REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Lesson learned:

Instead of flipping out, next time calmly pull up behind the car and get the plate. Then call 911, report it and follow the guy until he stops.

You're selling your car to buy a house, then expect to buy a 911 or M3? I guess you're planning to run into extra cash after buying a house?
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Lesson learned:

Instead of flipping out, next time calmly pull up behind the car and get the plate. Then call 911, report it and follow the guy until he stops.

You're selling your car to buy a house, then expect to buy a 911 or M3? I guess you're planning to run into extra cash after buying a house?
911 doesn't cost a whole lot these days neither does a M3....
with proper investments in shares and hard work, a house and a car isn't hard to comeby if you work with the right company(s).
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
lol as tempting as it is...the last time i did this, i ended up at the richmond detatchment overnight, a court date, and 3Gs in lawyer fees.
So this isn't the first time..?

Perhaps you should look into some anger management classes...
Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #29
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Without being there and not knowing if his intention from the get-go was to run away, I'm not really surprised he didn't want to give his info/tried to run away, you probably scared the shit out of him...

You know you have insurance for a reason right? Someone hits you, just roll your eyes and go through the process like everyone else knowing it will get fixed... what use is it to get out of your car and start yelling obscenities and making like someone just stole your baby for prostitution................. they're called "accidents" for a reason. I'm pretty sure nobody gets into accidents intentionally, unless they're scamming for injuries or whatever... don't take it so personal.

Reminds me of the threads on BCSB about sportbike dudes punching mirrors off cars that cut them off LOL... win win... WIN WIN
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Without being there and not knowing if his intention from the get-go was to run away, I'm not really surprised he didn't want to give his info/tried to run away, you probably scared the shit out of him...

You know you have insurance for a reason right? Someone hits you, just roll your eyes and go through the process like everyone else knowing it will get fixed... what use is it to get out of your car and start yelling obscenities and making like someone just stole your baby for prostitution................. they're called "accidents" for a reason. I'm pretty sure nobody gets into accidents intentionally, unless they're scamming for injuries or whatever... don't take it so personal.

Reminds me of the threads on BCSB about sportbike dudes punching mirrors off cars that cut them off LOL... win win... WIN WIN
yeah i totally understand. But this guy did it intentionally thinking he is king shit of the road...thats why i got pretty upset, otherwise i would have just blown it off, and delt with it the proper way.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Old 09-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #31
How I Mod your mother

I dont think all the yelling was necessary, all you really needed was a plate #
I guess its hard to say whether you went too far or not, who knows what I'd do in that situation

At least you had a witness
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
911 doesn't cost a whole lot these days neither does a M3....
with proper investments in shares and hard work, a house and a car isn't hard to comeby if you work with the right company(s).
Understood. What I don't understand is why you have to sell the car to buy the house, then talk of buying back a car that will probably cost more than your current vehicle (I assume e46 M3).

If you just want to get a new ride and new house, that's awesome, yet the rest doesn't make much financial sense.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
haha pretty nice car.

I guess my point was, if I was gonna hit & run, I would avoid all big streets the moment I'm clear from anyone chasing me. And I'll do a bunch of turns.
No one will find me
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #34
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

welll he does drives a nice car, so i dont blame him for going rampage.

Today if u were in an exotic or other high end luxury car and some shitbox hit u, wouldnt u be like $#*$(*@$(*#$(*@#$(*#@(*(*#@$*(#@$(*#$(*#@
or no, nah it will buff right out.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
If you just want to get a new ride and new house, that's awesome, yet the rest doesn't make much financial sense.
Im just trying to unload something that i wont want to drive in the future...I think one the mistakes was buying this car as a "sport/luxury" vehicle to be a weekend warrior and a daily commuter.

I came from a manual transmission to this 5spd automatic....i want to go back to manual badly.
Im just using the house as an excuse to get rid of it. lol
Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #36
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Im just trying to unload something that i wont want to drive in the future...I think one the mistakes was buying this car as a "sport/luxury" vehicle to be a weekend warrior and a daily commuter.

I came from a manual transmission to this 5spd automatic....i want to go back to manual badly.
lol busted!!!
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #37
Banned (BBM)

Quote:

guess the alll in one package dont work too well

keep that one and get a track like vehicle for ur weekend warrior
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #38
I am on the internets

hahaha, i did the same thing to an e55 in my 318i hahah and caught the bimbo

gj
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:40 AM   #39
Banned By Establishment

do what you have to to get the info of the car so his insurance picks up the tab and not yours.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
guess the alll in one package dont work too well

keep that one and get a track like vehicle for ur weekend warrior
It really does not, especially MB's with few performance upgrades, slushboxes (autos), and high centre of gravity with poor suspension geometry.

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a sport bike as a weekend warrior. My friends finally convinced me, that no matter how fast you make your car, their bikes can go faster for much much less.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I wanted to trade up to a CLK a few years ago and the lack of a manual is what ultimately stopped me. The CLK is offered with a manual in Europe, I wish they'd bring it here.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #42
Banned (BBM)

i dont really understand no matter how many vehicles benz releases, they are just not willing to give people the option to ever drive a manual transmission

Audi does it, BMW does it, if their competitor does it why wouldnt they do it?

the AMG line ups would make sense if it releases manual gear box as an option

so AMG No
Brabus No

SLR no

and its been tat way for like a gazillion years already

when will they ever change
Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #43
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
MB doesn't offer manual gearbox because they concentrate on their own resources on the automatic especially on the products that are in the higher price brackets (first to come up with 7 speed etc)..

With their progressive torque converter, it shifts just as fast if not faster than humans can anyways.

Also as a PR move to head off the possibility that valued customers (especially the litigious ones) who paid 100k+ from misshifting and detonating the gearbox.

What does this have to do with the original posting anyways.. this is way off topic.

Quote:
i dont really understand no matter how many vehicles benz releases, they are just not willing to give people the option to ever drive a manual transmission

Audi does it, BMW does it, if their competitor does it why wouldnt they do it?

the AMG line ups would make sense if it releases manual gear box as an option

so AMG No
Brabus No

SLR no

and its been tat way for like a gazillion years already

when will they ever change
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
1. The manuals they do have will not stand up to the high torque of MB engines. They need a better tranny supplier.

2. They do give people the option they want. MBs are not bought by weekend warriors that want a manual. Hell the handbrake is on the floor so that the centre console can have more room, that should tell you something about MB buyers.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #45
Banned (BBM)

that no drift king will drive it>?

lol