REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

how come mitsubishi isnt popular?

wondering how many non-evo 08+lancers are out there? i see them on the street all the time (some moded one's). im trying to mod my 08 gts, but mitsubishis dont seem to be as nearly as popular as toyotas, nissans or hondas in the modification world.......
Advertisement
lancergts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Because most of the dealers/salespeople are douchebags... like the one I was talking to when trying to buy a Lancer Ralliart at Newtype.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Because most of the dealers/salespeople are douchebags... like the one I was talking to when trying to buy a Lancer Ralliart at Newtype.
i had a very poor experience at Newtype as well.

the guy tried to hand me his card and i refused to take it.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

lol shit i bought my car at newtype the guy i bought the car from was cool but the manager there was an asshole and service guy was trying to get me to replace my brand new wipers so the dealers made the cars unpopular?
lancergts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
hmm, i've had trouble with vancouver mitsubishi service department too...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Mitsubishi is a lot bigger in asia..but still smaller than honda/toyota.
i think the reliability isn't as great as honda/toyota that's why it's not as popular here (the main reason why people are buying those brands in the first place).
Oh and they have a pretty small car selection...conglomerate corporation (household appliances, stationaries, turbine engines) so they aren't always focused on manufacturering cars
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

^ My Mitsu TV lasted 4 years
CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

DON'T DISS MITSUBISHI MOTHER FUCKER, COME GET SOME DSM.
bimmer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

If anything I'll blame chrysler for mitsubishi's shitty north american image.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
I got the same treatment at the Newtype dealership as well when my dad and I were also looking at the ralliart.

We had to flag a salesperson over so they can answer our questions, and the place wasn't even busy at the time..
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
I am on the internets

they are terrible to drive, terrible to sit in, terrible to touch, and expensive to finance, and have shitty salesmen
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
they are terrible to drive, terrible to sit in, terrible to touch, and expensive to finance, and have shitty salesmen
BMW has shitter salesmen because they'll rape you till you buy the car.
bimmer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
I cannot agree to the first 2 point, but I can attest to the last 3.

Mitsubishi have improved many things since the launch of the the grill design, but they fail to improve the stealership that sells them, as well as their service department . Its absolutely abysmal.

Last edited by Jackygor; 11-30-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Don't forget they almost went broke in 2001 or something?

I think DEEP depreciation on most models are one of the many reasons of the unpopularity.
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
Need to Seek Professional Help

new type was the reason i got a GTI instead of a RalliArt...

it was a chick sales...she looked pretty good but all she did was sell to my dad (since he was holding the money) totally ignored me and my brother when we were inquiring about the car...and she was so fuckn smug too...made it seem like we were at their hands...so we showed that bitch whose baws and bought a GTI
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
Don't forget they almost went broke in 2001 or something?

I think DEEP depreciation on most models are one of the many reasons of the unpopularity.
yup...and then Mitsubishi motors asked Mitsubishi Group for 1 birrion dorras so they don't have to go bankrupt...
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
I called Newtype once about a Ralliart that i wanted to see, the sales representative was such a fuckin prick. I asked him for an address and he refused to give it to me because he says I could come in anyday and buy the car from someone else instead of him. So I was liek fuck off
blackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #18
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
i had a very poor experience at Newtype as well.

the guy tried to hand me his card and i refused to take it.
+1

-1 for Newtype. The people at Vancouver Mitsubishi were really nice, greeted nicely at the door, salesperson went through lots of stuff with us and even brought us coffee but wouldn't budge on negotiations much.
clowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #19
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

mitsu cars are ok and interesting in the 90s, when they're scandalizing and covering up defects...
http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2004/0...hi_040610.html

Another thing is they never came into Canada until a few years ago, yet they didn't bring in the Evo til last year, until then there's no interesting cars as they came to Canada as Eclipse's dead to be a big slow cruiser, 3000gt's dropped, galant never came in VR4 ever since the 87-92 version, basically they came to Canada as almost a Japanese version of Saturn....

What's worst is imo their reliability, Japanese cars are known to be reliable, but Mitsu proofed there's a bad apple in every bunch.
Solo_D33A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #20
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackygor View Post
I cannot agree to the first 2 point, but I can attest to the last 3.

Mitsubishi have improved many things since the launch of the the grill design, but they fail to improve the stealership that sells them, as well as their service department . Its absolutely abysmal.
I agree but not just because i drive one but its the truth! Although before they had some scandal issues but now its basically solved!

Newtype sucks i do agree with that, was looking for an EVO X but they sorta don't know what they are doing. The manager Todd and the sales rep steven gave me attitude.

Vancouver Mitsubishi is pretty cool, at the end didn't end up buying EVO X because the white ones were all sold out around canada.

IMO i think that vancouver is the best dealer so far... can't say they are the best though

1987 AE86
1999 Honda EK
2001 AP1 S2000
2009 Mitsubishi EVO IX
2009 Honda Ridgeline
2015 Subaru STi
2015 BMW F82 M4
Naka San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #21

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackk View Post
I called Newtype once about a Ralliart that i wanted to see, the sales representative was such a fuckin prick. I asked him for an address and he refused to give it to me because he says I could come in anyday and buy the car from someone else instead of him. So I was liek fuck off
Guy that I talked to spouted off on how dealers worked etc. instead of actually dealing with numbers for us. Seriously annoying. Walked out when he went to "talk" with general manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danizer View Post

it was a chick sales...she looked pretty good but all she did was sell to my dad (since he was holding the money) totally ignored me and my brother when we were inquiring about the car...and she was so fuckn smug too...made it seem like we were at their hands...so we showed that bitch whose baws and bought a GTI
Haha, that's funny, because Newtype was the reason I got my GTI too!

Where did you get it? I got mine at Clarkdale with Terry Chen. Terry owns a Evo X GSR, too, which is also funny/ironic.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #22

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danizer View Post

wow she sucks at being sales. I though any sales person would know to sweet talk the kid when parent and kid show up to buy a car. Convince the kid and the kid will pretty much do all the sales work for her to the parents.

having never actually own a mitsu i usually see young people driving it and almost always a lancer (few evos occasionally) my family and my relative all disapprove of mitsu for reason even they themselves cannot name. My uneducated guess is mitsu's call to fame is the evo? pretty much none of their other cars are well knows (the only other two i can name off the top of my head is gallant? and its suv that looks like a lift up lancer wagon, name escapes me) those that brought lancer brought it base on evo's legend? flame suit on

EDIT: i forgot eclipse but the new generation is serious fuck u i can't tell if its going forward or backing. the older gen look alot getter though. Don't see much eclipses around

Last edited by threezero; 11-30-2009 at 11:49 PM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #23
Rs has made me the man i am today!

didn't go richmond, but I found the vancouver one to be a little pushy... didn't even let me test drive their evo! Northshore might be a further drive, but it was definately worth it for me... great sales, nice people, and great service department!

Mitsubishi in Canada is relatively new and their prices are way too high. The price of the highest model Lancer could get you better performing cars from other brands, the price of Rally Art you're looking well into Japanese Luxury Lines, and the Price of Evo's you could have European Luxury Cars. It's all relative though... I still got one
Old 12-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #24
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
mitsu's only been in canada for a short time, you cant expect it to catch on so freakin fast. honda/toyota/nissan's have been here FOREVER!

go to the states, way more mitsu's!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #25
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Guy that I talked to spouted off on how dealers worked etc. instead of actually dealing with numbers for us. Seriously annoying. Walked out when he went to "talk" with general manager.

Haha, that's funny, because Newtype was the reason I got my GTI too!

Where did you get it? I got mine at Clarkdale with Terry Chen. Terry owns a Evo X GSR, too, which is also funny/ironic.
YO! I bought it from Terry too!!!
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote