REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 11-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
I don't get it

What Happened with Downtown Autospa?

I had a prepaid detailing and tint certificate with them. I know they used to be revscene sponsors. Their website doesn't work, and no one picks up the phone when I try the number. Does anyone know if they went under?
Advertisement
ryan9939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
I don't get it

Doing a little research, it looks like a company called Showroom Autospa is now in the location of the old downtown autospa. Is this the same company with a new name?
Old 11-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
do a quick search here on RS for downtown auto spa.. you may not like what you'll find.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Tech Team Mod

They only do clear film installs now, and changed names to Vancouver Clear Bra.

Looks like their web site is now suspended: http://www.vancouverclearbra.com/

Hmm
Rated B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated B View Post

Hmm
they really don't know how to run a business do they? haha on a side note, when DAS was around they did a clear bra install on one of the family cars...I found the installers hair underneath it
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanS View Post
they really don't know how to run a business do they? haha on a side note, when DAS was around they did a clear bra install on one of the family cars...I found the installers hair underneath it
ewww
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
I don't get it

Quote:

Hmm
Is there anyway to find out if these companies are privately owned and operated or if they're incorporated? I believe the owners were Jurgen and Sara? Am I correct?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
Tech Team Mod

Correct.

Not sure if they were sole proprieter or incorporated... Are you asking because of liability?
Rated B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #9
I don't get it

Quote:
Correct.

Not sure if they were sole proprieter or incorporated... Are you asking because of liability?
I'm asking because I want to get my money back or services performed for the prepaid vouchers I have from them.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
They shut down because they didn't know how to treat their customers and did a crappy job. I had one minor job done by DAS a few years ago when they first opened and when there was only the two owners. I came in at 9am, it was a minor buff job so I decided to stick around. I walked to the back and decided to stand around my car and watch the guy buff because there was no waiting area when they first opened up. I'm standing around, minding my own business and the guy owner tells me to stand outside. Ok, no big deal so I stand outside and he tells me I can't stand outside the shop door because it's "unsafe". I was like wtf, so where do you want me to go? He tells me to go for a walk around the block. The lady was actually nice and said it was ok if I stood around.

I gave them the exact amount, no tip. The look on their face was priceless but that's what you get for rude service and job wasn't even that good. I had to wax the entire area when I got home. I'm glad they went out of business, others members also had issues with them and they would always blame the customer. Good luck recovering your money and I'm not been sarcastic, I really mean that.

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 11-05-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Bump up an old thread.

Now that Downtown Auto Spa's gone, are there any places that you guys would recommend for a basic wax job done? That, or my brother's just going to go with Audi's own detail job for (I think around) $130.

Thanks!
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Ken @ autowerkes..

911fanatic on here. Look through his threads and see his work
bad5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #13
Need to Seek Professional Help

Most of our packages are 30% off right now as well. Have a look at my website under detailing services and give me a call or pm if you have any questions.

Ken
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

yess downtown auto spa went out to business a while back. now there is a shop at the same location called Showroom Auto Spa with new management. which is where i work. We took over the location about 3 years ago. the owners Jurgen and Sara went on to do only clear bra and film afterwards under the name vancouver clear bra. That is as much as i can say about this. also as for your gift certificate, you might as well throw it out.

-Aj
1993EG is offline   Reply With Quote