REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Acne, freakin hell this sucks shit.

Freaking hell, the topic. I'm nowhere near as bad as some people I know, but I'm getting the odd breakout or two and it's pissing me off.

I liked using Cetaphil cause it was cheap and not harsh on my skin, but I didn't really know what toner or lotion to use alongside it.

Proactiv worked for me, really well in fact that I'm trying to find a cheap set locally but some asshole posted his set on the Misc. section of the buy/sell, and for $15 only, and it sold before I thought about looking in that section... dammit. Somehow I still find it hard to justify $70 on 3 months or more of acne-free skin (it took me 3 or so months to finish one of the one-month kits I got for free from an uncle, lol, and had perfect skin for a while).

It doesn't help that I have oily skin.

So my question is, to anyone who used Proactiv before, what else worked really well for you? And anyone know people who can hook me up with Proactiv? XD

Old 09-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

stop eating "yeet hay" foods?

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

That doesn't help. I either spend $70 on Proactiv over 3 months and add a few minutes to my daily routine, or pay $50 extra a month minimum on food and spend extra time cooking food only for me.

Changing up my diet really didn't help the first time I tried it, either =/
Old 09-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
sign up for an appointment with your family doctor or something, first stage they'll prescribe to you a topical acne therapy cream, one that has antibiotics which you won't have to orally consume - it works really really well if you've never tried it

otherwise, after a week or two you're acne doesn't clear up, go see your physician about referring you to a dermatologist or something

and if you have consistently oily skin, invest in a face scrub / exfoliant for daily use - keeps you're skin relatively oil free as long as you use it daily, plus helps rejuv your skin from all the acne
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

ya just get your dr to refer you to a dermatologist. Having a doctor tell you which works for your skin is better than asking people for products that 'work like pro-active'.
Moratorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Check out Acne.org. I don't have acne but I use their products and do wonders for my skin.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I almost never get zits any more, after cutting out starches, grains, and sugar from my diet, and replacing them with good fat (coconut oil, lard, etc). Also, I have lost about 10 lbs of fat, and I rarely ever fart anymore either

There is no reason to eat this stuff other than pleasure, so you should at least try removing them from your diet. You will be amazed at how better you feel all day, and your body will be at its best.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #8
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Some people will have acne prone skin for their entire life no matter what they do. It's something you have to adjust and live with.

I remember when I was 15 my doctor gave me some acne pills that came in a booklet. It was like a 90 day cycle but I only used them for a month because they had major side effects so my suggestion to the OP is to be very careful about taking any sort of medication for your problem. If you do, make sure you know what the side effects are.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Yesterday I just picked up some proactiv ointment + refining mask (came to approx $50), and its already helping after using it once. I only use it for spot treatment, so hopefully it'll last for quite some time.
bsftong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #10
Banned (BBM)

i use to use proactive, but i use clearasil pads now 10$ for 1 1/2 month
kangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
Banned (BBM)

eat KFC everyday, gurantee u will have baby skin
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #12
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Proactiv = benzoyl peroxide which you can get at acne.org. See your doctor even if it's not bad - you're better off containing it now than trying random things and making it worse.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

How about you stop being fucking cheap and buy it in the store?

Just a thought.
LeanNsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #14
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangel View Post
i use to use proactive, but i use clearasil pads now 10$ for 1 1/2 month
+1
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
LOL the google ad works wonder
it's on the bottom right of your OP ..check that out?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
VLS Head Mod

I had never really had ance, just one or two every few months if that.. then I started breaking out for a bit there, nothing had changed in my skincare routine or for eating habits I started eating more healthier and quitting smoking, I started using the pink grapefruit cleanser from neutrogena and it's much better.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
Need my Daily Fix of RS

use proactive it does work!
n1smo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #18
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

i've tried a lot of stuff.. even going to the dermo. once my prescription meds run out, i'd be f'd. i'd have to wait for another referral, which could take weeks.

bottom line? benzoyl peroxide is king. i use the 10% J&J cleanser and scrub like a motherf. my skin's dry afterwards, but i don't care because i don't get too many pimples anymore. (and i eat EVERYTHING now.. nothing's off limits)

note - benzoyl peroxide is really strong. it'll make your skin itchy, red, and dry. when you start using it, you'll most likely get more pimples to start.

everybody's got their own methods, but read up on acne.org - the "regimen" seems to work for a lot of people.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo View Post
use proactive it does work!
it works alrit

works on some ppl , yet some ppl tried it and it doesnt do jack
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #20
Banned (BBM)

I stopped drinking alcohol. It helped alot. I also bought a juicer and started juicing organic carrots and apples everyday. To clean face I use a $3.00 face scrub called St Ives apricot scrub for black heads. I tried proactive but it didnt work. Watch what you put into your body, it will show on your face sooner or later.
chileanwinehous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by min.tee View Post
Freaking hell, the topic. I'm nowhere near as bad as some people I know, but I'm getting the odd breakout or two and it's pissing me off.

I liked using Cetaphil cause it was cheap and not harsh on my skin, but I didn't really know what toner or lotion to use alongside it.

Proactiv worked for me, really well in fact that I'm trying to find a cheap set locally but some asshole posted his set on the Misc. section of the buy/sell, and for $15 only, and it sold before I thought about looking in that section... dammit. Somehow I still find it hard to justify $70 on 3 months or more of acne-free skin (it took me 3 or so months to finish one of the one-month kits I got for free from an uncle, lol, and had perfect skin for a while).

It doesn't help that I have oily skin.

So my question is, to anyone who used Proactiv before, what else worked really well for you? And anyone know people who can hook me up with Proactiv? XD

Honestly i dont recommend "trying random ones"... Because some creams arent going to be for you and you will break out like Crrrazzy

Myself iv been using proactive it really keeps my acne down.. Over christmas my brothers gf gave me a bundle of stuff from the body shop (Tea tree oil or some crap like that)
My FGOD lol.. u should have seen my face.. super red and break out all over... used it for like half a week.. took a good month to calm back down to normal...
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

How severe is your acne exactly?
I had major break out when I was younger and used Proactiv, it worked wonders. But yes, you're right, it's a shitlaod of money to spend on facewash. Eventually, I just stopped using it. If you have bad acne, I've been told Proactiv is your best bet, as pricey as it is.

I was using Neutrogena Stress Control and have now switched to Aveeno Clear Complexion. If you look at the ingredients in all these different brands, it all comes down to essentially the exact same ones.
LemonH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #23
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
this reminds me of that vid in another thread..
"some peopel say i eat too many cho-co-lat bars..."

anyway, i dont get acne nowadays but i used to when i was in my teens.
i found those clearisel pads and such made it worse
good cleanser for oily skin was the best way to go for me, but not everyones acne situation is the same so what works for one person may not work for the next
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #24
I subscribe to Revscene

after years of frustration.. here is my solution to ACNE... there are these pills you can buy called "Perfect Skin" http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=2891 ive been taking these for over a year now.. and ive had maybe only 4-5 whiteheads in that amount of time!! this stuff works sooo well.. only need 1-2 pills a day, and make sure you drink lots of water each day to flush your system of toxins.
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

sauna? try sweating it out then a thorough wash
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote