REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
x__chinese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 226
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
angel eyes for 2002 bmw 325i

where can I buy and install these?

I'm pretty sure i dont have to buy a new pair of headlights right?

want something that looks like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh48V-uw1Gc


thanks.
Advertisement
x__chinese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Amaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,301
Thanked 650 Times in 133 Posts
No, you do not need to install new headlights. You will need to take apart your headlight assembly and carefully place the angel eyes in there, then close it back up again. The install process takes 2-3 hours, but there are lots of very good DIY tutorials online (and many kits come with decent instructions).

I hate working on my car and I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything mechanical, but I managed to install without any trouble. Took me about four hours, but everything works now and I haven't had to touch it since (and that was almost 2 years ago).

You can buy from:

http://www.jlevisw.com/

http://www.modbargains.com/

http://www.umnitza.com/


I urge you to stay away from Ebay brands because they tend to have serious issues - and you don't want to have to reinstall these suckers again. It's a pain, so doing it once is enough.

Lastly, I advise you to go with a pair of LED angel eyes - NOT CCFL (flourescent). The LED ones are brighter, do not require a ballast, and do not have a very notorious 'dimness' problem in cold weather that plagues the CCFL kits.

Best of luck!
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
x__chinese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 226
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post
No, you do not need to install new headlights. You will need to take apart your headlight assembly and carefully place the angel eyes in there, then close it back up again. The install process takes 2-3 hours, but there are lots of very good DIY tutorials online (and many kits come with decent instructions).

I hate working on my car and I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything mechanical, but I managed to install without any trouble. Took me about four hours, but everything works now and I haven't had to touch it since (and that was almost 2 years ago).

You can buy from:

http://www.jlevisw.com/

http://www.modbargains.com/

http://www.umnitza.com/


I urge you to stay away from Ebay brands because they tend to have serious issues - and you don't want to have to reinstall these suckers again. It's a pain, so doing it once is enough.

Lastly, I advice you to go with a pair of LED angel eyes - NOT CCFL (flourescent). The LED ones are brighter, do not require a ballast, and do not have a very notorious 'dimness' problem in cold weather that plagues the CCFL kits.

Best of luck!
o0 thats good to know, thanks a lot
x__chinese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
q0192837465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,760
Thanked 375 Times in 181 Posts
i recommend Orion from umnitza, really good looking.

Amaru: Btw, where did u get ur DRL disabled & how much?
__________________
Ignorance is bliss

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Amaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,301
Thanked 650 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
i recommend Orion from umnitza, really good looking.

Amaru: Btw, where did u get ur DRL disabled & how much?
I had my DRL disabled at an independent BMW shop here in Victoria. They didn't charge me anything, they just did it for me when I went in for a big service (oil change, fluids, belts, etc).

If you want the name of the shop, PM me
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
q0192837465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,760
Thanked 375 Times in 181 Posts
^hmmm, victoria is a bit far, thx for the help tho
__________________
Ignorance is bliss

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
x__chinese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 226
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
amaru , lets just say i want this Predator Orion™ V2 LED Angel Eyes for $119. Does it come with all four of the l.e.d halos? Is there a big difference between 30 l.e.d and the 60l.e.d ? would it be better if i get it professionally done?
x__chinese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Amaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,301
Thanked 650 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x__chinese View Post
amaru , lets just say i want this Predator Orion™ V2 LED Angel Eyes for $119. Does it come with all four of the l.e.d halos? Is there a big difference between 30 l.e.d and the 60l.e.d ? would it be better if i get it professionally done?
Yeah, the kit comes with all four angel eyes.

The 30 LED ones... you can sort of notice the gap between each LED. It's a bit ricier, imo, but it still looks pretty cool. The 60-LED are a fair bit brighter, and you can't really tell that the ring is made up of LED's.

This thread has a lot of good pics of the different types: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...390303&page=28

As for professional install... I can't really tell you that one way or the other. Installing them is a bit of a pain, but it's not technically challenging. Plus finding someone to install them properly might be just as annoying as doing it yourself, lol.
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net