REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Help: Fine Dining + Small children. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/594779-help-fine-dining-small-children.html)

Domani 11-01-2009 06:22 PM

Help: Fine Dining + Small children.

Hi Guys and Gals, need some ideas.

My anniversary with my wife is coming up at the end of the year, what's diff this year is that we will have a one year old that is going to join us :) Rather than having a baby sitter or dropping her off at friend / relative's I want her to join us.

Therefore I am looking for some ideas of good dinner in DT area that prob won't mind a 1 year old at the table.

Thanks guys.

StealthFighter 11-02-2009 02:17 PM

I would honestly get a babysitter. Your baby isn't going to appreciate the dinner and if your baby starts crying, it ruins the mood for you and the other people at the restaurant.

Go ahead and bring your baby to somewhere casual, but for fine dining and an anniversary, I would leave the child at home and make the dinner about you and your wife.

I've worked in "fine dining" where some people bring their children and they start crying, I can see other people getting pissed off because are trying to enjoy their night out.

Go do something as a family in the day time, then go have your dinner and night out.

Plus most fine dining places don't really cater to children anyways.

ilvtofu 11-02-2009 02:48 PM

^he speaks the truth, if you're looking for a romantic anniversary leave the baby somewhere else

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! 11-02-2009 07:54 PM

I'd have to agree with the above posts. Those who want to spend the money on a night out probably will get pretty annoyed should your one year old cry through the course of your dinner as it disrupts other people's experiences.

With that said, what is YOUR idea of fine dining? Do you have a budget or a particular cuisine in mind?

Domani 11-02-2009 09:54 PM

Totally understand where you guys are coming from. I waited at a restaurant before too. I am thinking a place that is more busy and loud, hence i m eyeing the cannery, what do you guys think?

PBJT: i m thinking sea food, 50-60 or so

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! 11-02-2009 10:37 PM

In that case, may I suggest Watermark by Kits beach? the view is really quite nice, though now it may be a little too cold to go play out on the beach, but you guys can always go for a walk along there w/ a stroller after dinner?

Here's the link to their dinner menu. Let me know if this is somewhat in line with what you're looking for. http://www.watermarkrestaurant.ca/dinner

it's not like this place is one of those super quiet places either, and I believe they section off areas for family's as this restaurant is in a two story building.

Gumby 11-03-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domani (Post 6665087)
Totally understand where you guys are coming from. I waited at a restaurant before too. I am thinking a place that is more busy and loud, hence i m eyeing the cannery, what do you guys think?

PBJT: i m thinking sea food, 50-60 or so

Interesting... I have a 19 month old and we really have to plan ahead if the wife and I want to go out for a nice dinner, so we're in the same boat.

I was at the Cannery in October (left the son with grandma), and noticed that the bottom floor was more noisy and had kids, while we sat upstairs (all adults). I think the three of you could go to the Cannery - go now while they're still open!

Domani 11-03-2009 02:35 PM

Great I will def look into the watermark and thanks gumby for the heads up!
Posted via RS Mobile

!SG 11-03-2009 02:37 PM

call ahead to the restaurant to see if they can accomodate.

i remember going to a pretty fancy french restaurant with my aunt & uncle and 2 nieces. the place was more than welcoming to my 2 nieces and even made special menus for them.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! 11-03-2009 09:08 PM

pleasure to be of service, let us know how it goes!