REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 11-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Question about 5-lug adapters

Thinking about getting 5 lug adapters for my civic instead of the 4X100 it currently has. Question...Are there any out there that would be safe...Thinking bout this route as a possible cheaper alternative than doing the 5 lug hub conversion. Would it be safe and ok in terms of handling and also If I did bigger brakes and such? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Advertisement
CL_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
the only ones i know about are project kics. they are a japanese brand.

the only real reason to do so is because you want to run 5 bolt pattern rims.

otherwise, do a 5 bolt conversion is safest. they are safe so long as u install right, and ur not running something like 500whp.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
overall if you wanna get 5 lug for rims, best and safest thing to do is to do a 5 lug conversion, generally wont cost you too much and its worth it for the wide variety of rims available @ 5 x 114.3
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
it costs enough.

i think with hondas, the rear hubs have to be changed as a whole assembly. and abs sensors might need to be changed as well depending on how old the car is.

fronts is just new front hub and u done! then the braking components, eg if u can find a rotor that is same overall size and width, but that is meant for 5 bolt..

id say all n all, a grand if not more to have it properly done, not including labour

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Any reason why you want to swtich? 4x100 is so popular that you should have no issues finding that pattern in a wheel you like... but if you're dead set on switching, I would do it right and do the proper converstion.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
fronts is just new front hub and u done! then the braking components, eg if u can find a rotor that is same overall size and width, but that is meant for 5 bolt..
I think anything with a 5 stud hub uses a larger outer cv joint. (32mm axle nut for civic, 36mm nut for others)
but the 06 civic is a 5 bolt and may still use 32mm nut. I'll have to check when i go back to work thurs.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #7

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #8

Hmm ok well if it's going to cost over a thousand I am better to do the whole swAp. Reason I want to do it is for better braking system as well as rim selection. It is an eg by the way. On another similar note...you guys have any suggestions where to get hub swap aside from Mitchel island? Also does the swap come with the calipers and abs sensors? Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

For an EG just get the whole swap. For your car, you can use anything from an ITR to the JDM counterparts that come in 5 lug.

i got mine for about 1g from someone here. that included calipers, rotors, upper lower control arms, trailing arms ebrake cables and lines still intact. (the sensor should be on your end of the car)

The 36mm is used for the bigger 5 bolt patterns such as preludes and CRV and JDM type R. 5 Lug from a CTR will be a 32mm. Your options for the 5 lug weren't that many to begin with.

Better braking system? Put Acura Legend calipers on it. =P I've also heard of people throwing on NSX calipers with modifications of course.
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote