REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Delayed sleep phase syndrome (https://www.revscene.net/forums/595208-delayed-sleep-phase-syndrome.html)

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-05-2009 09:16 AM

Delayed sleep phase syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_syndrome

I can't help to think someone was living with me for the past 10 years (more so the past 3 years to the extreme), then decided to write this wikipedia article and disguise it as some syndrome as a joke.

it takes 10 years to finally stumble across this piece of information on the net, right before I sleep, to find out, that there is actually something wrong with me. life is great.

discuss.

stotch 11-05-2009 08:10 PM

I'm pretty sure I have this too, the symptoms read like the story of my nights. At 17 I became a big time stoner and the hardest part of quitting the weed was trying to go to sleep. I smoked weed every night before bed until I started working graveyard shifts then I smoked weed in the morning to go to sleep. Recently I quit weed and graveyards and now my sleep pattern sucks balls.

I have also tried melatonin that really did nothing at all, and its kinda nasty eating the powdered pineal gland of a cow even if it is inside a gel-cap.

Intresting how one of the treatments listed in the article is smoking weed . . . maybe i'll go back to that, it honestly worked fucking wonders. The only problem is sometimes I'd get to bed and be starving and end up going downstairs and munching out bigtime.

liu13 11-05-2009 08:52 PM

have a drink when you cant sleep, something hard

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-05-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stotch (Post 6670194)
I'm pretty sure I have this too, the symptoms read like the story of my nights. At 17 I became a big time stoner and the hardest part of quitting the weed was trying to go to sleep. I smoked weed every night before bed until I started working graveyard shifts then I smoked weed in the morning to go to sleep. Recently I quit weed and graveyards and now my sleep pattern sucks balls.

I have also tried melatonin that really did nothing at all, and its kinda nasty eating the powdered pineal gland of a cow even if it is inside a gel-cap.

Intresting how one of the treatments listed in the article is smoking weed . . . maybe i'll go back to that, it honestly worked fucking wonders. The only problem is sometimes I'd get to bed and be starving and end up going downstairs and munching out bigtime.

lol yeah, i developed this around the same age, but just cuz i started to stay up later and later doing homework or playing video games or some shit, and it just became the norm.

I've recently used melatonin, it works, sorta, pop it like 30-1 hour before u sleep, i start feeling weird/drowsy, but i usually end up popping these at like 4-5am so i don't go to bed at 8am or something like that.

it's weird, it's just like as soon as it's "night" my brain just goes nuts and is hyperactive, all my thoughts are clearer, i work better, i have better overall morale, creativity and just a better mood.

I always toss and turn for an hour before i fall asleep, unless i'm exhausted (nodding my head every 5 seconds), which is the only way i can fall asleep right away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6670282)
have a drink when you cant sleep, something hard

we can't be drinking every night, that would make us total alcoholics, relying on alcohol to sleep.

El Bastardo 11-06-2009 12:07 AM

I'm in the same boat. I was officially "diagnosed" last week.

The doc told me most of what has been said in this thread. He also recommended manipulating my body by trying some intense exercise in the early evening so the body "crashes" about 5 hours later for a sound night's sleep.

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-06-2009 04:47 AM

yeah? you actually went to the doctor and he knew about this shit? I was considering but then I thought maybe doctors don't really take this shit seriously or whatever.

so basically we're fucking vampires but without all the cool powers, aka, socially fucked up.

Renxo 11-06-2009 05:17 AM

lol this is actually a real problem ....i'm still not tired ffs...

El Bastardo 11-06-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6670745)
yeah? you actually went to the doctor and he knew about this shit? I was considering but then I thought maybe doctors don't really take this shit seriously or whatever.

so basically we're fucking vampires but without all the cool powers, aka, socially fucked up.

"Midnight is our noon"

The doctor said that it occurs primarily in teenagers but it is known to happen to grown folks too....

...and vampires

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-06-2009 06:39 PM

...Midnight is our noon

it's weird now, I sometimes don't even see day light anymore. well, i usually do, that's my sign to go to sleep. haha but when i wake up it's all fucking dark lol

Vansterdam 11-06-2009 11:25 PM

you need to smoke a joint

and were in the same boat man lol

i sleep around 7-8am and wake up around 5pm

i dont see the sun no more LOL

MyPresIzBlack 11-09-2009 12:57 AM

Ive been like you guys recently, but i think thats only because ive been playing alot of poker late at night and its switched my hours around..

Been going to bed around 6-7 am after getting home from poker at 5 or whatever. Then Id sleep will 4 maybe 5pm the next day and the sun would already be almost gone!

Its fucking odd when you go to bed just before the sun rises, and you wake up just before the sun sets!

to0n 11-26-2009 03:49 AM

the unemployed get this.

TOPEC 11-26-2009 06:27 AM

seems like ur not the only one
i am currently up cause i couldn't fal asleep since 2am, been rolling in bed till 5 trying to sleep but couldnt fall asleep. worst is i have class all day long...
it seems like this has started happening within the last week or two, wonder if the weather has anything to do with this.