REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Random Acts of Kindness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592279-random-acts-kindness.html)

CivicTypeRice 10-11-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 6630753)
extra 20 points for you ^

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmk (Post 6630761)
are u the type who likes to fuck fat girls though? if you aren't...then props to u :)

if you like fat girls, then stop bragging :haha:

Wheres my thanks? :)

J-Chow 10-11-2009 05:53 PM

This occurred probably about 2-3 years ago, in front of Westminster / No 3 road.

I was trying to make a right turn onto No 3 road at the exit of that "London Optical Eyecare, my cousin works there" and while waiting, an old asian man (probably in his late 70's or 80's) was walking on the sidewalk across the exit and in front of my car.

As he was walking by, he "literally" collapsed right in front of my vehicle. I got out and ran up to him to see if he was alright. The old man was semi sitting and I kneeled down beside him and tried communicating in Cantonese. That didn't work too well, cause he replied back in Mandarin, in which I have 0 experience in. lol.

Other bystanders came by to assist, and one of them was a chinese lady (manager of the seafood restaurant above that London Eyecare store), who spoke mandarin. Thankfully she asked him what happened and he stated that he wore too much clothing that day, didn't drink enough fluids and he was experiencing what I'm assuming was "heat exhaustion" ?

She tells me the story and we proceed to ask him where he lives. He claims he lives about 1-2 blocks away, near Richmond Public Market. So we ask if he wants to go home and I offer to drive him back. But now the problem is that he can't even get up, so we had to carry him into my car. I asked the lady if she had time, since I could not communicate with the old man, so she tagged along. We drove the old man back home, which was at an apartment near Pizza hut and the Public market.

Again, we carried him up to his apartment unit, knocked on the door and I guess his wife was there. She was quite shocked and surprised at what happened, and from there she thanked the both of us, and we went back to our daily routine.

A week later, I visit my cousin at the eye glasses store and he hands me a gift. I asked him what it was, and he said it was from the old man and his wife. ;)

Pocakj 10-11-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicTypeRice (Post 6630739)
I fucked the fat girl on Friday.

Ruined the chain of good posts =\

Pocakj 10-11-2009 06:11 PM

On No. 3 road and Westminster a year or two ago I was walking home from the Alleluia restaurant just half a block away. While passing by the corner intersection I saw that an old British man had fallen over and broken the bridge of his nose. There was another philipino lady helping her out, but she was telling her to bend his neck back to stop the nose bleed - which is wrong!

Anyhow I immediately went to help because I myself have a history of unending nosebleeds. I called the paramedics and asked if he had any family I could contact. Sort-of helping him stop the bleeding the paramedics came and took off with him.

Unfortunately he was like 80% blind, and needed a cane, and he had no family here because they had left. I felt a mixture of good and bad, but I did what I could to help him.

CivicTypeRice 10-11-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocakj (Post 6630931)
Ruined the chain of good posts =\

Hey, I did a good deed, so screw you!

Pocakj 10-11-2009 06:14 PM

haha i guessss

azzurro32 10-11-2009 06:27 PM

I let people merge

yameen 10-11-2009 07:19 PM

I've never given money to a hobo ever since I was in gr.8, when I gave some guy $5 in front of london drugs only to see him buying cigarettes when I walked out. In grade 8, $5 was also quite a lot but I felt generous.

I've been volunteering for 5 yrs at a childrens hospice (~250hours).

TOS'd 10-11-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicTypeRice (Post 6630947)
Hey, I did a good deed, so screw you!

The fat chick was the one doing the deed.

moomooCow 10-11-2009 07:24 PM

Helped dig out every car that I saw stuck last winter. ( granted that I skipped the ones where they already had like 4+ people going at it )

Made me late for most of my shit but oh well, felt good. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 6631035)
The fat chick was the one doing the deed.

hahahahah nice one :haha:

FiveDime 10-11-2009 07:27 PM

edit

MG1 10-11-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveDime (Post 6631039)
edit

Uh......... wrong thread?

No problems...............I did that more than once.:D

FiveDime 10-11-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic (Post 6631043)
Uh......... wrong thread?

No problems...............I did that more than once.:D

haha yup... totally thought i was in the nucks thread :)

Drow 10-11-2009 08:25 PM

woke up extra early one winter morning last year to shovel snow outside my driveway and a little trail leading out to the bigger roads ( i live in a cul de sac kinda neighborhood ) and ended up shoveling most of the snow in neighborhood since my neighbors helped push my car when it got stuck in the snow.

crazyazn 10-11-2009 08:28 PM

went around helping ppl get unstuck in the crazy snow we had last winter...it was fun i got to drive a lot of different cars LOL

jeff_alexander 10-11-2009 08:38 PM

I ran over a hippie, amidoinitrite?

elkayem 10-11-2009 08:41 PM

I hold the door for people everytime but some people seem to take it for granted and just walk through without saying thanks.

CorneringArtist 10-11-2009 09:00 PM

I get thanks for holding the door open more often than not. I've also topped up people short on moneywhen they're at grocery stores a couple of times.

spoon.ek9 10-11-2009 09:05 PM

i met a really nice homeless guy outside of a KFC downtown davie. he was really polite before and after i gave him change. i felt good enough that the next time i went to kfc, i gave him one of my fries from the two twoonie tuesday specials i got plus the change i had left. :)

kluk 10-11-2009 09:17 PM

every winter, i go volunteer at the Salvation army soup kitchen on East Hastings by serving homeless people food and drink.

The food they get served are actually pretty good too.

-beef stew
-tomato or mushroom cream soup
-bread of every kind
-unlimited amount of doughnuts
-juice/pop/water
-pasta/sphagetti/lasagna
- sometimes brownies

All the food is donated by safeway, save on foods, and superstore i think.

anti-vip 10-11-2009 09:23 PM

gave a homeless guy in a bike 5 bucks then i saw him going in the liquor store...i think i made his day..hahaha

ZhangFei 10-11-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluk (Post 6631163)
every winter, i go volunteer at the Salvation army soup kitchen on East Hastings by serving homeless people food and drink.

The food they get served are actually pretty good too.

-beef stew
-tomato or mushroom cream soup
-bread of every kind
-unlimited amount of doughnuts
-juice/pop/water
-pasta/sphagetti/lasagna
- sometimes brownies

All the food is donated by safeway, save on foods, and superstore i think.

werd. props for that.

don't wanna badmouth... but there are some groups I know that give the needy food like low grade hotdogs or disgusting salami.

uggh.. its like so gross. if you won't eat it yourself, why would you give it to the homeless?

CivicTypeRice 10-11-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZhangFei (Post 6631173)
werd. props for that.

don't wanna badmouth... but there are some groups I know that give the needy food like low grade hotdogs or disgusting salami.

uggh.. its like so gross. if you won't eat it yourself, why would you give it to the homeless?

Beacuse they eat outta the garbage.

jeff_alexander 10-11-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZhangFei (Post 6631173)
werd. props for that.

beggars can't be choosers, if it's edible then it can be served to the homeless. perhaps you are so balling with cash that you donate full prime ribs and steaks to the homeless, but i am poor and can only help out with so much.

BBMme 10-11-2009 10:07 PM

I painted an autistic child playroom.