and the car has been meticulously maintained and owned by - what most would deem - Porschefiles! Every single receipt and maintenance record- including original bill of sale! - is here! The car is original and not officially 'restored', but everything has been either updated or rebuilt/replaced as need be over the years. The car needs nothing as it sits - just a lover of pure driving!

In the last 20000 miles, it has received a rebuilt engine, new clutch, rebuilt transmission and new paint - all documented. Upon inspection, I had a full inspection and leakdown test and my mechanic stated the car has better numbers than most new cars he's had tested and it passed all inspections without any issues. It doesn't drip a drop of oil.

The car starts, tracks, handles and drives exactly as it should and it is such a pleasure to drive, I KNOW that down the road I WILL be getting another........likely a late 80s example. These get in your blood and they are a truly unique driving experience. Everything purists and enthusiasts say make the 911's special is utterly true. I have owned many, many cars over my 25 years of driving - including a turbo 944 and 968 (both phenominal cars!) - but after owing an air cooled Porsche, you really understand what makes them so special. A pure, honest, 'carved from a single piece of granite' sports car.

Though the factory 2.7L only delivers in the area of 170hp, this is a 2400 pound car so it isdeceptively quick - and so much fun! There is nothing like the sound of that air cooled mill as you row thru the gears (5 speed, of course!)

Being a 70s car, there isn't a lot of bells and whistles, but what is there works exactly as it should except the clock in the gauge cluster. The factory sunroof was completely rebuilt and works flawlessly. There are no power options so nothing to worry about!! The previous owner installed a CD stereo as well as an amp and subwoofer (mounted discreetly and hidden in the footwell) It sounds quite nice. The door speakers have also been upgraded to Polks as well. There is also a Clifford alarm.

Since I took ownership, she's never let me down, but I have had a few tweaks and repairs - as follows
-full and complete tune up (wires, plugs, filters, cap and rotor)
-factory Porsche short shifter with new bushing kit
-custom stainless exhaust (consisting of twin mufflers) - sounds simply wicked, but not obnoxious in any way!
-brand new alternator

The body of the car is literally flawless! Not a mark or dent on it and though it was painted 10000 miles ago, it shines as new. All trim is intact and either original or updated.

The headliner was completely redone when the sunroof was out. The seats are in good condition, though the drivers seat has a split at the outer left edge of the back (as seen in photo) It hasn't worsened or bothered me enough to fix, but if you want a flawless interior, you may want to recover the fronts..... the passengers' is excellent. The door cards were recently redone, and I put in some black carpeted Porsche mats. The carpeting - as far as I know - is original. It has that 70s shag look! I was thinking of getting a new kit, but honestly, the car's a driver and it didn't detract from the car....so I left it.

The glass is all perfect. She has the coveted staggered 16" fuchs (16 X 6 front/16 X 7, rear) The car was also upgraded to Hella H4 headlights.

I don't know if I'm forgetting anything, but I can assure you if you are looking for an extremely well kept, extensively documented and beautiful to drive and look at example of this classic car, you simply won't find nicer for the price.

I am asking $14500 for the car. I am negotiable but I will not discuss price over the internet or phone. You will have to view and drive the car before money is discussed......but I assure you, you will not be disappointed when you do.

I live in south Vancouver and can be reached at (604)809-7604.

Cheers!

(CL ad with pics here -
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...377535460.html )
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #2

Car is SOLD!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
How I Mod your mother

Damn I would've loved to see some pics
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
todd! what is the matter with you? i cry inside every time you sell a car (except the one you sold me)
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

craigslist posting removed....

pics?
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #6

lol As mentioned, car is sold (above)........and 'unit' - you still have my old beast do ya? I can't recall how many cars I've had since then......but it's likely in the double digits! lol ADHD, automotively speaking!! Hope it's serving you well?

~T~
Old 09-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
nono you sold me the bimmer. i saw your 76 porsche at your place tho, it was gorgeous!
i guess its hard to remember when you sell cars faster than most kingsway dealers.
and yes, its serving me just fine!
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #8

lol Sorry man - ya I do lose track of new owners of rides in my past! Let's see - 2 BMWs, 6 Porsches, 5 Mustangs, 1 SVT Focus, 1 '67 Cougar, a '65 T-bird, '80TR8, 2 '80 442s, 2 Turbo Fireflys! - a Corrado, a VR6 GTI, a Swift GT, an '83 GTI, a '94 Probe GT,1 '70 Cutlass (first car) - a '65 Falcon, an '03 Xterra.............I 'think' that's it but I'm sure I'm over 30 so something's missing!

What'll be next? Still want a nice E36 M3 one day!!

~T~