REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

the OP sounds like those white dick fags that drive in a raised truck thinking hes the shit. well guess what, ur NOT
Advertisement
MAHALOHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^^^ brown/yellow dick fags suffer from a similar condition in flashy imported "performance" cars.

Here's an idea... get some foam of some sort and cut them into spikes and superglue it to bumpers. Still looks as stupid, will probably still get you pulled over and VIed, but it wont kill anyone when your brakes fail since they were never intended to stop your grossly oversized tires.
1965 Chevrolet Nova SS - BBC powered gasser in the making.
1963 Acadian Beaumont Convertible - My silver on red baby.
ostampflee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
man you live in Van. Don't get me started on how hard we laugh at you guys when it snows for that one day a year. Up here, I see way more trucks in the ditch than cars when it's snowy. Might have something to do with the misplaced "invincibility" most truck owners seem to think they have.

As far as a VI I don't think cops will let you fix stuff roadside, but if you luck out they might. But then you're driving without a bumper, which is still a VI is it not?

no it's for every inch your truck is lifted, your dick get's 1 inch longer.

if im in a ditch, its cause im pushing my truck to see how far i can go before it cant handle anymore....thats what winches are for...i can get myself out of places most of the time, if not, thats what i have a buddy who in his truck messing around with me to help tow me out...

and yes, my dick gets bigger with every inch its lifted....does yours go smaller for every inch you've slammed your car?

and simsimi1004, ill consider it for as long as i want, do you honestly think i care what people think about me? have you never seen some semi trucks with giant studs on their bumpers?? think whos doing more damage there...
im more then willing to pay for any ticket i get, until then, i will do what i want.

when all you people who've gotten vi's what do you do...hmmm.....you put your car to stock, get it checked out, 2 weeks later all your parts are back on it...everyone does shit they shouldnt do, because i want to put some spikes/NUBBINS on my bumper you all scream and cry....get real..

and to mahaloha, dont even know who you are? some random...but yes, im white and yeah i have a raised truck, you have a problem with that? and who ever said anythign about me thinking im the shit? but just to piss you off...yeah...im the shit...now you can please shut up and quit fucking jacking this thread, i want an answer from one of the cops here, not some random.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostampflee View Post
^^^ brown/yellow dick fags suffer from a similar condition in flashy imported "performance" cars.

Here's an idea... get some foam of some sort and cut them into spikes and superglue it to bumpers. Still looks as stupid, will probably still get you pulled over and VIed, but it wont kill anyone when your brakes fail since they were never intended to stop your grossly oversized tires.
see now theres a DECENT answer from someone i dont even know...instead of being a jackass whos trying to look cool by bashing someone, hes providing a USEFULL post towards alternative ways to get something that i want...

its not like im running around aiming for people....allthough theres a few of you dumb pricks id sure like to rear end sometimes...
Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
if you get stuck intentionally screwing around, then whatever, you're goofing off and have a buddy there to get you out. it's when the guys who blow down the highway/ski hill roads/etc thinking they're hot stuff and then get stuck 2 feet off the road cause they had too much confidence in the 4WD with no weight over the rear end. I just laugh and wave and keep cruising along at a sane pace in my car or Jeep and go help out people who are only slightly stuck in the ditch because they weren't driving like maniacs.

yeah I had to drop my car to get my dick down to a manageable size for the ladies, they kept complaining it was too big and they felt kinda sore the next day. It also helps that now I have better suspension in it, I can dodge the jerkoffs in trucks riding a foot off my rear bumper a whole lot easier.

yeah people get VI's, yeah a lot of people flip their stuff back the way it was before the VI after they pass, but most VI's are for things that won't kill someone outside of the vehicle (think about it, some idiot blows a red, you t-bone them, and one of those spikes goes through someone head? yikes).

If you want an answer solely from an officer, why not PM one of the ones on here, or call up your local detachment?

Finally if you want some real easy, non-hazardous spikes on the front, go to a sports supply store or something and pick up some hard plastic pylons, cut the flat bases off, and paint em up. For added lol's get the softer style ones, though the paint would flake off easier.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #31

also, I believe skidmark has requested no swearing in the police forum, should be in the rules, just a heads up
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #32

Quote:
if you get stuck intentionally screwing around, then whatever, you're goofing off and have a buddy there to get you out. it's when the guys who blow down the highway/ski hill roads/etc thinking they're hot stuff and then get stuck 2 feet off the road cause they had too much confidence in the 4WD with no weight over the rear end. I just laugh and wave and keep cruising along at a sane pace in my car or Jeep and go help out people who are only slightly stuck in the ditch because they weren't driving like maniacs.

yeah I had to drop my car to get my dick down to a manageable size for the ladies, they kept complaining it was too big and they felt kinda sore the next day. It also helps that now I have better suspension in it, I can dodge the jerkoffs in trucks riding a foot off my rear bumper a whole lot easier.

yeah people get VI's, yeah a lot of people flip their stuff back the way it was before the VI after they pass, but most VI's are for things that won't kill someone outside of the vehicle (think about it, some idiot blows a red, you t-bone them, and one of those spikes goes through someone head? yikes).

If you want an answer solely from an officer, why not PM one of the ones on here, or call up your local detachment?

Finally if you want some real easy, non-hazardous spikes on the front, go to a sports supply store or something and pick up some hard plastic pylons, cut the flat bases off, and paint em up. For added lol's get the softer style ones, though the paint would flake off easier.
well you see...heres the thing...your thinking im some sort of white guy with a jacked up truck who drives a foot behind people....guess what...i dont...in fact, ive never even had a speeding ticket...ive actually never even been pulled over for doing anything wrong. so im not a idiot driver. i dont go bombing down roads when its snowing thinking im invincible...i go 4x4'ing in the sun/rain/snow/mud...i know better as to whats safe and whats flat out stupid.

im not trying to start an online argument here, i simply came for an answer, and the more i get jerked around while waiting for the answer, the more im going to jerk back and respond. want me to shut up, someone please answer me.

push comes to shove, i will have something aggressive on my front bumper, they may or may not be spikes, they may or may not be 3-4 inches long...who knows, maybe ill weld a hundred 1 inch studs everywhere and zapstrap a naked barbie doll being pimp slapped by one of my G.I JOE dolls to the bumper...
Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #33
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
i want an answer from one of the cops here, not some random.
You asked, I provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
Yes.

Under the Schedule for Section 7.09 MVAR

Quote:
No part of a vehicle may have a sharp or ragged edge which could injure persons or objects.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #34

No actually I don't, I was differentiating between you, and the stereotypical jackass who drives a truck like he owns the world. My only question now is, since, like you said, you seem to know what's safe, why would you consider putting dangerous spikes on the front of your truck? While it probably wouldn't be you causing the accident, you'd most likely be the one getting in crap if the spikes were to injure someone.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #35

well if its dull nubbins that are only 2-3 inches...i honestly dont consider that dangerous, but then again, nobodys ever on the same playing field as anyone else...you say tomato i say tomoto..
Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #36

well that's progressed quite a bit on the safety side from 8 inch spikes lol.

tomoto makes me think of a Toyota-built Super Motard :P
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #37
Certified Troll: Access Removed

you asked a retarded question to begin with, of course ur gonna get BS responses
impactY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #38

Quote:
well that's progressed quite a bit on the safety side from 8 inch spikes lol.

tomoto makes me think of a Toyota-built Super Motard :P
i never said 8 inch spikes hahaha i said about 6 or 8 3-4" spikes

as for impactY's responce....big deal if its a stupid question...and i dont care about the BS responces...all the little "your an idiot" remarks....totally makes me cry at night
Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #39
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Im very thankful for those guys in the there jacked up trucks with Winchs Big tires.. lift kits and spikes...

Last winter in one of the icy days i slid of Highway one, and into a snow bank,, and had to climb out my window to get out, then tried to dig my car out.. I was in my business clothes, it was a lost cause.. so guy in a jacked up YJ stopped and towed me out..

Thank random stranger.. good to know there are still nice people out there.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #40

the easiest way to get helped is you have a tow rope hooked up and ready. my friend slid off the road a little and got stuck, pulled out his tow rope and hooked it up to his Jeep and just held the other end of the rope in the air til a guy in a truck pulled up, backed up, my buddy gave him a thumbs up when the rope was on, popped him out, unhooked the random guy and he was on his way. The guy never even hung up haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
i never said 8 inch spikes hahaha i said about 6 or 8 3-4" spikes

as for impactY's responce....big deal if its a stupid question...and i dont care about the BS responces...all the little "your an idiot" remarks....totally makes me cry at night
my bad I read it backwards.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Under the Schedule for Section 7.09 MVAR
Quote:
No part of a vehicle may have a sharp or ragged edge which could injure persons or objects.
Where can I get licence plate screw caps. The screws have sharp edges.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #42

Those are inside the bumper and do not protrude into an area which could "injure persons or objects" if a vehicle strikes said persons or objects.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 10-18-2009, 10:11 PM   #43
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Those are inside the bumper and do not protrude into an area which could "injure persons or objects" if a vehicle strikes said persons or objects.
No, I'm pretty sure the heads of the screws are on the outside of the bumper.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #44

If the heads have edges that are able to injure someone, you should be a) tightening them down more, or b) change them.