REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   spotted: badass S2000..............==" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592537-spotted-badass-s2000-%3D%3D.html)

v67gsr 12-07-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtC-604 (Post 6716873)
mmm although for most street driven vehicles its pointless but some drivers prefer to have a stiffer feeling body. Even in my S, around some bends with curvature changes, i feel flex that might be reduced by a roll cage

Once again, it is the battle between "need" and "want".

Do you "need" a roll cage? Or you simply "want" a roll cage because you think you "need" one?

Find the answer of this question and you will understand my point.

Personally, I bias greatly toward "need" instead of "want". Over the years, I paid/waste enough to realize the fact that "want" will not do me any good on track if what I "want" is not what I "need" for better lap time. Yes, I am a "user" type driver. Roll cage is what I "need" down the road but not until my suspension upgrade is fully completed to the spec I "need" for the track I run.

One more thing. My opinion bias greatly toward helping people to spend $ wisely and "waste" less. However, there are far too many out there with loads of cash and care nothing but image. Pity I am not one of them......:cry: and my opinion is pointless to those individual.

danizer 12-07-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v67gsr (Post 6717286)
Once again, it is the battle between "need" and "want".

Do you "need" a roll cage? Or you simply "want" a roll cage because you think you "need" one?

Find the answer of this question and you will understand my point.

Personally, I bias greatly toward "need" instead of "want". Over the years, I paid/waste enough to realize the fact that "want" will not do me any good on track if what I "want" is not what I "need" for better lap time. Yes, I am a "user" type driver. Roll cage is what I "need" down the road but not until my suspension upgrade is fully completed to the spec I "need" for the track I run.

One more thing. My opinion bias greatly toward helping people to spend $ wisely and "waste" less. However, there are far too many out there with loads of cash and care nothing but image. Pity I am not one of them......:cry: and my opinion is pointless to those individual.

my car doesnt need 4 wheels to move :)
i just want the 4th one :D

elkayem 12-08-2009 03:35 AM

This thread is epic.

shenmecar 12-08-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizer (Post 6717650)
my car doesnt need 4 wheels to move :)
i just want the 4th one :D

huh?

!Yaminashi 12-08-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6718508)
huh?

I lol'd when I read this then immediately looked over at your avatar

Mugen EvOlutioN 12-08-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinky (Post 6716875)
Roll cagees on street cars...

'cuz nothing says "performance" like a cage + nankang AS tires!

:haha::haha::haha:

or roll cage with all season tires

:thumbsup:

danizer 12-13-2009 09:56 PM

going back and reading the comments...v67gsr is pretty fail himself LOL
his comments supports the ricer community :)

v67gsr 12-13-2009 11:20 PM

indeed. my car is as rice as you can imagine. but then may be you will change you point of view once you realized I run 10 sec a lap faster than you on any given track;)

optiblue 12-14-2009 11:45 PM

actually, back in the days, v67gsr was pretty damn fast at auto-X!

Maybe even faster than me in my current car o_O~ crazy thought!

Iron Chef 12-17-2009 08:05 AM

who really cares
he preaches about shit no one cares about.