REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Costco Spouse Card (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597194-costco-spouse-card.html)

iamon 11-22-2009 12:46 AM

Costco Spouse Card

Here's my situation, I'm looking into signing up for a costco membership, and it includes a spouse card. I was wondering if I could sign up my friend as my spouse and we would split the membership cost. It says that the person must be over 18 and live at the same address. I've read on redflagdeals that people have done it with co-workers but the thread was from 2005. Could anyone let me know if this is possible, and would there be any trouble such as them asking my friend for the address tied to the account or for I.D. that matches the address on file.

TIA

willystyle 11-22-2009 12:57 AM

They will check your friend's DL to verify if that person lives in the same household as the card holder.

saiko 11-22-2009 03:26 AM

Those rules are indeed correct. However, I have had a representative that allowed my gf and I to have spousal cards without the same address.

I guess you can say.. it's not strictly enforced but they do not publicly allow it.. just a certain few that are maybe pushing for commission? They do have a chart in the back offices that state their goals for the month in terms of new members, renewals, and even certain membership sign ups (gold/standard/amex etc..)

Not sure if that helped..

cdizzle_996 11-22-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 6694296)
They will check your friend's DL to verify if that person lives in the same household as the card holder.

Thats not true.

I have a spouse card with my mom. They never compared our adresses, nor do we live in the same city. The only thing she questioned me was how I have a 42 year old mom, and I was 19 at the time.

shimo 11-22-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 (Post 6694410)
Thats not true.

I have a spouse card with my mom. They never compared our adresses, nor do we live in the same city. The only thing she questioned me was how I have a 42 year old mom, and I was 19 at the time.

Depends when you got the card... I don't know when, but they changed the rules to be more stringent..

cdizzle_996 11-22-2009 08:34 AM

It was a year ago.

willystyle 11-23-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 (Post 6694410)
Thats not true.

I went to Costco to obtain my supplementary Executive card last week and was asked if I lived in the same address as the cardholder and I needed to show my DL for verification purposes.

winson604 11-23-2009 05:34 PM

I just got mine about 4 months ago. I live with my gf at an address different from my DL because well I didn't want to get a new DL so never changed the addy on there. When I signed up I told him that and he let me sign up with my gf's address even though I had no ID or anything to prove that.

When my gf went in she simply showed them her ID, got her picture taken and got her card.