REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

ICBC Total Loss Question

Yesterday my Integra was hit on left front fender and left door. I have an ICBC inspection coming up this Tuesday.
If they consider it a total loss, do i get to take back my aftermarket parts? (lip,spoiler,wheels etc) Or do they take the vehicle right on the spot.

Thanks.
Advertisement
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You can arrange a time to remove parts from the yard, but you have to substitute back parts you have taken off, you have to arrange with your adjuster.

Since Integra is probably old, you can also buy the whole car back and get it repaired.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
when my teg was totalled, they gave me the payout cheque that included the value of the mods.

of course you have to look at the values they assigned and see if they were appraised appropriately. just remember you have to take into account that you have to substitute back in original parts if you remove the aftermarket parts.
i took out my sound system, everything else i left back on the car and just argued with the adjuster for a higher value on the items like the spoiler,rims,alarm.

that's what i would do, save yourself the hassle, plus give yourself the option to go out shopping for new parts lol
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
when my teg was totalled, they gave me the payout cheque that included the value of the mods.

of course you have to look at the values they assigned and see if they were appraised appropriately. just remember you have to take into account that you have to substitute back in original parts if you remove the aftermarket parts.
i took out my sound system, everything else i left back on the car and just argued with the adjuster for a higher value on the items like the spoiler,rims,alarm.

that's what i would do, save yourself the hassle, plus give yourself the option to go out shopping for new parts lol
Okay but what about a front lip. There is no OEM part for it. Can i remove it without substituting anything?

Do they keep the car right on the spot(if it is considered total loss) when you bring it to them for inspection?
Old 10-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
well what happens is they'll call you to pick up the write off value cheque, you go in, take a look at the car and how they appraised your car and the " mods ".

if you accept how they appraised it, just leave everything their (other than your personal shit), take your cheque and have a nice day.

otherwise you'll have to talk to the adjusters about removing parts and substituting, this part i'm not too familiar with.

the car will be at one of their icbc lots given that they towed the vehicle after the accident, where they'll do the inspection. otherwise, i don't know where you have to bring the vehicle for "inspection".

edit: re-read it. i'm not sure, you'll probably have to call the adjuster and ask them personally.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
well what happens is they'll call you to pick up the write off value cheque, you go in, take a look at the car and how they appraised your car and the " mods ".

if you accept how they appraised it, just leave everything their (other than your personal shit), take your cheque and have a nice day.

otherwise you'll have to talk to the adjusters about removing parts and substituting, this part i'm not too familiar with.

the car will be at one of their icbc lots given that they towed the vehicle after the accident, where they'll do the inspection. otherwise, i don't know where you have to bring the vehicle for "inspection".

edit: re-read it. i'm not sure, you'll probably have to call the adjuster and ask them personally.
Thanks, helped me alot.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
Douchebag Lover

If you're that worried about your modifications, and their worth take out a separate policy. It's called an "Excess Special Equipment Endorsement" by ICBC and requires you to list all of the "insurable" modifications on your vehicle as well as their serial numbers. I had mine looked into, and roughly setup for an extra $15,000, ON TOP of my car's insurance (so, car pay out + the endorsement payout). It covers theft, collision/comp and something else.

Last edited by Dentz; 10-24-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Dentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

my boss had a rare chrystler with all amg parts that was total loss. They were wanting to give him a shitty price for it, so he looked up similar cars and what they were going for used etc. and they gave him more for it based on that. I'd try the same type of thing for your mods - look up ppl selling them used and get some price numbers to see what they're worth now!
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote