REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Arc’teryx October 2009 Factory Store Sale

30% - 90% OFF a Large Selection of Merchandise

Link: http://www.salesguide.ca/vancouver/a...-sale-2240/10/

PUBLIC SALE
FRI Oct. 16th 10am – 7pm
SAT Oct. 17th 10am – 5pm
SUN Oct. 18th 10am – 5pm
Advertisement

Last edited by Homan; 10-15-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Homan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 AM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Thanks for the head up. Are these factory store items the items that were rejected off the production line? Thanks!
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

they say its going to be " up to 90% OFF Discontinued and factory seconds merchandise only" ... hope that helps ..
Old 10-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

This is the first time I went to a factory sale and I won't be going again. I got there around noon and there was already a 30 min lineup. When we got in, there really weren't anything worth buying imo. All the models looked really outdated/ugly colors and it was really hard to find sizes (unless you're a L or XL+) and stuff was thrown everywhere lol.

Some people went away with bags of stuff but I think most of the things they bought in the heat of the moment. Needless to say we didn't buy anything and left after 10 mins lol. I now remember why I never shop at outlets and @ sales, all junk lol.

I don't shop much anyways so I rather pay full price for the exact item I want, when I want. Lesson learned.

I hope you guys did better.
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
i went aaround 5. from talking with the employee, there was a line up at 8am already and I guess the resellers repped the goods b4 anyone.

I managed to get their theta jacket, which I always wanted.. from $525 to 259 is pretty good IMO and I dont think u can find any cheaper locally. + it is not a factory second so im pretty happy about it.

Other than that, really not much things, the sales said what they have is what they will restock, so don't expect any new things in the coming days.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Went to the sale on Friday night around 6PM. For mens, lots of Theta AR, Sidewinder, and Stingray jackets. I regret not buying a Theta AR because I found out it uses Goretex Pro Shell, which apparently is a very durable waterproof layer and is Goretex's most expensive and innovative system. I didn't buy it because the smallest they had was Large and it fitted very loose. Its odd since I'm a big guy and I buy t-shirts in XL.

I ended up buying the last Alpha SL jacket instead. Its more supple and lighter, but its made with Goretex Paclite which is supposed to be less durable. Its also made in China, versus the Theta AR which is made in Canada. At least it fits better, its sized XL but is a lot slimmer fitting than the Theta AR Large for some reason.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote