REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Crowtservo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 622
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Self quoting movie titles

http://videogum.com/archives/supercu..._o_099461.html

Pretty funny. Generally I hate movies that quote their own title at some point.

Can you guys think of any they missed?

Independence Day comes to mind.
Advertisement
Crowtservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
Heres a more difficult game....how about finding movies that DIDN'T quote the movie title during the movie!!
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,803
Thanked 91 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Heres a more difficult game....how about finding movies that DIDN'T quote the movie title during the movie!!
Hotel Rwanda
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,936
Thanked 233 Times in 129 Posts
no country for old men
there will be bloodlost in translation
american beauty
american psycho
american virgin
dazed and confused and i can go on
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Crowtservo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 622
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Heres a more difficult game....how about finding movies that DIDN'T quote the movie title during the movie!!
Really?? I find it doesn't happen that often and I watch way too many movies.
Crowtservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evylldemon View Post
Really?? I find it doesn't happen that often and I watch way too many movies.
You don't notice it because the title itself has so much significance to the movie, the movie can't be made without saying the title.....like any movie thats named after a character, place, etc.

Try to re-do Fight Club, Australia, or Titanic without quoting the title....

While many people can name a lot of movies where the title isn't truly signficant to the movie, theres really not that many movies out there where the title of the movie ISN'T significant to the plot of the movie in comparison to those which are.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Crowtservo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 622
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
You don't notice it because the title itself has so much significance to the movie, the movie can't be made without saying the title.....like any movie thats named after a character, place, etc.

Try to re-do Fight Club, Australia, or Titanic without quoting the title....

While many people can name a lot of movies where the title isn't truly signficant to the movie, theres really not that many movies out there where the title of the movie ISN'T significant to the plot of the movie in comparison to those which are.
Very true, I didn't really consider movie titles where it's character's name or places or obvious subjects that will obviously come up in the movie.

The one's that make my eyes roll and are funny to hear quoted in the movie are the ones that are cliches or really obscure references that seem like they are thrown in for no other reason than to say the title of the movie (like many of the ones portrayed in the video)
Crowtservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
^^ Yes...one of the movies you speak of did a blatant mockery of cliche quotes of movie titles within the movie...Walk Hard.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,810
Thanked 4,498 Times in 1,516 Posts
step bros
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #10
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Posts: 6,747
Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evylldemon View Post
The one's that make my eyes roll and are funny to hear quoted in the movie are the ones that are cliches or really obscure references that seem like they are thrown in for no other reason than to say the title of the movie (like many of the ones portrayed in the video)
Kind of like James Bond movies?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net