REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #1

Best Honda and Acura dealership for servicing

Ok, so to start, I just want to say Richmond Honda sucks for warranty servicing.

Now that I hav made that clear, what do you guys think is the best Honda dealer for servicing and the best Acura dealer for servicing?

My retarded 2008 Honda Accord has had squealing brakes ever since I drove it off the lot less than a year ago and I have brought the brakes in on 3 separate occasions only to have them come back and say THEY CAN'T HEAR THE SQUEALING. And yet everytime I sit in the car I have to endure the damn noise. I really can't take it anymore. We just did B1 at Richmond Honda for ($200+ (#)*$#)(%&#*)$@)(#*@>..) and the service guy told us there is only 50% left on the rear brakes and 80% on the front brakes...

Ok so long story short I want that crap fixed and obv Richmond Honda would not do it for me.

Any suggestions on where to go?
Also recommend a place for Acura too since I also own an Acura CSX so just for future reference

Thanks.
Advertisement
yiujun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Acura - Burrard and North Shore seem to be the best...I've only been to Burrard and their attitude is alright. Although they claim they couldn't replicate 2nd gear grind and some rattles...

Honda - I THINK Carter and Vancouver Honda are the best?
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Carter honda is the best for both Honda and Acura. Carter Honda takes most of burrard acuras customers since they've had some what of a bad reputation.

However, Burrard Acura is under new management so it could be a totally different experience now.
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

There are currently no recalls regarding your rear braking system but if your car is showing extremely premature wear on the rear rotors and pads, you can probably get the calipers replaced under warranty.
BoS_DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,170 Posts
I bring both my cars (2006 Odyssey and 2008 CSX) to Vancouver Honda - they're quite nice about service, even offer a shuttle/courtesy car when requested. They've been quite attentive with our complaints on the Odyssey (malfunctioning middle-row folding mechanism, rattles, radio issues) and on our previous Civic.

Their prices are cheaper than Burrard Acura (esp. labor), and the parts are the exact same, heheh. Used to be owned by the same people at Burrard, but now Burrard is sold. And Burrard service is not as nice.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
I bringith the lowerballerith

richmond acura is the shitiest service i have ever had

burrard acura was great

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I've had nothing but good expeirences with Westwood Honda, as well as Lougheed Acura.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I go to lougheed Acura for warranty work and parts. Come to think about it I've never had bad service at any stealership. As for the rears pads wearing out faster than the fronts, that's normal.
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
I am Hook'd on RS

i go to Lougheed Acura everytime. really nice and good sevice.
expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Seriously. If you have a garage, spend some money on some tools and try your hand at doing these things yourself. There's plenty of online guides and books. You'll find that doing things such as changing brake pads are quite do-able on your own.

Take your car to the dealership when you have more complex problems, such as a clutch change.

But there's no excuse to learn how to do an oil change, transmission drain/refill, tire rotation, brake fluid flush, spark plug change on your own.

You can buy all the basic tools from Canadian Tire. All you need is the motivation to learn and the willingness to get your hands a little dirty and you can save TONS of money.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Carter Honda is good. My buddy tells me North Shore Acura is good too.
Brought my car in for a winter service at Vancouver Honda. They told me my water pump was leaking and wanted big bucks to change it along with the timing belt. I looked it over and monitored things for a month. Everything was dry in the water pump area. I wasn't having any loss of coolant at all. There was nothing wrong with my water pump.
nonyo is offline   Reply With Quote