REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 09-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #26
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
thanks... you probably know that the wheels are rare/irreplaceable... i may end up taking them to my grave

as a fellow BMP, any tips on how to wash without scratching?
The latest wash mit that Ken at Autowerks Exclusive sells is amazing. Use a 2 bucket method w/ a good wash soap. Meguiars gold class is pretty good for an OTC product. Right now i have a gallon of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash that I really like.

I foam my car with a fertilizer sprayer i got from Home Hardware, just to get dirt as soft as possible before actually touching the car with anything.

The MKV BMP is alot softer then the BMP I had on my old 20th Anniversary so you have to be a little careful.

NEVER EVER EVER use a car wash brush on it .....EVER
Advertisement
chollas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #27
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i use optimum no rinse because i rarely have access to a hose since i park on the street. i am using the 2 bucket/grit guard method, but with a crappy tire microfibre mitt that i'm not sure about. i've used a pressure wand before at a self-serve but i get into trouble for bringing my own wash stuff so all i can do is spray it down at the self-serve and then drive home and park on the street to finish the rest.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chollas View Post
The latest wash mit that Ken at Autowerks Exclusive sells is amazing. Use a 2 bucket method w/ a good wash soap. Meguiars gold class is pretty good for an OTC product. Right now i have a gallon of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash that I really like.
NEVER EVER EVER use a car wash brush on it .....EVER
I have Honda (Acura) Nighthawk Black Pearl paint. So soft and easy to scratch, OMFG so hard to keep clean too.

Quote:
i use optimum no rinse because i rarely have access to a hose since i park on the street. i am using the 2 bucket/grit guard method, but with a crappy tire microfibre mitt that i'm not sure about. i've used a pressure wand before at a self-serve but i get into trouble for bringing my own wash stuff so all i can do is spray it down at the self-serve and then drive home and park on the street to finish the rest.
Go get the wash mitt that Ken sells, use that for the top part of the car. For the bottom parts of the car (sills, etc) use the CT mitt. Never EVER use a brush on anything but your wheels. As to the hose problem... longer hose? Or borrow a friend's...

That mitt (the blue one I assume) is so soft and nice I want to use it as a pillow. I couldn't stop stroking it when I got it!

I use Meg's Gold Class just because I had CT money to blow - gotta love the Options Mastercard. I want to try Bilt Hamber Auto Wash next... but I got the big jug so that'll be a while.

http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/p...itt/index.html
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Excellent job there bud! Glad you finally got a chance to get at it. Nice to see you taping things up. For the tape, I find the green 3M stuff ( not the painters tape - you get it from Lordco ) is alot easier to use than the blue. It comes in a variety of widths. Narrower stuff is awesome for around trim etc and doesn't rip as easy. Yes the car will feel smoother after 106FA. Yes you can go over your headlights and taillights with your pc as you polish. I used a wool pad on headlights and taillights of my brothers brand new GTI today. What a f'n mess. Right from the dealer and I'm already into it for 9 hours. Just on the paint. Your methods are good. Keep it to 2x2 sections and you'll be fine. Keep it up!
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #30
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
thanks for the advice and encouragement ken, especially since i've been bugging you since the day you opened and still have yet to meet you in person
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
thanks for the advice and encouragement ken, especially since i've been bugging you since the day you opened and still have yet to meet you in person
No worries. Lots of time.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote