REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #101
Banned (ABWS)

Advertisement

Last edited by jeff_alexander; 10-10-2009 at 06:07 PM.
jeff_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #102
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Lol, so much anger in this thread.
Welcome to Revscene.
Initial Kei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
your a fucking retard. I like the cls, and i don't care if it's taken to a track. My argument was with the 63 vs the 55 and that a majority of amg's never even see a track and its a luxury car therefore why the put the new engine in, instead of the twin turbo'd one. Better for a to b. maybe you should backtrack and read the whole thread.

LOL

IF YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT MERCEDES THEN DONT EVEN BOTHER FUCKING POSTING ABOUT A MERCEDES

YES TWIN TURBO YES

GTFO, dont pretend you know shit about mercedes

Fucking Poser

EDIT :

Quote:
Ignoring the bad english, are you telling me that out of the 15 thousand cls's sold in the USA last year, everyone took them to the track.

Also if you would like to make fun of my ESL please learn english your self first.

This test would be great for you:

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz115704d41148.html

Here is how you do it

This is another common mistake of apostrophe use. "You're" is a contraction for "you are". It is easy enough to decipher, again just insert "you are" into your sentence instead of "you're" or "your" and you will know the correct usage.

Examples of "Your"
It is time for your medicine.

(It is time for you are medicine doesn't make sense.)

We will go to your play after we eat.

(We will go to you are play does not make sense.)
Examples of "You're"
You're going to be the first in line.

(You are going to be the first in line.)

You're my best friend.

(You are my best friend.)

Last edited by Jeffield; 10-10-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Jeffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #104
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Actually my bro owns a cls and either way the an NA engine with a 7 speed gear box will always be better more pleasant to drive in the city than a supercharged engine from point a to b.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #105

Quote:
Actually my bro owns a cls and either way the an NA engine with a 7 speed gear box will always be better more pleasant to drive in the city than a supercharged engine from point a to b.

Quote:
Ignoring the bad english, are you telling me that out of the 15 thousand cls's sold in the USA last year, everyone took them to the track.

Again, you were making fun of people's english?

Jesus....

Last edited by Jeffield; 10-11-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #106
Banned By Establishment

ching chong ching
Old 10-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #107
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
SQUIRREL GOES WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #108
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

now i remember why i stopped posting in RS.
there is no twin turbo V8 AMG, the 55 is a supercharged V8. the NA 63 engine could definitely benefit from a TT or s/c kit though!
as for driving the car around town, despite the power my car is making, it still drives like a luxury car. very smooth going from a to b in the city, u wouldnt even know notice the power and tq it has until u hit the gas pedal hard. much more pleasant than the underpowered NA v8 despite its 7speed tranny.

oh btw thanks for the english lessons jeffield. i got a laugh out of that!

now lets get back on topic and away from this other mess. i went down to the seattle drags with some of the guys from Advance Motorsport and we just got back last night. the S55 was able to hit 12.015@117.53 mph with a 60' of 2.146 if he is able to get his car to hook up better he would be in the 11s! pretty impressive for such a big car.

i was able to get a decent launch on my car with a 60' time of 1.795 and i managed to run 11.344@124.80 mph. the next couple of runs were also in the 11.3s. i need to perfect my launch now and try and hit the 1.6s mark and get the car even faster. it would be nice to hit 10s one day.

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti

Last edited by JikJak; 10-14-2009 at 03:19 AM.
JikJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #109
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Kei View Post
Welcome to Revscene.
no need for a welcome I've been here for a while lol. I just find it amusing that people get worked up about the silliest things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 AM   #110
I don't get it

So back on topic of CLS 63 vs CLS 55.

I am not sure which one is more pleasant to drive.

However, after having the opportunity of driving Jik's car for quite a few times now, I think his car is quite pleasant to drive.

I had driven so many different varieties of cars, from super exotics to civics with swap.

JIk's car is easily one of the cars that I enjoyed driving. I don't care if it is at 1500 rpm or 2000 rpm in 4th gear. I give it 1/4 gas and that mofo goes like stink!

The car makes so much power, it is freaking unbelievable. It is so fast, and the fact that I don’t have to do anything is simply awesome!

You can do 11.3 sec in a talon where you will have to do all the shifting and all the buzz here and there. Or you can do 11.3 sec in the ¼ mile pimping your way through it rolling with one hand on the steering wheel and have a gangster lean in the seat position lol.

Again with the CLS 63, I am sure it is a superb car to drive and expect nothing less. But power delivery will be nothing like it.

I am almost………actually I am certain that the CLS 63 will never have the same low end grunt like Jik’s 55.

Those that have driven cars like his will know what i am talking about. If you haven't...then Jik's 55 is in a whole different ball game.

So to conclude this, Jik’s 55 for the win!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:34 AM   #111
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
the only twin turbo production amg that i ever heard of was the SL65 AMG. i think that thing pulled out 700+hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JikJak View Post
now i remember why i stopped posting in RS.
there is now twin turbo AMG, the 55 is a supercharged V8. the NA 63 engine could definitely benefit from a TT or s/c kit though!
as for driving the car around town, despite the power my car is making, it still drives like a luxury car. very smooth going from a to b in the city, u wouldnt even know notice the power and tq it has until u hit the gas pedal hard. much more pleasant than the underpowered NA v8 despite its 7speed tranny.

oh btw thanks for the english lessons jeffield. i got a laugh out of that!

now lets get back on topic and away from this other mess. i went down to the seattle drags with some of the guys from Advance Motorsport and we just got back last night. the S55 was able to hit 12.015@117.53 mph with a 60' of 2.146 if he is able to get his car to hook up better he would be in the 11s! pretty impressive for such a big car.

i was able to get a decent launch on my car with a 60' time of 1.795 and i managed to run 11.344@124.80 mph. the next couple of runs were also in the 11.3s. i need to perfect my launch now and try and hit the 1.6s mark and get the car even faster. it would be nice to hit 10s one day.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:38 AM   #112
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

got to sit passenger in a 63 today.

was a bit like "wait for it wait for it wait for it... ahh there we go, there's the torque!" its fast, but butt dyno didnt feel anything til it was way into 4000+ rpm

nothing gives u that butt dyno feel like a blower.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:19 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
the only twin turbo production amg that i ever heard of was the SL65 AMG. i think that thing pulled out 700+hp
my bad, i left out V8.

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti
Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 AM   #114
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

there you go! go turblow! hahaha!

Quote:
my bad, i left out V8.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-14-2009, 06:05 AM   #115
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Kei View Post
So back on topic of CLS 63 vs CLS 55.

I am not sure which one is more pleasant to drive.

However, after having the opportunity of driving Jik's car for quite a few times now, I think his car is quite pleasant to drive.

I had driven so many different varieties of cars, from super exotics to civics with swap.

JIk's car is easily one of the cars that I enjoyed driving. I don't care if it is at 1500 rpm or 2000 rpm in 4th gear. I give it 1/4 gas and that mofo goes like stink!

The car makes so much power, it is freaking unbelievable. It is so fast, and the fact that I don’t have to do anything is simply awesome!

You can do 11.3 sec in a talon where you will have to do all the shifting and all the buzz here and there. Or you can do 11.3 sec in the ¼ mile pimping your way through it rolling with one hand on the steering wheel and have a gangster lean in the seat position lol.

Again with the CLS 63, I am sure it is a superb car to drive and expect nothing less. But power delivery will be nothing like it.

I am almost………actually I am certain that the CLS 63 will never have the same low end grunt like Jik’s 55.

Those that have driven cars like his will know what i am talking about. If you haven't...then Jik's 55 is in a whole different ball game.

So to conclude this, Jik’s 55 for the win!
There is no doubt that the CLS 55 is a refined vehicle with awesome FI power...no one is going to argue with you on that. I agree with your pts, always enjoyable to drive a car with a ton of torque.

If your goal is to take your car to the drag strip, the 55 is a better car than the 63. However, saying the 55 is a better overall vehicle than the 63 is not accurate. Sure you can get more power out of the 55, but the 63 handles better (updated susp), has a revised steering rack, and last but not least, the 7 speed clutched tranny. If you want a comfortable daily driver which you could take to track days, the 63 is the better car.....both great cars, but you can't beat technology......
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
S65, CL65, CL600, S600, SL600

All offer TwinTurbo as well
Old 10-14-2009, 07:24 AM   #117

sorry your wrong
MCT wet clutch is only available in the second gen SL63 and new W212 E63
everything else is standard torque converter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
There is no doubt that the CLS 55 is a refined vehicle with awesome FI power...no one is going to argue with you on that. I agree with your pts, always enjoyable to drive a car with a ton of torque.

If your goal is to take your car to the drag strip, the 55 is a better car than the 63. However, saying the 55 is a better overall vehicle than the 63 is not accurate. Sure you can get more power out of the 55, but the 63 handles better (updated susp), has a revised steering rack, and last but not least, the 7 speed clutched tranny. If you want a comfortable daily driver which you could take to track days, the 63 is the better car.....both great cars, but you can't beat technology......
Iron Chef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #118

For all out performance the 55 is the king hands down... but if you factor in other variables like driveability, fuel consumption, reliablility, cost of ownership, handling then the 63 wins hands down.

the 7 speed is a superior tranny in all aspects like shift quality, gear spacing, and performance. it just can't handle the torque that the 55 can produce.

ideally the ideal setup would be the 63 chassis and tranny with a 55 motor just on the sole basis for elimination of SBC.

the 63 motor is perfectly suited for the C class but feels alright in the bigger car's, they still haul ass but its just not the same feeling.

PS the 55 motor is based off a 10 year old designs so its technology is old school compared to the 63, but its pretty much bullet proof
Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #119

how does jikjaks seman taste in your mouth.
gtfo you geek unless you have something usefull to contribute to this thread other then riding his dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffield View Post
So? What is your point, so if someone bought a powerful car and would like to mod it and have fun with it you have to flame him?

Fuck, then someone is going to buy a lamborghini and drag it, this fucking talon beats him and you will give him shit?

ITS a fucking choice and its for fun, hell this is just for fun its not even for real

If JikJak was doing this for real and want to make a drag car, he will do it... but if he just wants to play with his CLS let him be.

Also the drag strip is just for fun, just let him do whatever he wants.

If you got a fucking problem with it, why dont you go build a fucking car to go drag and beat him.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
how does jikjaks seman taste in your mouth.
gtfo you geek unless you have something usefull to contribute to this thread other then riding his dick
LOL, what is wrong about agreeing to someone

He is a buddy and his car is absolutely amazing.

Just shut the fuck up.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #121
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post

Well everyone can have their own preference and opinion so I am not arguing.

Fact of the matter is the CLS 63 is indeed a car with newer technologies. As you mentioned, though I didn’t know the updates to the revised suspension or steering, should improved the handling of the new CLS.

Despite the new updates this car isn’t going to handle like a sports car simply because its task is not set out to do so. Rather, this is a car set out to be comfortable, arrived in style, and run against some high power sports car on the highway/drag strip.

I am sure the improvement on the handling is noticeable, but it is not enough to compensate or replace the feeling of having raw power.

Maybe you can turn into a coner just a tad faster in the 63, but the feeling of reward making that perfect apex is not even CLOSE of say…..80-240 in three blinks of an eye. Though I can’t say I have done it but I can say with some certainly that it most likely can.

Jik’s 55 in terms of straight line all out run, is easily comparable to most of the exotics out there. This car is meant to go in a straight line. The CLS was never meant to make a perfect apex.

This is the sole reason why I concluded Jik’s 55 is a better car over all. The 55 might sacrifice the driving improvement or even the fuel economy, but blowing the doors off a F430 on the hwy is far more rewarding better than trying to keep up in the turns.

Well at least if he was behind the wheels, it can't be done. But if it was me behind the wheel, we might have a chance, right Jik? LOL LOL
Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #122

wow so much hostility on the boards. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

after having driven both cls55 and the 63 i dont find much difference in handling. i think the major advantage of the 63 would be its lower tq numbers which would make it easier to keep the car more balanced. if i thought the cls63 was a better overall car i would have traded the 55 in for one. i did enjoy the higher rev limit and longer legs on the 63 but other than that i wasnt happy with it.

as for reliability, that has yet to be determined. both engines are solid. the chassis, fuel consumption and cost of ownership is about the same in both cars. the 7speed is nice and would be awesome to have in the 55, too bad its not strong enough to handle the torque. this car needs torque to get moving since it is quite heavy and its nice that the 55 makes a lot of it. especially after modding.

in the end this car will never be a track car, its just too big and heavy, it sure does well in the drags though. if u want an AMG for track days then u gotta go with the C63.

Jeffield i expect to see u in the 11s next drag season! too bad u didnt make it to the seattle drag day. i think u would have been able to beat that MHP modded C63!

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti
Old 10-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #123
Banned By Establishment

:
Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #124

Quote:
wow so much hostility on the boards. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

after having driven both cls55 and the 63 i dont find much difference in handling. i think the major advantage of the 63 would be its lower tq numbers which would make it easier to keep the car more balanced. if i thought the cls63 was a better overall car i would have traded the 55 in for one. i did enjoy the higher rev limit and longer legs on the 63 but other than that i wasnt happy with it.

as for reliability, that has yet to be determined. both engines are solid. the chassis, fuel consumption and cost of ownership is about the same in both cars. the 7speed is nice and would be awesome to have in the 55, too bad its not strong enough to handle the torque. this car needs torque to get moving since it is quite heavy and its nice that the 55 makes a lot of it. especially after modding.

in the end this car will never be a track car, its just too big and heavy, it sure does well in the drags though. if u want an AMG for track days then u gotta go with the C63.

Jeffield i expect to see u in the 11s next drag season! too bad u didnt make it to the seattle drag day. i think u would have been able to beat that MHP modded C63!

I am expecting 11's actually high 11's tho
hmm, what did the MHP C63 run?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #125

12.7 he never got a good launch though

past:
98 eclipse spyder
00 s4
02 m3 cab
03 749
04 sti