REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
The puddles/car pwnage point warning thread

Since so many people randomly run into super deep puddles and spin out and hit black ice every year it seems to make sense to have one of these threads here. Now that we have google street view it only makes this kind of thread even easier to use than ever!

I'll start a standard so you guys can follow:

November 10th, 2009 2:00am
1. Marine Way x Keystone St
Large puddle in the middle of the road, one Caravan already broken down from running through the puddle, West bound traffic still ok at this point, but East bound traffic must use West bound lane to get around. City worker (yes no "s" only 1) is working on the drainage with a Dodge Ram parked on the West bound lane with hazards to warn other drivers.

2. Knight Street x Cambie flyover
Multiple deep puddles on the fast lane South bound, will send car flying if you hit it at day time dry speed.

If you see any sudden development of situation please reply below? Would help other lowered cars drivers to avoid some body damage / hydrolocking / other really expensive damages from running into deep puddles / broken roads / black ice.

It would be nice to keep a thread like this alive somewhere.

on nights like tonight would be really important for you to report them as you see them.
Advertisement

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi

Last edited by hk20000; 11-10-2009 at 06:58 AM.
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Its not even Nov 11 yet, FAIL
Old 11-10-2009, 04:02 AM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Saw a couple pretty deep puddles westbound on 41st and Knight just by duffin donut, infront of the bus stop. Was driving home my friend around 11:50pm and i was thankful that the light had turn red. The bus slowly left the bus stop and still created a pretty huge splash and same with a truck. You can avoid the bigger puddle by using the westbound center lane.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&cli...76.18,,0,16.82

Last edited by lilkulit; 11-10-2009 at 02:48 PM.
lilkulit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:41 AM   #4
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Car will not scrape if you aren't fat.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 AM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I was out last night just before midnight, 2 spots I noticed were:

1. North bound curb lane of Willingdon Ave, just before the Chevron station @ Canada Way

2. Both east bound lanes of Canada way just after Willingdon Ave! HUGE puddle, or a mini-swimming pool.

BTW, don't forget that driving into a puddle that causes damage to your car is considered a collision claim by ICBC and is not comprehensive. So if you see a puddle that looks too high, don't drive through it!
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
boundary rd between lougheed and hastings. stay out of the fast lanes both north/south. there is a lot of standing water as of 5am this morning. there was a honda floating in one of the lakes that formed there (near the ambulance station) that a wrecker was trying to fish out.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #7

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
yeah none of that fat chick scrape stuff like DEEP FACTORY HEIGHT CAR EATING puddles are what I'm looking for here.

Also try to get a google map streetview link on basically "looking at the puddle" so it's got a link for people who remembers better looking at the map than remembering...."where was that puddle again? 41st and eeerrrr errrr oh shit *splash* *engine stalls*"

Any little bit helps, we are auto enthusiasts helping each other out right?

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #8
Banned (BBM)

saw 3 HUGEEEEEEE swimming pool size this morning..its insane

than again lsat night around 11pm it was pissing rain outside
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #9

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Doubt very many people go here because of the Richmond bubble phenomenon. Some people I dare say will bring a passport when venturing this far away from downtown Richmond.

Theres a big puddle on Westminster Hwy, just passed Fraserwood Pl. Going eastbound. Right after you passed the Toyota warehouse.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I'ma put a snorkel on my car..