REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #26
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
6793026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC, HK, USA
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts
what did ICBC say?

i just find it funny, next time someone is in front of me, i'll honk and then ram their car cause hey, if it's my fault, i'll just tell them to refer to this case number.
Advertisement
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Gnomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,311
Thanked 609 Times in 187 Posts
*tag*

I too am curious how car c's statement will put this into play
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
Gnomes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
cococly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 1,591
Thanked 341 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Right - he shouldn't have even BEEN in the intersection, let alone running into you. If a cop was there, the guy may have even been eligible for a VT. Trying to claim it's your fault when he's committing a moving violation is not a good idea for him.

Maybe ICBC wants witness corroboration that the guy was in an illegal position so they can have a ticket issued to him
I went to the same intersection again yesterday, and took some pics.

I confirmed that only one car could turn left when the lights change yellow/red.

But,most of the cars just tried some tailgating stunts. Luckily for them, they didn't hit the cars in front.

My car is getting fixed now, but too bad since the case hasn't been resolved yet, I would have to pay for the deductible .
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #29
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
cococly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 1,591
Thanked 341 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
what did ICBC say?

i just find it funny, next time someone is in front of me, i'll honk and then ram their car cause hey, if it's my fault, i'll just tell them to refer to this case number.
As of today, I do not know if the case has been resolved yet.

Perhaps, I called ICBC daily and it could be annoying, so I stopped doing that for a few days now.

Yes, the passanger on car B actually said " if there is a car in front of you suddenly started braking, what would you do?"

She thought the answer should be " Step on the gas and creat as much damage to the car in front as possible. "
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #30
e-thugger*
 
netfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 2,523
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
As of today, I do not know if the case has been resolved yet.

Perhaps, I called ICBC daily and it could be annoying, so I stopped doing that for a few days now.

Yes, the passanger on car B actually said " if there is a car in front of you suddenly started braking, what would you do?"

She thought the answer should be " Step on the gas and creat as much damage to the car in front as possible. "
Just make sure you don't let ICBC or witnesses at the scene push you around. Many moons ago the rear quarter panel of my old Prelude got demolished by the solid steel bumper from a giant 90's Ford truck. The other driver told ICBC that I was late for work and driving irresponsibly. When the adjuster tried grilling me with that, I asked them to provide proof of the allegations or stop wasting my time with BS and focus on the actual facts of the collision. No payout against my insurance.
__________________
Powered by alcohol rage.
96 Lincoln Towncar
92 Civic B16A (parted)
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
bcedhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 604
Posts: 3,824
Thanked 1,098 Times in 311 Posts
100% B fault

Last edited by skidmark; 11-03-2009 at 12:29 PM.
bcedhk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #32
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
cococly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 1,591
Thanked 341 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netfreak View Post
Just make sure you don't let ICBC or witnesses at the scene push you around. Many moons ago the rear quarter panel of my old Prelude got demolished by the solid steel bumper from a giant 90's Ford truck. The other driver told ICBC that I was late for work and driving irresponsibly. When the adjuster tried grilling me with that, I asked them to provide proof of the allegations or stop wasting my time with BS and focus on the actual facts of the collision. No payout against my insurance.
My first adjuster said that " people should not honk or be impatient on the roads"

and I believe I have included that on my statement.

What do you mean ICBC grilling you, when it might be obvious that you are not the one who caused the accident?

Do you mean they tried to confuse you into providing contraditive statements during their investigation?
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
My car is getting fixed now, but too bad since the case hasn't been resolved yet, I would have to pay for the deductible .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
Perhaps, I called ICBC daily and it could be annoying, so I stopped doing that for a few days now.
I'd call them again, and tell them, look, I don't wanna be a pain, but I'm taking my car to get fixed, and I need to know if I'm gonna hafta pay my own deductible or not?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #34
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
cococly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 1,591
Thanked 341 Times in 82 Posts
The Witness is still not showing up...
ICBC said this morning that they need to know rather it is a simple rear-end collision or a "ROAD RAGE".

I think the other party tried to settle this down by saying it was a road rage? what?
If car B won, I will say that everytime I am in a hurry and crash into the car in front. [ I should retract this sentence, pardon.. ]

Last edited by cococly; 11-03-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Pardon...
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #35
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
The Witness is still not showing up...
ICBC said this morning that they need to know rather it is a simple rear-end collision or a "ROAD RAGE".

I think the other party tried to settle this down by saying it was a road rage? what?
If car B won, I will say that everytime I am in a hurry and crash into the car in front.
Even if it was Road Rage, B would still be at fault. It wouldn't be anymore your fault because he raged out. He should learn to keep his temper down if that is the case. If not, he shouldn't be driving.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
slammer111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,627
Thanked 273 Times in 90 Posts
When turning left, the rules state you can take your sweetass time if YOU do not feel it's clear. If they're impatient that's their problem, not yours. Nothing to worry about, you're 0% at fault.

As my riding instructor once said.. If you went forward and then got into an accident, would the people that were honking stop and help you?
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Van
Posts: 1,488
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Car D will know what happened.
LeanNsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #38
The "You'd Know" Moderator
 
impactX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Home
Posts: 20,885
Thanked 214 Times in 118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Even if it was Road Rage, B would still be at fault. It wouldn't be anymore your fault because he raged out. He should learn to keep his temper down if that is the case. If not, he shouldn't be driving.
Welcome to civil law, where they are trying to determine a percertage liability on everyone.
__________________
08 CBR600RR
03 IS300

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #39
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
cococly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 1,591
Thanked 341 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanNsupreme View Post
Car D will know what happened.
I wish I could have a witness on my side who actually saw what happened at the scene, but everyone just passed by.



Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Welcome to civil law, where they are trying to determine a percertage liability on everyone.
I am not too sure what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Even if it was Road Rage, B would still be at fault. It wouldn't be anymore your fault because he raged out. He should learn to keep his temper down if that is the case. If not, he shouldn't be driving.
I truthfully have never meet car B nor car C before.
I cannot think of any initiatives for a road rage here.

It's car B who started honking, I was just being patient to avoid a T-Bone collision.

Last edited by cococly; 11-03-2009 at 09:57 PM.
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #40
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
shenmecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,854
Thanked 2,417 Times in 668 Posts
The worst case scenario for you would be 50/50. I don't see any supporting evidence that it was your fault for being SAFE. Judging by the fact that Car B was non-stop honking you, we can already say that his impatience is the real cause of this accident. Car C is a faggot dick fondler.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #41
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Welcome to civil law, where they are trying to determine a percertage liability on everyone.


Too bad it won't help Car B at all in this instance (with the given evidence so far).
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #42
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
cococly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 1,591
Thanked 341 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
The worst case scenario for you would be 50/50. I don't see any supporting evidence that it was your fault for being SAFE. Judging by the fact that Car B was non-stop honking you, we can already say that his impatience is the real cause of this accident. Car C is a faggot dick fondler.
Getting rear-ended = 50/50???

I strongly believe that I could NOT avoid this rear-end collision, if car B followed me within inches off my rear bumper.

I am driving a poor courtesy car [ A REBUILT! ]provided by the body shop. [ I don't blame on the body shop though, coz that's their very last vehicle avaliable.]
The car has poor brakes, non-functioning ABS, annoying rattle,etc.....



I asked ICBC if I could rent a PROPER family sedan of the same class as my car from Budget,or whoever.

Their reply is " The case has not been resovled yet and you are not covered in renting/getting a replacement vehicle."
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #43
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
Getting rear-ended = 50/50???

I strongly believe that I could NOT avoid this rear-end collision, if car B followed me within inches off my rear bumper.

I am driving a poor courtesy car [ A REBUILT! ]provided by the body shop. [ I don't blame on the body shop though, coz that's their very last vehicle avaliable.]
The car has poor brakes, non-functioning ABS, annoying rattle,etc.....



I asked ICBC if I could rent a PROPER family sedan of the same class as my car from Budget,or whoever.

Their reply is " The case has not been resovled yet and you are not covered in renting/getting a replacement vehicle."
Don't worry. That is the worst case scenario, like 1 in 1,000,000 if the story you told is the true one. I don't see it being a 50/50, in fact, I see ICBC fining and going on a witch hunt for car C. ICBC takes fraud really seriously.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #44
e-thugger*
 
netfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 2,523
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
What do you mean ICBC grilling you, when it might be obvious that you are not the one who caused the accident?
In the event of a collision, assume that every party will tell a story that puts everyone else at blame. Car B will make up a reason why you're at fault, so make sure you don't cave to ICBC challenging your story. From what you've said, this case is entirely in your favour. Just watch out for what the scammers try to pull.
__________________
Powered by alcohol rage.
96 Lincoln Towncar
92 Civic B16A (parted)
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #45
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
cococly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 1,591
Thanked 341 Times in 82 Posts
Just received the cheque from ICBC =)

Car B is 100% at fault.

It took ICBC 4 weeks to determine liability.

The witness just vapourized. LOL
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #46
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,977
Thanked 185 Times in 129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
ICBC takes fraud really seriously.
So much so that they engage in it themselves
__________________
Consider reading the research before commenting on photo enforcement: http://thenewspaper.com/

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #47
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
Just received the cheque from ICBC =)

Car B is 100% at fault.

It took ICBC 4 weeks to determine liability.

The witness just vapourized. LOL
Congrats! Knew you had nothing to worry about. Car B is a retard and car C was probably a friend that tried to scare you into going in for 50/50.

Well done!

Any news on Car C? You should totally follow up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
So much so that they engage in it themselves
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #48
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,506
Thanked 102 Times in 61 Posts
Congrats. I'm glad it all worked out as it should have. Just remember, in the future, when you are doing a left, ignore the people behind you. They are dicks. I've seen lots of times where I can see perfectly fine from the second car's vantage but I know the first car may be blocked because of the guy on the other side turning left, so I don't honk. Just remember, you are the one driving and if they honk, and you go and crash, they laugh at you and go on their merry way so like I said, guys who honk you when turning left are dicks and ignore them.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #49
"Entertainment" mod.
 
CorneringArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 4,589
Thanked 2,877 Times in 872 Posts
Congrats on your results. I risked getting T-boned in the same situation because some idiot in a truck waiting behind me honked at me. His truck was higher so he obviously could see the traffic was clear as I couldn't see the oncoming traffic as there was a van in the opposite turning lane blocking my view. Traffic finally cleared and I made my turn, but the dick decided to TAILGATE me all the way down the street and around a turn until I reached my school parking lot, even after I briefly FLOORED it to create some distance between me and him and to get to the speed limit (I NEVER normally do this, but I had a feeling he was gonna react).

If it means anything, this intersection was at 104 ave and 144 st in Surrey during morning rush hour, so I'm extra cautious.

Lucky me I chose to be safe and not be Car B's bitch.
__________________
MX73->B3->MX83->AE92->BL3FW->5K(MkVI)->UCF11->JZX110
CorneringArtist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #50
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
wnderinguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nanaimo B.C.
Posts: 248
Thanked 21 Times in 9 Posts
glad it worked out for you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post

Yes, the passanger on car B actually said " if there is a car in front of you suddenly started braking, what would you do?"
probably hit them if I was following too close ,that's why you MUST allow enough room.If you don't and hit the guy in front then its your fault for following too close,really simple actually.
__________________
Its the Internet, only complete anal pricks worry about their grammar...... or correct other peoples .Just sayin'
wnderinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net