REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Single or in a relationship: PRO VS.CONS (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597627-single-relationship-pro-vs-cons.html)

canadianaboy 11-25-2009 09:09 AM

Single or in a relationship: PRO VS.CONS

Multi questions here, do you enjoy being single or in a relationship?
If you enjoy being single, why? are there things you miss about being in a relationship? and in reverse when in a relationship, are there things you miss about being single?

My standpoint, I think i'd rather be in a relationship, I have seen the single life for too long (yes, I do hang out with girls all the time), but I do miss being in a relationship. The biggest thing I miss about being a relationship is the fact you have someone to call on, someone that puts up with you and someone you can talk to. Sometimes talking with friends is difficult to do because they'll clown on you. Im a white guy, but most of my friends are vietnamese and chinese people and they're the type of dudes that make everything a joke. I miss being able to just "be" with your SO, talking about problems, ambitions etc.

tonyvu 11-25-2009 09:26 AM

I feel the exact same way. Being single is awesome, but there are times where being single for too long, you start envying your buddies relationships.

I do enjoy being single simply the fact that your just doing your own thing at the moment. But the thing i miss about being in a relationship most is the fact you always have someone there for you, someone you can hold, and someone that you can relate to.

q0192837465 11-25-2009 03:33 PM

Well, i think ur frds really dictate how u feel about urself. If all ur frds r single (like back in junior high), single is cool cuz u can do wutever u want. As ur group gets older and start to have relationships, u would want to have 1 as well since u guys r no longer hanging out as much. And by the time all ur frds r in relationships, let's be honest, they'll not have to time for u anymore. Ppl believe in the notion of "bros over hoes" are simply dillusional. Most ur "bros" will ditch u for their "hoes".

Simply put, society forces u to be in a relatioship, whether u like it or not. Being single takes A LOT of determination. And the truth is, the sooner u get into a long term relationship the better since ur choice will decrease with age. By the time u'r 40, most of them on ur menu will be women who married 3 times and have 20 kids with 5 different men. I'm not saying they'r bad ppl. Heck, they may be the best personalities u've ever encountered. But I know I will have a hard time sleeping at night.

UnDeadMage 11-25-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q0192837465 (Post 6700159)
Simply put, society forces u to be in a relatioship, whether u like it or not. Being single takes A LOT of determination. And the truth is, the sooner u get into a long term relationship the better since ur choice will decrease with age. By the time u'r 40, most of them on ur menu will be women who married 3 times and have 20 kids with 5 different men. I'm not saying they'r bad ppl. Heck, they may be the best personalities u've ever encountered. But I know I will have a hard time sleeping at night.

yeah man its like charlie harper from two and a half men. i think most people will want to give up being charlie after a week in his scenario

nosleepboy87 11-25-2009 06:18 PM

single is good until u start feeling lonely

v.Rossi 11-25-2009 06:28 PM

Enjoy being single. The pro about it is you can meet lots of girls and fuck em. Pro of being in a relationship is that you can talk to your SO about real shit that matters, money. Just playing haha anyways you can talk to them about whatever and express your sincere feelings. Con of being single is that the sex is not there 24/7, and you have to work for it. Con of being in a relationship? The drama and shit you have to go through just to make it work.
Posted via RS Mobile

asian_XL 11-25-2009 07:14 PM

I prefer in a relationship which the gf is living in another city or travel a lot, then with a lot of fuck buddies around.

Grandmaster TSE 11-28-2009 01:51 AM

being single is fun, but i do miss all the little things you get out of a relationship
that and the sex :o

Euro7r 11-28-2009 04:17 AM

Single is cool, but only up to a certain point. Then you'll realize you don't want to be single anymore haha.

Gh0stRider 11-28-2009 11:07 AM

Right now, I prefer being single. It is much harder to devote your time to a SO when you got other things on your mind, like school, finding a career etc.

Sure, it is nice to have that person there for you, but if you can't commit to your part of the bargain and devote time for the SO, then it is not fair for the other person.
Posted via RS Mobile

unidentified 11-28-2009 05:43 PM

Anybody who has in a relationship for a while misses being single and anybody whose been single for a while misses being in a relationship. I am freshly single and enjoying being stress-free and independent.

bimmer91 11-28-2009 10:53 PM

the only people who wanna be in a relationship is girls... you all know why
guys, especially under 30's don't give a fuck and run around like monkey's getting VAG.

Noir 11-29-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnDeadMage (Post 6700269)
yeah man its like charlie harper from two and a half men. i think most people will want to give up being charlie after a week in his scenario

No man.

Most people aren't single by choice. The "Charlie Harper" types aren't a dime a dozen. What are though are guys who try to front this role to make it seem like their singleness is their choice.

liu13 11-29-2009 12:28 AM

i dont want to be single but settling for anything less than a 9 is just hard

hirevtuner 11-29-2009 11:38 AM

yeah singleness is not always by choice, it is finding compatibility and attractiveness with the other

jeff_alexander 11-29-2009 11:46 AM

Single gives you more disposable income
Posted via RS Mobile

skyxx 11-30-2009 01:02 AM

When you're in a relationship, it's like owning two cars. Except one doesn't talk back.

josh t-1 11-30-2009 01:56 AM

relationships all the way... they usually dont give you herpes or children you find out about 9 years later

hotjoint 11-30-2009 08:11 AM

I havent been single since 98. :lol its been a long time but I wouldnt trade it at all. Best feeling in the world is loving someone...... next to getting your dick sucked :thumbsup:

Jsunu 11-30-2009 01:55 PM

Sometimes I miss just being in love and having someone love me in return. But the freedom of being single is ok too. I guess the best senario is to have someone who allows you the personal freedom so you do feel the need to be single anymore.

Noir 11-30-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsunu (Post 6706920)
Sometimes I miss just being in love and having someone love me in return. But the freedom of being single is ok too. I guess the best senario is to have someone who allows you the personal freedom so you do feel the need to be single anymore.

The benefits of "single" isn't about personal and social freedom. It's about sexual freedom; which is beneficial only for a small select group of individuals.

At least last I recall, it's not against the rules to have & chill with friends of either gender.
Posted via RS Mobile

Jsunu 11-30-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6706937)
The benefits of "single" isn't about personal and social freedom. It's about sexual freedom; which is beneficial only for a small select group of individuals.

At least last I recall, it's not against the rules to have & chill with friends of either gender.
Posted via RS Mobile

true, i guess i've been in a really shitty relationship :(

Mugen EvOlutioN 11-30-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6706472)
I havent been single since 98. :lol its been a long time but I wouldnt trade it at all. Best feeling in the world is loving someone...... next to getting your dick sucked :thumbsup:

+1
amen motherfucker

:thumbsup:

Alpine50 11-30-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianaboy (Post 6699642)
Multi questions here, do you enjoy being single or in a relationship?
If you enjoy being single, why? are there things you miss about being in a relationship? and in reverse when in a relationship, are there things you miss about being single?

My standpoint, I think i'd rather be in a relationship, I have seen the single life for too long (yes, I do hang out with girls all the time), but I do miss being in a relationship. The biggest thing I miss about being a relationship is the fact you have someone to call on, someone that puts up with you and someone you can talk to. Sometimes talking with friends is difficult to do because they'll clown on you. Im a white guy, but most of my friends are vietnamese and chinese people and they're the type of dudes that make everything a joke. I miss being able to just "be" with your SO, talking about problems, ambitions etc.

good thing i read before i posted i pretty much agree 100% being i single is crazy but sometimes you wish you had that one person

BoneThug 12-02-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6704988)
i dont want to be single but settling for anything less than a 9 is just hard

stan....dards.....?my tongue cant even get around the word anymore. just feels foreign and strange now