REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Question about 5-lug adapters (https://www.revscene.net/forums/595443-question-about-5-lug-adapters.html)

CL_S 11-07-2009 01:01 PM

Question about 5-lug adapters

Thinking about getting 5 lug adapters for my civic instead of the 4X100 it currently has. Question...Are there any out there that would be safe...Thinking bout this route as a possible cheaper alternative than doing the 5 lug hub conversion. Would it be safe and ok in terms of handling and also If I did bigger brakes and such? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

!SG 11-07-2009 03:14 PM

the only ones i know about are project kics. they are a japanese brand.

the only real reason to do so is because you want to run 5 bolt pattern rims.

otherwise, do a 5 bolt conversion is safest. they are safe so long as u install right, and ur not running something like 500whp.

!Aznboi128 11-07-2009 06:53 PM

overall if you wanna get 5 lug for rims, best and safest thing to do is to do a 5 lug conversion, generally wont cost you too much and its worth it for the wide variety of rims available @ 5 x 114.3

!SG 11-07-2009 07:30 PM

it costs enough.

i think with hondas, the rear hubs have to be changed as a whole assembly. and abs sensors might need to be changed as well depending on how old the car is.

fronts is just new front hub and u done! then the braking components, eg if u can find a rotor that is same overall size and width, but that is meant for 5 bolt..

id say all n all, a grand if not more to have it properly done, not including labour

Lowered_Klass 11-08-2009 09:06 AM

Any reason why you want to swtich? 4x100 is so popular that you should have no issues finding that pattern in a wheel you like... but if you're dead set on switching, I would do it right and do the proper converstion.

Puck Luck 11-10-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6672910)
fronts is just new front hub and u done! then the braking components, eg if u can find a rotor that is same overall size and width, but that is meant for 5 bolt..

I think anything with a 5 stud hub uses a larger outer cv joint. (32mm axle nut for civic, 36mm nut for others)
but the 06 civic is a 5 bolt and may still use 32mm nut. I'll have to check when i go back to work thurs.

CL_S 11-16-2009 02:53 PM

Posted via RS Mobile

CL_S 11-16-2009 02:59 PM

Hmm ok well if it's going to cost over a thousand I am better to do the whole swAp. Reason I want to do it is for better braking system as well as rim selection. It is an eg by the way. On another similar note...you guys have any suggestions where to get hub swap aside from Mitchel island? Also does the swap come with the calipers and abs sensors? Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

lexluthor09 11-16-2009 06:18 PM

For an EG just get the whole swap. For your car, you can use anything from an ITR to the JDM counterparts that come in 5 lug.

i got mine for about 1g from someone here. that included calipers, rotors, upper lower control arms, trailing arms ebrake cables and lines still intact. (the sensor should be on your end of the car)

The 36mm is used for the bigger 5 bolt patterns such as preludes and CRV and JDM type R. 5 Lug from a CTR will be a 32mm. Your options for the 5 lug weren't that many to begin with.

Better braking system? Put Acura Legend calipers on it. =P I've also heard of people throwing on NSX calipers with modifications of course.