REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Fear of birds?

Is anyone scared of birds?
I'm pretty sure I am, and not because of Avian flu, But i don't remember when it started, i remember going to granville island and chasing the birds away at the dock as a kid, and somewhere along the way I got really freaked out by them I guess. When I was in england in 2005 trafalgar square . . .

I don't mind domestic birds though, like pets, but yeah, yesterday I went to Pajo's in steveston and some kingfishers? and pigeons and seagulls flew over and I got hella freaked out, especially when a pigeon flew maybe 6" behind me, I had goosebumps all over.

And last night I had a nightmare where I was attacked by ducks

GRR how should I get over this fear? Maybe i should go work at a chicken farm or something

ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Eat more poultry? Seriously, I don't know. It's hard to get over phobias, if it is indeed one. I have a huge phobia of spiders and I have no inclination to want to get over it. The fact that you want to is a good step. I wish I had more to help you out, but I got nothing.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
birdman dad ?
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
watch this film
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birds_%28film%29
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

im scared of birds. mainly cuz i dont wanna get pooped on. whenever im in dt or near the beaches im always constantly looking up and trying to avoid walking under them.
chipmunk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
F**K YOUR HEAD

I just can't stand how they get so close, and they're fucken dirty and gross, at least the ones in downtown

Haha Eating poultry? I don't think I'm all that scared of farmed birds either, it's just the dirty ones ie. pigeons and crows that are all over the street, they aren't even scared of you either...

And I especially hate it when you're forced to corner a bird up against a building while you're walking and they fly away like a foot away from you
Old 09-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Certified Troll: Access Removed

I like brids.

Just run at them really fast. If they don't move, kick them. Either way you win.
BD2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

^ No.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #9

yes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
F**K YOUR HEAD

^nah, thats mean and what if they attack you like a crow? I've seen mean crows before, my friend threw a rock at one in his backyard, and the crow threw rocks at his car, I was like WTFBBQ!?!??!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
^nah, thats mean and what if they attack you like a crow? I've seen mean crows before, my friend threw a rock at one in his backyard, and the crow threw rocks at his car, I was like WTFBBQ!?!??!
Seriously?

I have NEVER seen a bird not run away when you run at it. I've never kicked one, never actually would, but I don't think I could if I tried to anyways.

As for getting over your fear, maybe try holding some tame birds, even if that is not really a problem for you.

I would say there is no need to be afraid of birds, but then for me there is really no reason to be afraid of spiders. lol