REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Ok seriously, vancouver drivers REALLY suck when the traffic light is broken (https://www.revscene.net/forums/590631-ok-seriously-vancouver-drivers-really-suck-when-traffic-light-broken.html)

E=mc˛ 09-26-2009 02:34 PM

Ok seriously, vancouver drivers REALLY suck when the traffic light is broken

Near SFU today there was a blackout or something (I think) and the traffic lights along Hastings near Duthie/Inlet were out. So it was supposed to be a four way stop.

What happens? I see a guy trying to turn left, but oncoming traffic didn't even stop at all. He had to wait for 5-6 cars in a row before finally the 7th car stopped.

You know what else is funny, it was ONLY the oncoming left lane that didnt' stop. The slow and curb lane stopped. I know it's very unfair to say this, but it just makes me think those people who didn't stop are examples of some idiots who think just because they are in the fast lane they can do w/e the hell they want and not pay attention. I bet they were thinking "haha suckers there's a jam up ahead but im in the left and passing you fools!", when in reality they are fucking idiots who are running a 4-way stop.

MR_BIGGS 09-26-2009 02:42 PM

They may be the idiots, but they are also in the majority..

I think a lot of people know that when lights don't work you are suppose to follow the stop sign rule, but they disobey because they don't care. I've been on a side street trying to turn left on Hastings and cars keep going. So the only way to get people to stop was to inch and inch forward, eventually they stop..People know the rules, but they don't care, that's the problem..

iambuRnz 09-26-2009 02:43 PM

ALWAYS a problem here. i highly doubt you could do anything about it though. just watch your own back its all i can say.

jdmhaze 09-26-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambuRnz (Post 6610028)
just watch your own back its all i can say.

http://17.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ko...ma4ho1_500.jpg

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-26-2009 02:59 PM

lol
:haha:

skyxx 09-26-2009 03:42 PM

Just follow the 4 way stop rule. etc etc. sigh...

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-26-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyxx (Post 6610068)
Just follow the 4 way stop rule. etc etc. sigh...

but the OP is complaining because no one follows that shit

mj.rx7 09-26-2009 06:27 PM

people here just don't know how to drive, I've heard storys about families moving here and then thinking they can drive just because one person in the family has a licence. Then theres the people that just pay off the driving school instructor to get there licence, heard that a couple of times, it's simply people don't know how to drive or don't care to know.

124Y 09-26-2009 06:47 PM

A few months ago this middle-aged Asian almost hit my car because he didn't stop @ an intersection when there was a black-out. IMO, I don't think he knows (which doesn't make it any better) about the 4-way thing when the traffic lights aren't working.

E=mc˛ 09-26-2009 10:10 PM

thats what pisses me off
dumb people who don't know the fuckin rules

I mean, when we have flashing reds on all 4 lights, the city actually BRINGS OUT stop signs and places them at the intersection. Seriously if people weren't dumb this wouldn't be necessary.

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-26-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj.rx7 (Post 6610249)
people here just don't know how to drive, I've heard storys about families moving here and then thinking they can drive just because one person in the family has a licence. Then theres the people that just pay off the driving school instructor to get there licence, heard that a couple of times, it's simply people don't know how to drive or don't care to know.

richmond:thumbsup:

StealthFighter 09-27-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E=mc˛ (Post 6610022)
Near SFU today there was a blackout or something (I think) and the traffic lights along Hastings near Duthie/Inlet were out. So it was supposed to be a four way stop.

What happens? I see a guy trying to turn left, but oncoming traffic didn't even stop at all. He had to wait for 5-6 cars in a row before finally the 7th car stopped.

You know what else is funny, it was ONLY the oncoming left lane that didnt' stop. The slow and curb lane stopped. I know it's very unfair to say this, but it just makes me think those people who didn't stop are examples of some idiots who think just because they are in the fast lane they can do w/e the hell they want and not pay attention. I bet they were thinking "haha suckers there's a jam up ahead but im in the left and passing you fools!", when in reality they are fucking idiots who are running a 4-way stop.

Hey, I was going up SFU along duthie and hastings too. I might have been there at the same time as you. Around 2:45? On the way down SFU, I decided to take Gaglardi because I didn't want to go through the hassle of sketchy people going through the 4 way stop.

StylinRed 09-27-2009 03:52 AM

yeah id hate to be in vancouver/richmond during a blackout

mj.rx7 09-27-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6610484)
richmond:thumbsup:

your very very right lol.

hk20000 09-27-2009 10:24 AM

Richmond is so safe now because the speed of traffic does not exceed that of a parking lot....the worst accident that can happen is a light tap.

MR_BIGGS 09-27-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthFighter (Post 6610664)
Hey, I was going up SFU along duthie and hastings too. I might have been there at the same time as you. Around 2:45? On the way down SFU, I decided to take Gaglardi because I didn't want to go through the hassle of sketchy people going through the 4 way stop.

Sketchy people..:haha:

I think most people know the rules, they just don't give a fuck to follow them...their mentality is why should i stop when every other car keeps on going through.

E=mc˛ 09-27-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthFighter (Post 6610664)

yep I was coming back around 2 and it was a gong show

ok not really a gong show but it did piss me off how dumb some people are.
Seriously fucking cops why can't there be someone there to ticket these idiots. They'd make a ton of money from the tickets.

fliptuner 10-02-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E=mc˛ (Post 6619085)

You hate people who don't have a clue? I hate people who don't give other drivers the benefit of the doubt.

What happened to you giving other people the benefit of the doubt?

jlenko 10-02-2009 09:43 PM

Ok seriously, vancouver drivers REALLY suck when the traffic light is working too...

illicitstylz 10-02-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hk20000 (Post 6610928)
Richmond is so safe now because the speed of traffic does not exceed that of a parking lot....the worst accident that can happen is a light tap.

lies.

i finished lunch and sushi california in lougheed today after classes at SFU.

in the parking lot waiting for a spot, i see a mustang behind a white 335i.

white 335i reverses, i can see that the car has Rear Parking Aid because of the little circles in the rear bumper, reverses, reverses, hits the mustang.

if the car didn't have rear parking aid it'd be a different story...

Maliuz 10-02-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6619317)
Ok seriously, vancouver drivers REALLY suck when the traffic light is working too...

+1

Doesn't matter if traffic lights don't work or is working at all. Vancouver drivers have the "I'm the f'ing king of the road" attitude.

E=mc˛ 10-04-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 6619313)
What happened to you giving other people the benefit of the doubt?

Have patience. that's what I mean by giving other drivers the benefit of the doubt. If someone isn't moving when they should be, analyze the situation first before laying the horn. Might be a pedestrian, might be a bird or cat or dog. You're farther back you can't see. In some cases it's the reverse, you're farther back so you CAN see, but they can't (ie. left turns). Also, don't be a little bitch whining about drivers stopping on the boundary rd on ramp when you know full well the ramp is not up to standards lengthwise compared to a regular on-ramp. Therefore, drivers don't like risking running out of room. You know the boundary ramp before this change was longer (but still short compared to other ramps), but it was actually possible to merge safely + you have the shoulder. Now they got rid of the shoulder and shortened the ramp even more. It's clearly a danger zone.

I don't mean thinking someone is doing nothing wrong when they blatantly break the law by running a stop sign or red light (which can also potentially cause harm to you and others).

lol please use some common sense instead of applying what i said to every situation.

Meowjin 10-04-2009 06:10 PM

holy shit how many times do you need to make a thread about the left lane. You arn't going to get the same reaction you did when you made the thread 3 fucking months ago.

E=mc˛ 10-04-2009 06:26 PM

^
this thread isn't about the left lane. And this thread was made on sept 26. It's not a new thread.
Seriously do you just jump into random threads and attack the OP while not contributing anything at all?
I can't count how many posts I've seen from you where you were being all e-thug and talked about beating the shit out of people (mostly it's towards someone who disagrees with your viewpoint).

TOS'd 10-04-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E=mc˛ (Post 6621328)
^
this thread isn't about the left lane.

i dunno about that..
Quote:

Originally Posted by E=mc˛ (Post 6610022)