REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Random Acts of Kindness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592279-random-acts-kindness.html)

MG1 10-11-2009 05:49 AM

Random Acts of Kindness

Would like to hear some stories of good deeds people have done. I want my faith in the human race restored. I don't want to hear about other people in the news. I want to hear it first hand from RS members.

Tell everybody about something good you did today or in the past.

Honesty, kindness, helping others in distress, heroics, contributions, volunteering, etc. I want to hear some positive news for a change.

Please keep the jokes and dumbass comments to a minimum.

Looking forward to hearing the good stuff. GO, RS.

pawdregry4g 10-11-2009 11:04 AM

I supported local businesses by buying my lunch from them

StylinRed 10-11-2009 11:24 AM

i buy/distribute food/clothes/money to the homeless on a regular basis, ill even have a conversation with them about their day or whatever they want to chat about.. they key is not to speak to them like they're homeless(handicapped in any form) but just a regular joe

i donate to charities at times too but not usually, i doubt how most make use of the funds/materials

learned it from my mom, ever since i was a lil kid id always see her giving to homeless ppl on the streets and she always tells me its the right thing to do so i picked up on it

nothing religous mind you i know first thing ppl might think "oh religious nut"... well maybe a lil ;) because of Ramadan id hear about providing food/money to the poor and fasting to know how they feel.. so that had a bit of influence on me

mmmk 10-11-2009 11:24 AM

I was down in the States and I stopped in the rest area for a break. An asian lady approached me, she was dressed as a nurse. She said she was driving home and her car is almost all out of gas.

She showed me her wallet, includingher DL, nursing licence, etc. In the end I gave her $20USD. She asked me to write down my address and said she was going to mail me back $30 for helping her. It felt good to help her...I believe in karma.

This was yesterday, so it'll be a while before I find out whether she was telling the truth or lying. Regardless, I felt like I did the right thing.

ajax 10-11-2009 11:44 AM

There was a guy on the steps between Superstore and the Boston Pizza plaza yesterday at metro. Seemed like a really nice guy, not those kinda bums who keep heckling you. I obviously didnt want to give him money to just use for drugs, so I offered gum which he couldnt eat due to false teeth:p Gave him my mints from Boston Pizza on the way back. The I loook back and thers some guy harrassing him, while the homeless man is just trying to walk away. Me and my cousins decided to go get him some food from Superstore, and ended up getting some milk chocolate and that three pack of mittens, scarf and toque. Hopefully he stays warm!:p

Wongtouski 10-11-2009 11:48 AM

I flush after going No 2 in select bathrooms.

Euro7r 10-11-2009 12:02 PM

One evening this past summer, I was putting air into my car tires at Chevron. As I was leaving, this asian lady in a mazda 5 comes up with her 2 kids and asks me to fill air into her tires because she's never done it before. Okay, you guys probably think this could be funny and stupid, but she told me she's never put air into her tires for 3 years :S. Ended up checking all her tires and putting air into them.

yellowpower 10-11-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvxo (Post 6630588)
One evening this past summer, I was putting air into my car tires at Chevron. As I was leaving, this asian lady in a mazda 5 comes up with her 2 kids and asks me to fill air into her tires because she's never done it before. Okay, you guys probably think this could be funny and stupid, but she told me she's never put air into her tires for 3 years :S. Ended up checking all her tires and putting air into them.

LOL YOU'RE A BITCH HAHAA. jk, nice thing you did tho.

JHuJHu 10-11-2009 12:14 PM

I give money to hobo's on the streets.

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-11-2009 12:16 PM

i support my local Tim whoreton's everyday by buying their coffee

TOS'd 10-11-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajax (Post 6630573)
There was a guy on the steps between Superstore and the Boston Pizza plaza yesterday at metro. Seemed like a really nice guy, not those kinda bums who keep heckling you. I obviously didnt want to give him money to just use for drugs, so I offered gum which he couldnt eat due to false teeth:p Gave him my mints from Boston Pizza on the way back. The I loook back and thers some guy harrassing him, while the homeless man is just trying to walk away. Me and my cousins decided to go get him some food from Superstore, and ended up getting some milk chocolate and that three pack of mittens, scarf and toque. Hopefully he stays warm!:p

If its the same guy that's usually there, I've given him a full pasta dish from BP cause we over ordered. And just some spare change a few times.

ziggyx 10-11-2009 12:33 PM

Saw a hungry guy with his dog in front of the mcdonalds near robson and thurlow. He asked for change cuz he was hungry. Problem was I usually never carry any cash let alone lose change. I told him I could grab him a couple of burgers. I went in lined up for like 10 minutes since it was lunch time and bought him a few cheeseburgers.

Don't know if he shared it with his dog though haha. He probably did.

FiveDime 10-11-2009 12:36 PM

I have a good innocent bystander story...

Im currently in a sling because i dislocated my elbow... so im typing this with one hand. Anyways i was skateboarding and i see a cute chick about to cross the street. She smiles at me and i smil back at her. After passing her by about 5 feet i fly off my skateboard and BAIL!. She looks at me when i get up and can totally see my arm all bent out of shape. Shes like "OMG are you alright?" i look at my arm and respond "No i dont really think so". "Theres a hospital right across the way, here let me walk you" she responds. She picks up my skate board and walks with me to the hospital.

She waits with me the whole time!! i never have seen this girl before. As im awaiting a Dr we are in the waiting room at we get to talking, she just moved in to my area last week! and lives a block away. In the current state of shock that im in i didnt hesitate to ask the cute girl for her number. She takes the phone from out of my pocket and types it in.

So i finally get to see a Dr where they then knock me out on ketamine and ask the girl to leave. So i wake up... they fix my arm... blah blah blah... I leave the hospital.

First thing i did when i left was called the girl and asked her out to dinner to say thanks for helping me in my time of need. She gets extra karma points for this one as she waited about 3 hours with some guy she never knew before!

Long story short... i got a date next week with a cute girl and a date with a Dr next tuesday for surgery!! its the price you pay i guess.... hahaha

van_driver 10-11-2009 12:43 PM

^^haha awesome story, keep us updated!

anyways, i hold doors open for people, then give dirty looks if they dont say thanks

Leopold Stotch 10-11-2009 12:50 PM

This one time at RPM i went to play video games and a person who semi lost the use of their legs had slipped down and had those dual crutches things . anyhow i asked him if he needed help since it seemed like he woudln't be able to get back up.

it was weird i got up behind him and straight picked him up vertically. He was grateful, i was hoping some cute chick saw what happened, but w/e

made me feel good

other times i help people put their spare tires on.

quasi 10-11-2009 02:31 PM

Some homeless guy was trying to buy a dozen doughnuts and coffee at Tim Hortons with a Tim Hortons gift card. I guess he was a little short on the card so he was like well take back the coffee. I overheard and told the lady to just give the man his card back and I'd pay for it all. He was very thankful.

I remember about 19 years ago when my dad first started his business he had an employee that had just moved from the Maritimes. He didn't have money to buy gifts for his kids so my dad took me to toys R' Us. He bought a bunch of stuff for his kids and put some money in an envolope and left it all by there door anonymously on Xmas Eve. At the time my dad didn't have a lot of money either but he showed me early on that giving is more rewarding then receiving.

CivicTypeRice 10-11-2009 02:37 PM

I fucked the fat girl on Friday.

Vansterdam 10-11-2009 02:51 PM

extra 20 points for you ^

mmmk 10-11-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicTypeRice (Post 6630739)
I fucked the fat girl on Friday.

are u the type who likes to fuck fat girls though? if you aren't...then props to u :)

if you like fat girls, then stop bragging :haha:

thumper 10-11-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveDime (Post 6630636)
Long story short... i got a date next week with a cute girl and a date with a Dr next tuesday for surgery!! its the price you pay i guess.... hahaha

^ awsome. hope it turns out great for you :thumbsup:

only thing i ever done was chase down a MILF who left her purse at the restaurant by accident because she was overwhelmed by her bratty kids and forgot... only to be chased down myself at the same time by a waiter who thought i was running out on my bill :o

XxFcukxX 10-11-2009 04:56 PM

gave 5$ to a hobo who got maced

Culture_Vulture 10-11-2009 05:26 PM

I bum smokes to just about anybody who asks me for one.
Though I doubt that's a good deed lol.

Grandmaster TSE 10-11-2009 05:28 PM

people who are short a few bucks at restaurants or convenient stores, i'll just hook them up
help people change a flat
i guess just general things

jeffh 10-11-2009 05:29 PM

being a jeep owner gives you certain responsibilities
ive jumped 3 cars/trucks in the last year
towed a van out of a 10 foot ditch during a snowstorm last year
yanked some punk kid out of a huge mud hole on the side of a trail last weekend and ripped my trailer hitch off in the process
helped some dude change a trailer tire on his 5th wheel because i could see he was strugling with it (having an eletectric impact in the jeep helps with that haha)

versep 10-11-2009 05:47 PM

I was driving home from work (~3am ish) and was 2 minutes from my house when i saw a garbage fire. the guy driving in front of me stopped as well and we told the owner his garbage bin was knocked over and on fire(pretty big). I think the owner then proceeded to call 911. By the time the firetruck and popo arrived, the house next to this owners house started blazing on fire. It was weird, I didn't get it at all. Anyways, i swear there was like 20 people living in that house. No one was hurt i stayed for the whole thing, lend a hand where I could (which was no where rofl).