REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-09-2014, 11:59 PM   #76
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
what? cancelled means no more NEW episodes not that its gonna stop being played on nbc...

it's already on Netflix and much music LOL
I was referring to the whole "Six seasons and a movie" bit. I'm sure another network will commit at least to a final season of Community. It's not a large budget show.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #77

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
i hope so!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #78
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I'm sure it'll find a new home on Netflix or Comedy Channel.

The last couple seasons definitely haven't been the greatest though, so I'm not terribly surprised it was canned.
This. I'm actually kinda glad it was canned now instead of dragging it on for another season (and a movie, which I highly doubt would've been made anyway) in the direction its been heading since season 4.
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:04 AM   #79

Just realized I only watched up to S05E06 and have 7 episodes i haven't watched yet
Old 06-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #80
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
We can't promise a Community movie, but thanks to one Human Being-loving company (ahem, that's Yahoo), Community will be getting revived for a sixth season, set to premiere this Fall on Yahoo Screen. Creator Dan Harmon and castmembers Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Jim Rash, and Ken Jeong have all signed on for Season 6.
"I am very pleased that Community will be returning for its predestined sixth season on Yahoo," Harmon said in a statement. "I look forward to bringing our beloved NBC sitcom to a larger audience by moving it online. I vow to dominate our new competition. Rest easy, Big Bang Theory. Look out, BangBus!"

"‘The reports of our cancellation have been greatly exaggerated.’" McHale said, attributing the quote to Mark Twain, joking that the other version of this quote has been wrong for years. "#SixSeasonsAndaMovie is real. Thank you Sony. Thank you Yahoo. Thank you Dan Harmon. And thank you to the greatest f%$#ing fans in the history of the human race. It’s the internet. We can swear now."

After five seasons of on-the-bubble ratings, NBC announced Community's cancellation back in May – truly the darkest timeline – but the show's hardcore fans never gave up. There's been plenty of speculation about online outlets vying to give the show a new home ever since, and now we can all wave our inappropriately emblazoned flags in victory.

Community has always been at its best when it's gone super-meta, and Abed's (Pudi) words of wall-breaking wisdom to Annie (Brie) in the Season 5 finale, "Basic Sandwich," signaled to fans that Harmon and co. wouldn't give up the fight if NBC pulled the plug: "This show, Annie ... it isn’t just their show. This is our show, and it’s not over." And then he spouted something about asteroids destroying Greendale... so we're happy that didn't happen.

But they have had their fair share of hurdles along the way: There was the behind-the-scenes drama between Harmon and original castmember Chevy Chase that resulted in Chase's exit in Season 4; there was Harmon's ousting and replacement during Season 4 after repeated issues on set and fights with the network and studio; and there was Donald Glover's exit as Troy after only a handful of episodes in Season 5.

There's no love lost between Harmon and Chase, but we weren't alone in missing Troy Barnes. A lot. At Community's PaleyFest panel back in March, Harmon said he'd try his best to get Glover back on the show, if and when a Season 6 happened.

“I'm just going to go home, kill a chicken, drink its blood, make a Blair Witch thing out of its bones, pray to every deity that I have to that if we do get a sixth season that Donald will have tired of his Donald-ness,” Harmond said at the time.

But a sixth season was seeming less and less likely as time went on. A few weeks back, Harmon seemed cautiously optimistic about the show's future while speaking at the Banff World Media Festival. Harmon praised the show's studio, Sony, for "brokering deals and making the impossible possible," but added a caveat: "I feel, just as a regular fellow looking at the whole thing, it seems so impossible to pull off. So many deals would have to be made that aren't currently made. So many contracts would have to be negotiated."

Now the impossible has become a reality. Back in April, Yahoo announced its plans to create original series, starting with the comedies Other Space, from executive producer Paul Feig, and Sin City Saints, both of which will premiere eight episodes for their first season to binge-watch on Yahoo Screen or the mobile apps.

Community Season 6 will be available in the same format, with all 13 episodes being released at once sometime in 2015. Consider it a new Greendale course requirement: Advanced TV Revitalization & Binge-Watching.

Now stop reading, throw on some Dave Matthews Band, and do a little victory dance!
https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/c...204612640.html

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #81

Old 03-04-2015, 02:27 AM   #82
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
trailer for season 6... looks like a need to bypass US restrictions for yahoo screen....forgot if there was a canadian network that aired Community...i think cityTV did

Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #83
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Is it just me, or does the show not feel the same anymore? Especially the season 6 trailer. Not too sure what I think about the looks of this new season..
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #84
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.f0ng View Post
Is it just me, or does the show not feel the same anymore? Especially the season 6 trailer. Not too sure what I think about the looks of this new season..
It's almost a brand new show to me so far. New set and new characters but I'm going to keep watching to give them a chance to to groove
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #85
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
The Honda episode was awesome
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #86
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I loved this show, then it turned hopeless when Dan Harmon left, and upon his return I never came back to see if the show went back to it's roots.

Maybe one day I will come back and re-watch it through, but for now, they killed this show for me.

Spoiler!

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote