REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Acne, freakin hell this sucks shit. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/590921-acne-freakin-hell-sucks-shit.html)

yuusha 09-28-2009 11:10 PM

Acne, freakin hell this sucks shit.

Freaking hell, the topic. I'm nowhere near as bad as some people I know, but I'm getting the odd breakout or two and it's pissing me off.

I liked using Cetaphil cause it was cheap and not harsh on my skin, but I didn't really know what toner or lotion to use alongside it.

Proactiv worked for me, really well in fact that I'm trying to find a cheap set locally but some asshole posted his set on the Misc. section of the buy/sell, and for $15 only, and it sold before I thought about looking in that section... dammit. Somehow I still find it hard to justify $70 on 3 months or more of acne-free skin (it took me 3 or so months to finish one of the one-month kits I got for free from an uncle, lol, and had perfect skin for a while).

It doesn't help that I have oily skin.

So my question is, to anyone who used Proactiv before, what else worked really well for you? And anyone know people who can hook me up with Proactiv? XD

jimzilla 09-28-2009 11:46 PM

stop eating "yeet hay" foods?

yuusha 09-29-2009 12:39 AM

That doesn't help. I either spend $70 on Proactiv over 3 months and add a few minutes to my daily routine, or pay $50 extra a month minimum on food and spend extra time cooking food only for me.

Changing up my diet really didn't help the first time I tried it, either =/

ShanghaiKid 09-29-2009 02:14 AM

sign up for an appointment with your family doctor or something, first stage they'll prescribe to you a topical acne therapy cream, one that has antibiotics which you won't have to orally consume - it works really really well if you've never tried it

otherwise, after a week or two you're acne doesn't clear up, go see your physician about referring you to a dermatologist or something

and if you have consistently oily skin, invest in a face scrub / exfoliant for daily use - keeps you're skin relatively oil free as long as you use it daily, plus helps rejuv your skin from all the acne

Moratorium 09-29-2009 02:38 AM

ya just get your dr to refer you to a dermatologist. Having a doctor tell you which works for your skin is better than asking people for products that 'work like pro-active'.

Harvey Specter 09-29-2009 03:34 AM

Check out Acne.org. I don't have acne but I use their products and do wonders for my skin.

SkinnyPupp 09-29-2009 03:52 AM

I almost never get zits any more, after cutting out starches, grains, and sugar from my diet, and replacing them with good fat (coconut oil, lard, etc). Also, I have lost about 10 lbs of fat, and I rarely ever fart anymore either ;)

There is no reason to eat this stuff other than pleasure, so you should at least try removing them from your diet. You will be amazed at how better you feel all day, and your body will be at its best.

Harvey Specter 09-29-2009 04:25 AM

Some people will have acne prone skin for their entire life no matter what they do. It's something you have to adjust and live with.

I remember when I was 15 my doctor gave me some acne pills that came in a booklet. It was like a 90 day cycle but I only used them for a month because they had major side effects so my suggestion to the OP is to be very careful about taking any sort of medication for your problem. If you do, make sure you know what the side effects are.

bsftong 09-29-2009 07:13 AM

Yesterday I just picked up some proactiv ointment + refining mask (came to approx $50), and its already helping after using it once. I only use it for spot treatment, so hopefully it'll last for quite some time.

kangel 09-29-2009 11:04 PM

i use to use proactive, but i use clearasil pads now 10$ for 1 1/2 month

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-30-2009 09:22 AM

eat KFC everyday, gurantee u will have baby skin

d1 09-30-2009 11:53 AM

Proactiv = benzoyl peroxide which you can get at acne.org. See your doctor even if it's not bad - you're better off containing it now than trying random things and making it worse.

LeanNsupreme 09-30-2009 12:13 PM

How about you stop being fucking cheap and buy it in the store?

Just a thought.:)

ra1nn 09-30-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangel (Post 6614807)
i use to use proactive, but i use clearasil pads now 10$ for 1 1/2 month

+1

twitchyzero 10-01-2009 09:42 AM

LOL the google ad works wonder
it's on the bottom right of your OP ..check that out?

saucywoman 10-01-2009 06:51 PM

I had never really had ance, just one or two every few months if that.. then I started breaking out for a bit there, nothing had changed in my skincare routine or for eating habits I started eating more healthier and quitting smoking, I started using the pink grapefruit cleanser from neutrogena and it's much better.

n1smo 10-01-2009 06:54 PM

use proactive it does work!

jnesss 10-01-2009 08:08 PM

i've tried a lot of stuff.. even going to the dermo. once my prescription meds run out, i'd be f'd. i'd have to wait for another referral, which could take weeks.

bottom line? benzoyl peroxide is king. i use the 10% J&J cleanser and scrub like a motherf. my skin's dry afterwards, but i don't care because i don't get too many pimples anymore. (and i eat EVERYTHING now.. nothing's off limits)

note - benzoyl peroxide is really strong. it'll make your skin itchy, red, and dry. when you start using it, you'll most likely get more pimples to start.

everybody's got their own methods, but read up on acne.org - the "regimen" seems to work for a lot of people.

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-01-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1smo (Post 6617734)
use proactive it does work!

it works alrit

works on some ppl , yet some ppl tried it and it doesnt do jack

chileanwinehous 10-03-2009 11:06 PM

I stopped drinking alcohol. It helped alot. I also bought a juicer and started juicing organic carrots and apples everyday. To clean face I use a $3.00 face scrub called St Ives apricot scrub for black heads. I tried proactive but it didnt work. Watch what you put into your body, it will show on your face sooner or later.

MelonBoy 10-04-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6613209)
Freaking hell, the topic. I'm nowhere near as bad as some people I know, but I'm getting the odd breakout or two and it's pissing me off.

I liked using Cetaphil cause it was cheap and not harsh on my skin, but I didn't really know what toner or lotion to use alongside it.

Proactiv worked for me, really well in fact that I'm trying to find a cheap set locally but some asshole posted his set on the Misc. section of the buy/sell, and for $15 only, and it sold before I thought about looking in that section... dammit. Somehow I still find it hard to justify $70 on 3 months or more of acne-free skin (it took me 3 or so months to finish one of the one-month kits I got for free from an uncle, lol, and had perfect skin for a while).

It doesn't help that I have oily skin.

So my question is, to anyone who used Proactiv before, what else worked really well for you? And anyone know people who can hook me up with Proactiv? XD

Honestly i dont recommend "trying random ones"... Because some creams arent going to be for you and you will break out like Crrrazzy

Myself iv been using proactive it really keeps my acne down.. Over christmas my brothers gf gave me a bundle of stuff from the body shop (Tea tree oil or some crap like that)
My FGOD lol.. u should have seen my face.. super red and break out all over... used it for like half a week.. took a good month to calm back down to normal...

LemonH2O 10-04-2009 10:37 AM

How severe is your acne exactly?
I had major break out when I was younger and used Proactiv, it worked wonders. But yes, you're right, it's a shitlaod of money to spend on facewash. Eventually, I just stopped using it. If you have bad acne, I've been told Proactiv is your best bet, as pricey as it is.

I was using Neutrogena Stress Control and have now switched to Aveeno Clear Complexion. If you look at the ingredients in all these different brands, it all comes down to essentially the exact same ones.

unit 10-05-2009 08:48 AM

this reminds me of that vid in another thread..
"some peopel say i eat too many cho-co-lat bars..."

anyway, i dont get acne nowadays but i used to when i was in my teens.
i found those clearisel pads and such made it worse
good cleanser for oily skin was the best way to go for me, but not everyones acne situation is the same so what works for one person may not work for the next

DC5-S 10-07-2009 10:16 AM

after years of frustration.. here is my solution to ACNE... there are these pills you can buy called "Perfect Skin" http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=2891 ive been taking these for over a year now.. and ive had maybe only 4-5 whiteheads in that amount of time!! this stuff works sooo well.. only need 1-2 pills a day, and make sure you drink lots of water each day to flush your system of toxins.

liu13 10-07-2009 11:38 AM

sauna? try sweating it out then a thorough wash