REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
I don't get it

Costco Spouse Card

Here's my situation, I'm looking into signing up for a costco membership, and it includes a spouse card. I was wondering if I could sign up my friend as my spouse and we would split the membership cost. It says that the person must be over 18 and live at the same address. I've read on redflagdeals that people have done it with co-workers but the thread was from 2005. Could anyone let me know if this is possible, and would there be any trouble such as them asking my friend for the address tied to the account or for I.D. that matches the address on file.

TIA
Advertisement
iamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

They will check your friend's DL to verify if that person lives in the same household as the card holder.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:26 AM   #3
easy e

Those rules are indeed correct. However, I have had a representative that allowed my gf and I to have spousal cards without the same address.

I guess you can say.. it's not strictly enforced but they do not publicly allow it.. just a certain few that are maybe pushing for commission? They do have a chart in the back offices that state their goals for the month in terms of new members, renewals, and even certain membership sign ups (gold/standard/amex etc..)

Not sure if that helped..
Old 11-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
They will check your friend's DL to verify if that person lives in the same household as the card holder.
Thats not true.

I have a spouse card with my mom. They never compared our adresses, nor do we live in the same city. The only thing she questioned me was how I have a 42 year old mom, and I was 19 at the time.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Thats not true.

I have a spouse card with my mom. They never compared our adresses, nor do we live in the same city. The only thing she questioned me was how I have a 42 year old mom, and I was 19 at the time.
Depends when you got the card... I don't know when, but they changed the rules to be more stringent..
Old 11-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
It was a year ago.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Thats not true.

I went to Costco to obtain my supplementary Executive card last week and was asked if I lived in the same address as the cardholder and I needed to show my DL for verification purposes.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
I just got mine about 4 months ago. I live with my gf at an address different from my DL because well I didn't want to get a new DL so never changed the addy on there. When I signed up I told him that and he let me sign up with my gf's address even though I had no ID or anything to prove that.

When my gf went in she simply showed them her ID, got her picture taken and got her card.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote