REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #1

Help: Fine Dining + Small children.

Hi Guys and Gals, need some ideas.

My anniversary with my wife is coming up at the end of the year, what's diff this year is that we will have a one year old that is going to join us Rather than having a baby sitter or dropping her off at friend / relative's I want her to join us.

Therefore I am looking for some ideas of good dinner in DT area that prob won't mind a 1 year old at the table.

Thanks guys.
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I would honestly get a babysitter. Your baby isn't going to appreciate the dinner and if your baby starts crying, it ruins the mood for you and the other people at the restaurant.

Go ahead and bring your baby to somewhere casual, but for fine dining and an anniversary, I would leave the child at home and make the dinner about you and your wife.

I've worked in "fine dining" where some people bring their children and they start crying, I can see other people getting pissed off because are trying to enjoy their night out.

Go do something as a family in the day time, then go have your dinner and night out.

Plus most fine dining places don't really cater to children anyways.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 7,968 Times in 1,234 Posts
^he speaks the truth, if you're looking for a romantic anniversary leave the baby somewhere else

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat!

I'd have to agree with the above posts. Those who want to spend the money on a night out probably will get pretty annoyed should your one year old cry through the course of your dinner as it disrupts other people's experiences.

With that said, what is YOUR idea of fine dining? Do you have a budget or a particular cuisine in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this aint mcdonalds, smiles aren't free.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #5

Totally understand where you guys are coming from. I waited at a restaurant before too. I am thinking a place that is more busy and loud, hence i m eyeing the cannery, what do you guys think?

PBJT: i m thinking sea food, 50-60 or so
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #6

In that case, may I suggest Watermark by Kits beach? the view is really quite nice, though now it may be a little too cold to go play out on the beach, but you guys can always go for a walk along there w/ a stroller after dinner?

Here's the link to their dinner menu. Let me know if this is somewhat in line with what you're looking for. http://www.watermarkrestaurant.ca/dinner

it's not like this place is one of those super quiet places either, and I believe they section off areas for family's as this restaurant is in a two story building.

Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domani View Post
Totally understand where you guys are coming from. I waited at a restaurant before too. I am thinking a place that is more busy and loud, hence i m eyeing the cannery, what do you guys think?

PBJT: i m thinking sea food, 50-60 or so
Interesting... I have a 19 month old and we really have to plan ahead if the wife and I want to go out for a nice dinner, so we're in the same boat.

I was at the Cannery in October (left the son with grandma), and noticed that the bottom floor was more noisy and had kids, while we sat upstairs (all adults). I think the three of you could go to the Cannery - go now while they're still open!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #8

Great I will def look into the watermark and thanks gumby for the heads up!
Posted via RS Mobile
Domani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,177 Times in 614 Posts
call ahead to the restaurant to see if they can accomodate.

i remember going to a pretty fancy french restaurant with my aunt & uncle and 2 nieces. the place was more than welcoming to my 2 nieces and even made special menus for them.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
REV Competition | JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Drive Hard Performance | the Blackmarkers Clothing | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #10

pleasure to be of service, let us know how it goes!

Quote: