REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Buying U.S. Car Within Canada, Process?

////ange at all?
Advertisement

Last edited by -vancityguy-; 08-02-2017 at 11:44 PM.
-vancityguy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
regulator

thats gonna make shit complicated, you have to export the car first, but the title will still be in his name
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Have the guy do the export paperwork and pay the cdn taxes, etc... Otherwise, it's pointless for him to drive it cuz you gotta bring it back to the US to export it
Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
You'll have to send it back to the States 'til the export is done correctly.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
racing & tech mod.

Uh it doesn't actually matter where the car is physically parked for the 3 business days that are required to pass between when you fax US customs the export paperwork, and when they actually stamp the papers. I believe the US customs will need to sight the car when they put the 'export' stamp on the car's us title, and Canada customs will want to sight it when they charge you taxes on it.

You could buy the car now, with it sitting in your driveway already, fax US customs the paperwork, 3-4 days later, drive down to the border with the car, get the title stamped 'exported' and then come back to the Canada side and pay the taxes. The US guard might ask WTF why is the car on the canada side if you are exporting it from the us - just explain what happend and they should let you carry on.

The thing is technically I think it's illegal for the owner to bring the car across, and leave it here.

Also, remember that to legally drive the car, you need VALID and CURRENT insurance AND registration. If the car has expired US plates, you cannot drive it ANYWHERE, even if you buy ICBC insurance binder for it. You'd need a temporary operating registration from WA state, and ICBC binder insurance.

PS - DO NOT try to take any shortcuts or cheat the system. You will be fucked for life if you do and you get caught.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
I'd take ^^^^^^ advice before mine.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
Uh it doesn't actually matter where the car is physically parked for the 3 business days that are required to pass between when you fax US customs the export paperwork, and when they actually stamp the papers. I believe the US customs will need to sight the car when they put the 'export' stamp on the car's us title, and Canada customs will want to sight it when they charge you taxes on it.

You could buy the car now, with it sitting in your driveway already, fax US customs the paperwork, 3-4 days later, drive down to the border with the car, get the title stamped 'exported' and then come back to the Canada side and pay the taxes. The US guard might ask WTF why is the car on the canada side if you are exporting it from the us - just explain what happend and they should let you carry on.

The thing is technically I think it's illegal for the owner to bring the car across, and leave it here.

Also, remember that to legally drive the car, you need VALID and CURRENT insurance AND registration. If the car has expired US plates, you cannot drive it ANYWHERE, even if you buy ICBC insurance binder for it. You'd need a temporary operating registration from WA state, and ICBC binder insurance.

PS - DO NOT try to take any shortcuts or cheat the system. You will be fucked for life if you do and you get caught.
thank you for all the info
Old 10-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #8

/////

Last edited by -vancityguy-; 08-02-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
racing & tech mod.

just remember you need to fax US customs the export paperwork 3 full business days before you attempt to get them to stamp 'exported' on the title, which you will need to have done before you go to canada customs in order to pay the import taxes/duties on it. Call US customs to make sure the paperwork has cleared on the car, before you head down to get the title stamped.

there is at least 1 sticky on this on this forums, and several other threads. 'lowside67' and myself have posted walk-thru's.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
just remember you need to fax US customs the export paperwork 3 full business days before you attempt to get them to stamp 'exported' on the title, which you will need to have done before you go to canada customs in order to pay the import taxes/duties on it. Call US customs to make sure the paperwork has cleared on the car, before you head down to get the title stamped.

there is at least 1 sticky on this on this forums, and several other threads. 'lowside67' and myself have posted walk-thru's.
thanks. im passing on the u.s. car. it really is a killer deal but once gst/pst are tacked on its brutal. one tax is still okay, but two taxes just rapes you.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

go park it in the Public Storage facility in Bellingham for $1 for the first month (seriously... thats how much I paid).

And import it the proper way.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote