REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   question about burn outs. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/595867-question-about-burn-outs.html)

c32 11-11-2009 01:23 AM

question about burn outs.

this is gona sound stupid but.... i wanna make use of my old tires befor i get some new ones... my car is not fast at all so im sure there will be no marks on the roads.. ill be doing it on wet pavement... could i possible get a ticket for doing some donuts? if so what would the ticket be for? points? ticket price? lemme know thx

TypeRNammer 11-11-2009 05:38 AM

Driving without Consideration

6 points

Wanna try your luck?

c32 11-11-2009 06:45 AM

is it still considered driving wihout consideration if it was late at night with no cars around and no ppl around? and no houses around?

SumAznGuy 11-11-2009 06:58 AM

If I fart in your face and if I fart in a room with no one else, would the fart still smell the same?

Just remember, it's only illegal if you get caught. ;)

underscore 11-11-2009 07:27 AM

depending on who finds you it could be Drive Without Consideration or Stunting. I think burnouts fall under Stunting but if there's anything you could possibly hit then donuts might get your DWC.

skidmark 11-11-2009 07:43 AM

Stunting is an Alberta rule that has no equivalent in BC.

You would also face a charge of loud and unnecessary noise, 7A.01 MVAR.

ilvtofu 11-11-2009 08:21 PM

Unless you're an idiot though, chances of you getting caught should be very slim, obviously not a good idea to do under surveillance so watch out where u are

TOS'd 11-11-2009 08:35 PM

What if you did donuts on your private property?

zulutango 11-12-2009 06:20 AM

If is was not a "highway" as defined by all Acts & Regs in BC, then MV Act charges could not apply as they have to happen on a "highway". Better be 1000% sure it is NOT a "highway" though. If some crash happens though you could be looking at criminal neg. charges as you don't need a highway for that...also Civil law troubles.

highway" includes

(a) every highway within the meaning of the Transportation Act,

(b) every road, street, lane or right of way designed or intended for or used by the general public for the passage of vehicles, and

(c) every private place or passageway to which the public, for the purpose of the parking or servicing of vehicles, has access or is invited,

but does not include an industrial road;

Careless driving prohibited
144 (1) A person must not drive a motor vehicle on a highway

(a) without due care and attention,

(b) without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway, or

(c) at a speed that is excessive relative to the road, traffic, visibility or weather conditions

tonyvu 11-12-2009 08:48 AM

buddy of mine got a ticket for doing a burnout, was something like driving without consideration and noise pollution

seekerbeta 11-12-2009 10:08 AM

just hold off.... if you want to... in june in Cache Creek they have a Burnout Contest... You could go there and roast them till they blow... and no issues...

skidmark 11-12-2009 04:31 PM

As long as you don't bother the neighbours with the noise and aren't liquored up when you do it, I can't think why you shouldn't....

seekerbeta 11-30-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6680532)
As long as you don't bother the neighbours with the noise and aren't liquored up when you do it, I can't think why you shouldn't....

i cant tell if your being sarcastic, or serious

falcon 12-01-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phucmang (Post 6678389)
is it still considered driving wihout consideration if it was late at night with no cars around and no ppl around? and no houses around?

put it this way, I did 3 donuts in my RX7 at 3AM in the EMPTY mall parkinglot in Kelowna and got the 6pt ticket.

won't make that mistake again.

taylor192 12-02-2009 01:24 PM

I guess this is harder in Vancouver cause housing is so close to everything. In Ottawa it was really easy to find industrial areas with no houses, so if you're doing burnouts late at night there's no-one to call and complain, and likely few cops in the area.

There's not much harm in doing burnouts in empty parking lots, and I'm sure despite the stern warnings from the officers here, that most would just give you a warning if you were polite when you were caught. Afterall, we're all car guys, we've all done burnouts :D

zulutango 12-03-2009 05:08 AM

I wonder if you would appreciate somebody coming onto your driveway when you were not at home and doing burnouts in your yard? I wonder how the owners of the commercial property feel when they find their lots covered in donouts and drift lines?

taylor192 12-03-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 6711463)
I wonder if you would appreciate somebody coming onto your driveway when you were not at home and doing burnouts in your yard? I wonder how the owners of the commercial property feel when they find their lots covered in donouts and drift lines?

Probably about the same as finding puddles of oil eating the pavement from terribly maintained cars of customers - they don't care as long as people spend money.

Kasanova08 12-09-2009 11:59 AM

or you can grow some balls and just do it

jackiebond 12-09-2009 02:24 PM

^ i agree

zulutango 12-09-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6711581)
Probably about the same as finding puddles of oil eating the pavement from terribly maintained cars of customers - they don't care as long as people spend money.

Don't believe that the 2am drifters are customers in spending money at their business?

Mugen EvOlutioN 12-10-2009 07:55 AM

i guess i can do it on my own driveway than lol

jeff_alexander 12-10-2009 01:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9mcvjMoWFg

underscore 12-10-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 6720412)
Don't believe that the 2am drifters are customers in spending money at their business?

I've never heard of drifters shipping anything in containers but I guess I could be wrong.

chris_89T 12-13-2009 01:53 PM

Wow they really define Highway. I assumed that meant public road, but i guess that means 'parking lots too.

Im not sure if your even allowed to do a burnout in your own driveway?

Anyways, ill give you the traditional rant about burnouts. Yes theyre stupid, they cause unneccesary damage to your drivetrain (Clutch, tranny, diff, mounts, tires, brakes), if you get caught expect to get nailed unless the cop is also a fan of burnouts. I have to admit, it is fun once in awhile to leave a nice patch.

Dont be one of those idiots who does them in the middle of public streets while there is traffic. It doesnt really matter who tells you what, if your going to do it your going to do it no matter what, so if you do, be smart about it, use proper judgement, if it seems risky, then dont bother.

If you get caught, dont even try denying it wasnt you when the cop pulls you over and there is still smoke billowing from your wheel wells lol.

AzNightmare 12-20-2009 10:02 PM

Quick Q&A:

Will you get in trouble if the cops catch you doing donuts and/or burnouts: Yes.

Chances of getting caught: Slim. (but no crying on RS when/if you get caught)