REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Do you prefer your SO/GF to be a housewife type of person or a working class? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597454-do-you-prefer-your-so-gf-housewife-type-person-working-class.html)

asian_XL 11-24-2009 12:08 AM

Do you prefer your SO/GF to be a housewife type of person or a working class?

Definition of Housewife: not working or working part time only. Very polite to people. Spend most of the time at home doing house work, maybe cook you food and suck your mean cock when you come home. Hang out with other housewives or highschool female friends. You will have to pay her allowance.

Definition of Working class: work 9-6. Very intelligent and outgoing. Business suit. Get so tired every evening, so neither she like to cook nor suck your dick every night. Lady's night with her co-workers after work sometimes. Buy LVs with her money.

willystyle 11-24-2009 01:21 AM

Do housewives exist in today's economic climate in Vancouver (minus maternity leave)?

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-24-2009 04:36 AM

how about i prefer a female who works until she meets me. then she will serve her real purpose in life, me.

It really depends man, at my age, I wouldn't want a girl that does nothing. However after you get married and have kids, kids are her job.

lol, and in highschool? HAH give me a break man, in highschool i'd just want a chick that plays video games with me, goes party with me, and lets me cheat off her in tests.

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-24-2009 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 6697647)
Do housewives exist in today's economic climate in Vancouver (minus maternity leave)?

uh yeah, there are plenty of mom's that do nothing except for look after the kids and shopping, and cooking, and more shopping.

hotjoint 11-24-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6697584)
Definition of Working class: work 9-6. Very intelligent and outgoing. Business suit. Get so tired every evening, so neither she like to cook nor suck your dick every night. Lady's night with her co-workers after work sometimes. Buy LVs with her money.

Then find a girl that will work business hours, will cook for you and suck your cock the same day ;). These do exist....

freakshow 11-24-2009 12:41 PM

I want a girl who is independent, and relatively self sufficient (although I still like paying for meals), and only starts to stay at home once we have kids. I would rather pay her an "allowance", than pay other people to look after my kids while we both work.

quasi 11-24-2009 02:14 PM

Maybe in a perfect world but in my world we need two incomes to survive. Daycare isn't cheap but my wife staying home is to large of a financial loss for us. If I made enough money to have her stay home I'd be fine with it but unfortunately I don't and I don't really know many people who do. Most of my friends have kids now and almost all of them use daycare and work fulltime, there are a few where their wives work part time though.

Growing up my mom always worked full time, looked after my sister and I and was responsible for all the cooking and cleaning in our house. My dad really didn't do shit around the house except maybe yard work and to this day not a lot has changed. Even now when he gets home from work he snaps his fingers if he wants a cup of coffee. I tried the snap the finger thing but my wife just gave me the bird so ya.....times are a changing.

!Yaminashi 11-24-2009 02:20 PM

I'd want a girl that knows what its like to have to work a regular 9-5 job for her money

freakshow 11-24-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 6698304)
My dad really didn't do shit around the house except maybe yard work and to this day not a lot has changed. Even now when he gets home from work he snaps his fingers if he wants a cup of coffee. I tried the snap the finger thing but my wife just gave me the bird so ya.....times are a changing.

Yeah, sometimes I wish it was back in the day. I don't think my dad has ever changed a diaper. When us (3) kids would crap ourselves, he would just call my mom then sit down and have a scotch.
I think that's just how it was back then. My girlfriend didn't appreciate the story as much as I did..

MR_BIGGS 11-24-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 6698569)
Yeah, sometimes I wish it was back in the day. I don't think my dad has ever changed a diaper. When us (3) kids would crap ourselves, he would just call my mom then sit down and have a scotch.
I think that's just how it was back then. My girlfriend didn't appreciate the story as much as I did..

:haha:

asian_XL 11-24-2009 06:59 PM

I have to blame on the women who work in this generation.
They pull down the average demanded salary

Sodium 11-24-2009 10:13 PM

Or save up until you're ready to have kids?
For me I would probably take a year or two off to HAVE the kid...and then go back to full-time work...

Or better yet....start a business with the hubby and we can both work our own hours...=P

caliber676 11-25-2009 12:01 AM

Hey, if she sucks my mean cock, im game.

hotjoint 11-25-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Maybe in a perfect world but in my world we need two incomes to survive. Daycare isn't cheap but my wife staying home is to large of a financial loss for us. If I made enough money to have her stay home I'd be fine with it but unfortunately I don't and I don't really know many people who do.

:werd: not many single income earners now. It would be nice for the wife to stay home and watch after the kids but in this day in age, really not happening.

Gumby 11-25-2009 09:29 AM

In some cases, daycare can be so expensive that a huge chunk of mom's income is going towards daycare. It may be better off for mom to stay home. At least that way, you know/trust who's looking after your kids.

I'm very fortunate to have both sets of grandparents available to look after my kid while the wife & I work.

To answer Asian_xl's original question, I prefer a housewife (that puts on a business suit, or librarian glasses, etc. while in the bedroom). ;)

quasi 11-25-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 6699673)
In some cases, daycare can be so expensive that a huge chunk of mom's income is going towards daycare. It may be better off for mom to stay home. At least that way, you know/trust who's looking after your kids.

We pay abut $800 a month so for us it's still worth it for her to work. Daycare is also a tax write off so you get some of it back. If you had two or more kids in daycare or your spouse doesn't make much money then it would be a lot tougher decision. Kids aren't cheap but they're still worth every penny.

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 11-25-2009 01:54 PM

If the guy made enough money for us to live comfortably (not just paycheque to paycheque), I'd love to stay home and be a housewife. When the kids start school though, I'd have to go back to work, or volunteer. Otherwise I'd lose my mind from boredom.

For now... I'll have to stick to working.

liu13 11-25-2009 01:59 PM

i'd prefer that we would be well off so neither of us has to work many hours per week

but realistically i hope she works her ass off and remembers to take her pills on schedule so we wont ever have to expect youngins

Drow 11-25-2009 03:04 PM

housewife type please

i'd love to come home from work to the wife wearing nothing but an apron, cooking my meal, and sucking my dick afterwards

i hope ill come across this scenario one day in the future

BlackV62K2 11-25-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Maybe in a perfect world but in my world we need two incomes to survive. Daycare isn't cheap but my wife staying home is to large of a financial loss for us. If I made enough money to have her stay home I'd be fine with it but unfortunately I don't and I don't really know many people who do. Most of my friends have kids now and almost all of them use daycare and work fulltime, there are a few where their wives work part time though.

Growing up my mom always worked full time, looked after my sister and I and was responsible for all the cooking and cleaning in our house. My dad really didn't do shit around the house except maybe yard work and to this day not a lot has changed. Even now when he gets home from work he snaps his fingers if he wants a cup of coffee. I tried the snap the finger thing but my wife just gave me the bird so ya.....times are a changing.

+1....it really depends on our financial situation.

q0192837465 11-25-2009 03:15 PM

I prefer a working type. It puts less burden on my shoulders. Besides, it's a poor practice in the investment standpoint to put all eggs in 1 basket. If I am the sole earner in the family, it'll be a big problem if I get laid off. In this time and age, that possibility is very real. So if there'r 2 incomes, at least we still have some cash flow if 1 of us get laid off.

Jayboogz 11-25-2009 03:35 PM

Best case scenario is prob getting your parents to watch ur kid for the younger years of that kids life so both of you can grind it out. In this day n age many girls can make a fair amount of money so why not? unless ur making like quarter mill after taxes a yr
Posted via RS Mobile

nosleepboy87 11-25-2009 06:33 PM

my best case scenario is for me to make the money and my wife to do nothing but shop, go out, and do charity work.
and in this day and age, its possible. Many of my friends who are married don't need their wives to work. All they do is shop, have tea parties, and do charity work for the sake of saying they are good people.

slammer111 11-30-2009 04:58 AM

If one/both sides of the family are loaded, then the chance of the chick being a housewife goes WAY up. FOBs come to mind. Many (though not all) of them don't even go to school to get a job after, they're just looking for a husband.

Yes, I know several people who admitted to this AND pulled it off. :rolleyes: Or they'll make $8/hr part time while the husband makes $35 working 60h/wk. Whatever works. :lol

To answer the OP's question though. It really depends on what you want. Unless you're a professional or businessman, it's unlikely you'll be able to live comfortably without dual incomes. If you're okay with renting forever in the city or living in the suburbs, then it's doable. My advice? Buy what you need to buy (toys, houses etc.) before tying the knot. That way you win, regardless of which type you just married. :D

josh t-1 11-30-2009 07:12 AM

she needs to know how to work... but for me its important that she realizes that the family is more important then work... and the same goes for me, but then again i dont live in vancouver anymore and even if i did there is no way in hell i would raise a family there! kids are too sterile and they hardly get to know who their parents are... gravel school yards, not being allowed to leave the yard, or condo without being tied to an over protective parent who has them on a harness... no thanks! and with the average urban family having LESS then one kid on average, its going to make for really boring retirement years, well unless you really love curling and bowling...