REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Owning vehicles in two provinces.

I have some family friends who own a house on a farm in Saskatchewan. They both call their house in BC their permanent home and have vehicles and driver's licences issued in BC.

They bought a truck for the farm so they could fly from BC to Saskatchewan and have a vehicle to drive around. Only problem is they can't register/insure it for more than three months unless they present a Saskatchewan DL.

Surely they can't be the only people who have a property in another province where a vehicle is kept. They fly out there 3 or 4 times per year for 2-4 weeks at a time and getting temporary insurance each time is a pain, especially since they want to garage the vehicle off their property near the airport.

Any way around this?
Advertisement
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
How about registering it in BC, as they are BC residents, and leaving it in Saskatchewan. They are BC residents so that should not be aproblem. This is a conversation that they might be having with ICBC.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Yes, you can register your car with BC plates out of province (called Z-territory). I am doing it with my Porsche right now. You pay about 60% more for insurance though!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanks for the suggestions!
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

you should be able to register all your BC vehicles as farm vehicles and save a bunch...
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
you should be able to register all your BC vehicles as farm vehicles and save a bunch...
Pretty sure they'd have to stay in BC then.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote