REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Delayed sleep phase syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_syndrome

I can't help to think someone was living with me for the past 10 years (more so the past 3 years to the extreme), then decided to write this wikipedia article and disguise it as some syndrome as a joke.

it takes 10 years to finally stumble across this piece of information on the net, right before I sleep, to find out, that there is actually something wrong with me. life is great.

discuss.

Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

I'm pretty sure I have this too, the symptoms read like the story of my nights. At 17 I became a big time stoner and the hardest part of quitting the weed was trying to go to sleep. I smoked weed every night before bed until I started working graveyard shifts then I smoked weed in the morning to go to sleep. Recently I quit weed and graveyards and now my sleep pattern sucks balls.

I have also tried melatonin that really did nothing at all, and its kinda nasty eating the powdered pineal gland of a cow even if it is inside a gel-cap.

Intresting how one of the treatments listed in the article is smoking weed . . . maybe i'll go back to that, it honestly worked fucking wonders. The only problem is sometimes I'd get to bed and be starving and end up going downstairs and munching out bigtime.
stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

have a drink when you cant sleep, something hard
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by stotch View Post
I'm pretty sure I have this too, the symptoms read like the story of my nights. At 17 I became a big time stoner and the hardest part of quitting the weed was trying to go to sleep. I smoked weed every night before bed until I started working graveyard shifts then I smoked weed in the morning to go to sleep. Recently I quit weed and graveyards and now my sleep pattern sucks balls.

I have also tried melatonin that really did nothing at all, and its kinda nasty eating the powdered pineal gland of a cow even if it is inside a gel-cap.

Intresting how one of the treatments listed in the article is smoking weed . . . maybe i'll go back to that, it honestly worked fucking wonders. The only problem is sometimes I'd get to bed and be starving and end up going downstairs and munching out bigtime.
lol yeah, i developed this around the same age, but just cuz i started to stay up later and later doing homework or playing video games or some shit, and it just became the norm.

I've recently used melatonin, it works, sorta, pop it like 30-1 hour before u sleep, i start feeling weird/drowsy, but i usually end up popping these at like 4-5am so i don't go to bed at 8am or something like that.

it's weird, it's just like as soon as it's "night" my brain just goes nuts and is hyperactive, all my thoughts are clearer, i work better, i have better overall morale, creativity and just a better mood.

I always toss and turn for an hour before i fall asleep, unless i'm exhausted (nodding my head every 5 seconds), which is the only way i can fall asleep right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
have a drink when you cant sleep, something hard
we can't be drinking every night, that would make us total alcoholics, relying on alcohol to sleep.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I was officially "diagnosed" last week.

The doc told me most of what has been said in this thread. He also recommended manipulating my body by trying some intense exercise in the early evening so the body "crashes" about 5 hours later for a sound night's sleep.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 AM   #6
I keep RS good

yeah? you actually went to the doctor and he knew about this shit? I was considering but then I thought maybe doctors don't really take this shit seriously or whatever.

so basically we're fucking vampires but without all the cool powers, aka, socially fucked up.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:17 AM   #7
RS controls my life!

lol this is actually a real problem ....i'm still not tired ffs...
Renxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yeah? you actually went to the doctor and he knew about this shit? I was considering but then I thought maybe doctors don't really take this shit seriously or whatever.

so basically we're fucking vampires but without all the cool powers, aka, socially fucked up.
"Midnight is our noon"

The doctor said that it occurs primarily in teenagers but it is known to happen to grown folks too....

...and vampires
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
I keep RS good

...Midnight is our noon

it's weird now, I sometimes don't even see day light anymore. well, i usually do, that's my sign to go to sleep. haha but when i wake up it's all fucking dark lol
Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
you need to smoke a joint

and were in the same boat man lol

i sleep around 7-8am and wake up around 5pm

i dont see the sun no more LOL
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Ive been like you guys recently, but i think thats only because ive been playing alot of poker late at night and its switched my hours around..

Been going to bed around 6-7 am after getting home from poker at 5 or whatever. Then Id sleep will 4 maybe 5pm the next day and the sun would already be almost gone!

Its fucking odd when you go to bed just before the sun rises, and you wake up just before the sun sets!
MyPresIzBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:49 AM   #12
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

the unemployed get this.
to0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #13
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
seems like ur not the only one
i am currently up cause i couldn't fal asleep since 2am, been rolling in bed till 5 trying to sleep but couldnt fall asleep. worst is i have class all day long...
it seems like this has started happening within the last week or two, wonder if the weather has anything to do with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote