REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Bell Mobibility Call Centre

Anyone here work for the Bell Mobility Call Centre? how hard is it to get the job? Any advice? i've already got the phone interview, hopefully they'll call back in they're interested
Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,824 Times in 2,508 Posts
had 2 friends working there. it was pretty easy for them to get the job. i told them they were hiring and they applied and got an offer i think within a week.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,766 Times in 908 Posts
Not sure if your looking for full time or part but if it's part you may want to consider the Call Centre I work at instead.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/my-wo...g-t593005.html

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Not sure if your looking for full time or part but if it's part you may want to consider the Call Centre I work at instead.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/my-wo...g-t593005.html
i actually tried applying for that job even though i don't have 3 years clerical experience, i sent in my application anyways even though you said there strict about the requirements haha
Old 10-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

worked there for a year, you will get a lot of irate calls, you have to meet your stats stress level is moderate, your TL will push you to perform and you will need yo deliver or else.... i quit last year and transfered to a better paying job
bokyo102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyo102 View Post
worked there for a year, you will get a lot of irate calls, you have to meet your stats stress level is moderate, your TL will push you to perform and you will need yo deliver or else.... i quit last year and transfered to a better paying job
for the stuff you do, do you think the money was worth it? how long did you end up working there for? how's the work environment?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
i actually tried applying for that job even though i don't have 3 years clerical experience, i sent in my application anyways even though you said there strict about the requirements haha
You're not gonna get a call for an interview if you don't meet nor exceed the qualifications for all government jobs.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Oh yea shiet you asked me in the other thread haha. Anyways good luck mang let me know what happens.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #9

During the in-person interview for Bell, they'll ask you to pretend to be an agent and have a conversation with you. You're free to offer whatever you want during that time to help the customer out (they want you to demonstrate your customer service skills). They normally aren't too hard on the interviews because the turn over rate for call centres are rather high.

Training for the actual job is about 6 weeks in the classroom. They'll be 2 times available - Usually it'll be 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM or 3:30 PM to 11:30 PM.

They do have pretty good health and medical benefits I'd say but in terms of the actual job, it's not great. Be prepared for dealing with irate customers and selling! They may tell you that there's little sales in the job but in fact, you are required to sell on every call and meet certain stats. If you don't perform, you're out! Probation is 6 months and even after that, they can put you on coach back and cut you for not performing.

If you never worked in a call centre, also bear in mind that you are graded several calls in the month for quality (greeting customer, showing empathy, resolving requests, providing accurate information, selling, etc).
Kai-dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #10

Agreed with the selling BS! Recently I just upgraded to HD with Bell and had to call them many times regarding different things. About 10 calls over the course of 3 weeks. Every single call regardless of what I was calling about ended with them trying to sell me on chanel packages and shiet. It gets pretty annoying as a customer and I'm sure it's annoying as a rep too.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Agreed with the selling BS! Recently I just upgraded to HD with Bell and had to call them many times regarding different things. About 10 calls over the course of 3 weeks. Every single call regardless of what I was calling about ended with them trying to sell me on chanel packages and shiet. It gets pretty annoying as a customer and I'm sure it's annoying as a rep too.
Yup no doubt about it! It's bad for both customers and rep. I would feel annoyed if I had a problem and had to call multiple times and each time, they have to sell you something. Not only that, you're required to overcome the objection as least once (meaning you have to provide a counter reason for why you should get a particular feature/product if the customer declines your offer).

Btw, starting pay is $15.50 and after 6 months, you may get bumped to $16 but that depends if you perform. Working hours are usually Monday-Saturday 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM. You don't get to pick your schedule because it's assigned but you can trade shifts. If you need flexibility, this is not the job to take.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #12
I don't get it

i worked there.. awful.

they forced my segment to work dec 24, dec 25, dec 26, dec 31(?) and jan 1, no exceptions. and it wasn't even busy! hardly any calls!

they push sales like crazy. i quit before the economic downturn, but during that time, i heard from some ppl who still worked there that they were pushing sales pretty hard. people would be calling in to remove features to save money, but as per the call flow, you had to offer sales and such. and if you couldn't meet their ridiculous stats, they let you go. lots of people were doing fake sales and such just to be able to meet stats.

the plus side is that they do have really good benefits and free phone plan.
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan604 View Post
people would be calling in to remove features to save money, but as per the call flow, you had to offer sales and such. and if you couldn't meet their ridiculous stats, they let you go. lots of people were doing fake sales and such just to be able to meet stats.

the plus side is that they do have really good benefits and free phone plan.
Well their call flow just got more retarded which launched this month (Oct 2009). They've made so many changes to what you can/cannot say and what you have to do.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-dai View Post
Well their call flow just got more retarded which launched this month (Oct 2009). They've made so many changes to what you can/cannot say and what you have to do.
i hate the fact that you have to say "Message Centre" and not "VoiceMail". Message Centre sounds really stupid =___="

and I hate the Reps who transferred customers over to Chinese Queue because it's the so called "Retention/Supervisors"
Codesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,521 Times in 4,316 Posts
Okay guys. I know you hate Bell and their call flow. We get it. But let's keep it clean. Okay? Cool. Thanks.

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

is there at least a computer in front of you with windows OS? and how easy is it to slack off and take naps on your desk?
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #17
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
is there at least a computer in front of you with windows OS? and how easy is it to slack off and take naps on your desk?
Each person has their own Windows Computer (monitored once you login) with a Hard Phone & Headset. You can surf the internet and so forth; however, you can't be surfing the net while you're in a call or else you're done.

With the popularity of Facebook, I'm not sure if they banned it out right or not? Someone else may know bout it.

If you joined the Chinese National Queue in 2007, you could easily nap for like 30 minutes as you wouldn't get a call for 30minutes+ at times. Now all Queue's take calls from each segment, you may get away with a few minutes of shut eye?
Codesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #18

Nope, facebook is not banned because you are allowed to do whatever you want during your breaks/lunches but not during work time. They do log everything you do including conversations when you're not on a call.

Right now, it's pretty busy at the call centre because they didn't hire anyone for a while because of the economic downturn but now they are doing so again to replenish the number of reps that quit in the last while.

Again, turn over rate is high at a lot of call centres. I remember hearing from floorwalkers (supervisors who help you when you are fresh out of training) that they had entire classes (usually 18-20 people) quit within the first month.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #19
I don't get it

to answer your questions.
- you do a mock call. the interviewer pretends to be a customer with an issue and you are to resolve the problem, facing the corner.
- it wasn't hard to get the job when i applied because they needed lots of people. but if you're a student, you won't be getting a call back.
- and i wasn't aware about the phone interview. i only did a face to face interview.

the things that bothered me most about bell:
1. having to come in on your own time to open up all the computer programs. (if you start at 9, at exactly 9 you have to log in and have all the programs ready to start taking calls)
2. if you're late 1 minute, it counts as an official LATE. no excuses. (sometimes it's better to just call in sick if you're going to be late)
3. the attitude/outlook of the management team/upper management
4. the incredible amount of spam that was sent by a certain team leader

things i liked:
1. your peers
2. free phone plan
3. great medical/dental

if you do work at bell, i hope you have a good manager and are in a good segment.
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan604 View Post
to answer your questions.
- you do a mock call. the interviewer pretends to be a customer with an issue and you are to resolve the problem, facing the corner.
- it wasn't hard to get the job when i applied because they needed lots of people. but if you're a student, you won't be getting a call back.
- and i wasn't aware about the phone interview. i only did a face to face interview.

the things that bothered me most about bell:
1. having to come in on your own time to open up all the computer programs. (if you start at 9, at exactly 9 you have to log in and have all the programs ready to start taking calls)
2. if you're late 1 minute, it counts as an official LATE. no excuses. (sometimes it's better to just call in sick if you're going to be late)
3. the attitude/outlook of the management team/upper management
4. the incredible amount of spam that was sent by a certain team leader

things i liked:
1. your peers
2. free phone plan
3. great medical/dental

if you do work at bell, i hope you have a good manager and are in a good segment.
I would consistently agree with your comments!

*To Clarify, I did do a phone interview first before getting called in but I know from other co-workers that some only did an in-person interview when they went to the job fair/open house.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #21

what's the max pay for a csr position at bell?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #22
I bringith the lowerballerith

does any1 have the address and location the the bell company ?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
does any1 have the address and location the the bell company ?
2980 Virtual Way 1
Vancouver British Columbia
V5M 4X3
Old 11-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #24
I bringith the lowerballerith

thanks

Last edited by SlowRider; 11-07-2009 at 09:33 PM.
SlowRider is offline   Reply With Quote