REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #26
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

man, you guys gotta stop giving him shit when you don't know anything about the situation. I totally agree that driving drunk is stupid and that people should get in hella trouble for it, but this guy is asking for help regarding the impound lot. Quit tooting your own horns and help him out if you can rather than acting like you are better.
Advertisement
JS1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

you are a BAD boy...
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #28
Certified Troll: Access Removed

Try to steal the car back.

It's a double or nothing type deal.
BD2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Your moms car? are you a new driver? if so you are fucked.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSouL View Post
the car is under your mom's name but who's the primary driver?

i was under the impression that if you're neither the registered owner or primary driver you shouldn't be driving the car?

if you are one or the other you should be able to pick up the car

and if busters insist on being anal probably get your mom to sign and fax
I think you have the wrong information or maybe my insurance rep was giving me the wrong info(doubt it though). I'm pretty sure ANYONE can drive the car IF they have consensus from the owner/primary driver AND their insurance states that anyone can drive it(which is usually the case unless they have the "Class 5 only" restriction. Granted they have a valid BC DL.

I know cause I asked @ this thread, http://www.revscene.net/forums/drivi...r-t593794.html

PS: It's not me lol unless his mom drives a 100k+ car

Why did his car get impounded anyways? Is it because hes not the owner/primary driver or is it because he was drunk(DUI) or both? I haven't gotten pulled over yet *knock on wood* and it'd be gay if they impounded my friends car if I'm just driving it and not breaking any laws, like speeding or DUI.

Last edited by JulyZerg; 11-02-2009 at 12:00 AM.
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
lol. i remember back when i was 18 i got the car impounded. car was under moms name and i managed to get it out without her finding out. its quite the sneak/long process. haha
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #32
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2m View Post
Long story short, my license was suspended for 12hrs and my car was impounded for DUI.
Do tell your 'long story'. RS isn't going anywhere.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

just be glad that u didnt kill anyone
TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #34
a2m
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

let me clear this up. im a N driver and i blew .9. i was fine to drive but i got pulled over for a random check. the fact that my face was red, gave it away. the officer gave me a fail to display N ticket and called the towtruck. i know im a N driver and shouldnt have any alcohol in my system. i have learned my lesson.

anyways, i already have a signed authorization letter and a picture of my mothers license; which i have faxed to them but for the third time they said i was misinformed because i apparently need the registered owner (my mother) to come and claim it.

any HELP would be much appreciated. i work full-time and go to school as well. it costs $21.50 each day my car is there

Last edited by a2m; 11-02-2009 at 12:56 AM.
a2m is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #35
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
let me clear this up. im a N driver and i blew .9. i was fine to drive but i got pulled over for a random check. the fact that my face was red, gave it away. the officer gave me a fail to display N ticket and called the towtruck. i know im a N driver and shouldnt have any alcohol in my system. i have learned my lesson.

anyways, i already have a signed authorization letter and a picture of my mothers license; which i have faxed to them but for the third time they said i was misinformed because i apparently need the registered owner (my mother) to come and claim it.
damn no N sign = -3 points
+ DUI , be prepared to receive a letter 3 - 5 months down the road, for license suspension

TSS x Revscene Track Day Organizer

1991 Formula Red NSX - 3.2L ITB
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #36
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:

any HELP would be much appreciated. i work full-time and go to school as well. it costs $21.50 each day my car is there
I think you mean .09 cuz .9 is huge.. haha

Either way you are gonna end up losing your license for a year and most likely get a pretty big fine too..

I believe anything under .08 they will most likely just give you a 24 hour.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:

21.50 is a small fee for being a dumbass driver. u deserve it, i wish it would cost you even more so you can feel the burn.

bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #38
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Maybe try to get your father to help you get the car back. Argue that this is your parent's car and your mom decided to register it under her name because she has the most discount. I'm just throwing it out there. *shrug*

So what have we learned here today:

1. DO NOT DUI. EVER.
2. If you do get the car impounded again, do not post on RS because you will get burned.
3. I bet you're Chinese. Face getting red easily, mom's insurance. So its about time to grow up and save money for your own insurance. I kinda have a feeling this is a Mercedes too, so therefore you should downgrade to a Japanese car, insurance is relatively cheaper. Also, girls wont be digging you just for your gold.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #39
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
let me clear this up. im a N driver and i blew .9. i was fine to drive but i got pulled over for a random check.
Uhh... no. You're an N driver, and NO ALCOHOL AT ALL means you're OK to drive.

What surprises me the most... is that there's a post like this every few months on RS. Don't any of you N drivers learn from others mistakes? You're all so fucking stupid.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #40
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

.08 is legal limit so you blew over that I would have a little more sympathy for you if you blew under the .08 and got suspended because of your N but dumbasses like you should not be on the road. Even if you had your full license you would still get the suspension becausae you were over legal limit. Look forward to a long suspension and a large fine down the road and hopefully the cops pursue charges.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #41
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3seriesBeeM View Post
.08 is legal limit so you blew over that I would have a little more sympathy for you if you blew under the .08 and got suspended because of your N but dumbasses like you should not be on the road. Even if you had your full license you would still get the suspension becausae you were over legal limit. Look forward to a long suspension and a large fine down the road and hopefully the cops pursue charges.
holy run-on sentences, Batman. That was so hard to read. I've got a headache now.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #42

Blowing over 0.05 is a 24h suspension. Blowing 0.08 is a DUI which is a criminal charge. Sorry buddy, you may have learned your lesson, but the whopping from your mother and ICBC are coming down the pipe for you. 0.09 is a LOT. I once drove while "feeling buzzed" (back in tha day) and blew only 0.021. By 0.04 I probably wouldn't be able to walk straight.

It's strange how you need your mother to pick it up directly. Maybe you can call your mom at the impound office and have the guy speak to her directly? I would try this if they actually stop you at the impound office.

I had my company car (not owned/insured/registered by me) impounded once. Just walked in, showed, my DL, paid up, and picked up the car. Not sure why they're giving you so much hassle.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #43
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
3. I bet you're Chinese. Face getting red easily, mom's insurance. So its about time to grow up and save money for your own insurance. I kinda have a feeling this is a Mercedes too, so therefore you should downgrade to a Japanese car, insurance is relatively cheaper. Also, girls wont be digging you just for your gold.
I wonder how many girls walked out of his car just because he got pulled over and cried for his mom....

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
elkayem is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #44

You are a fucking douchebag, this is why my neighbour's son died.

I dont care if you only had 1 beer or how ever many...

There is a rule why how much you are allowed to drink.

DIAF
Jeffield is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkayem View Post
I wonder how many girls walked out of his car just because he got pulled over and cried for his mom....
The sad truth is, I'd imagine the number is 0 if the girls are Honger..
Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #46
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
The story makes no sense. The machine they use at the side of the road doesn't show you the BAC reading. The only way you can find out your true BAC reading is if you're arrested and you blow into the machine at the police station.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
The story makes no sense. The machine they use at the side of the road doesn't show you the BAC reading. The only way you can find out your true BAC reading is if you're arrested and you blow into the machine at the police station.
There may be several models in use out there. The one I blew into had a small red LED readout.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #48
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
It has a readout, but from what I remember, it only shows numbers if you blow under 0.05. Anything above will only show a warn light, and a fail light. That's how the units are setup.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #49
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Dude, they're just being douches cuz your a kid and they wanna take advantage of you. Just go yell at them a bunch and they'll give you your car back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffield View Post
You are a fucking douchebag, this is why my neighbour's son died.
So did my friend I graduated with 2 years ago. He passed away a few weeks ago. What's your point?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

well. as long as you've learned your lesson.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: