REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Mayweather-Pacquiao fight (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598317-mayweather-pacquiao-fight.html)

asahai69 12-01-2009 07:14 PM

Mayweather-Pacquiao fight

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

gonna be a dope fight. hoping pac man destroys pretty boy floyd

hal0g0dv2 12-01-2009 07:25 PM

wow this is going to be hugE

rickross888 12-01-2009 07:30 PM

about time!

mayweather over pacquiao by decision

J-Kilo 12-01-2009 09:09 PM

this is gonna be epic!

lacubrious1 12-04-2009 10:25 AM

can't wait for this. I hope Vegas will host this fight. Probably wouldn't go down to watch the actual fight but would love to go down and enjoy the atmosphere, while watching it on a big screen.

JSALES 12-04-2009 06:19 PM

can't wait!

Hondaracer 12-09-2009 11:20 AM

This fight is arguabely bigger than anything UFC has done period
Posted via RS Mobile

hotjoint 12-10-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 6720118)
This fight is arguabely bigger than anything UFC has done period
Posted via RS Mobile

:werd: now we just need gsp vs silva here in june and we'll be good. I know that wont happen but here's to wishful thinking :haha:

Jet 12-10-2009 04:20 PM

He hasn't officially signed the papers yet cause Mayweather is stalling for stupid reasons ... Heard that Dallas is off the table and so is the Staple Centre so it looks to be Vegas again since both like it there ...

Let's just hope the judges aren't like the ones that was at the Williams-Martinez fight last saturday cause that is the very example of why boxing will remain a joke to a lot of people

Mugen EvOlutioN 12-10-2009 05:03 PM

floyd mayweather is $$$$$:thumbsup:

Jet 12-10-2009 05:20 PM

I guess he can't duck this fight ... I still want to see him fight Paul Williams ... but he's too much of a bitch and will only fight people smaller and people he thinks he can win against (he so miscalculated this match) ... i guess 2 people types of people are going to be watching this, Pac fans and people who wants to see him get F$%Ked up ...

SkinnyPupp 12-22-2009 05:04 PM

Fight may be in jeopardy, as Pacquiao is refusing to do Olympic style drug testing (which requires multiple samples to rule out things like HGH which can't be detected by a single test)

hotjoint 12-23-2009 06:30 AM

^ damn. I'm gonna be in the philipines mar 8 - 30. If the fight is on they're gonna hate me because I'll be the only one cheering for mayweather :lol

Jsunu 12-23-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6739119)
Fight may be in jeopardy, as Pacquiao is refusing to do Olympic style drug testing (which requires multiple samples to rule out things like HGH which can't be detected by a single test)

Shit that SUCKS, makes you wonder why he is refusing it in the first place.

411ken 12-23-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6739821)
^ damn. I'm gonna be in the philipines mar 8 - 30. If the fight is on they're gonna hate me because I'll be the only one cheering for mayweather :lol

Nah, don't worry about it....they are not going to hate you by wearing a Mayweather shirt.. they will just kill you lol..

I do hope the fight happens though.. just so Pacquiao can shut Mayweather up and his fans ;) ahha

411ken 12-23-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsunu (Post 6739891)
Shit that SUCKS, makes you wonder why he is refusing it in the first place.

My POV on this is...have they done these types of testing before? i.e. in his previous fights, or any other big fights in the past? I don't recall any off the top of my head.

I bet Mayweather requested this and pissed Pacman's camp then said NO (whether they are hiding something or not).

I mean, if they had never done it before, why do it now?

If they have done it before then ignore me

Jsunu 12-23-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6740010)
My POV on this is...have they done these types of testing before? i.e. in his previous fights, or any other big fights in the past? I don't recall any off the top of my head.

I bet Mayweather requested this and pissed Pacman's camp then said NO (whether they are hiding something or not).

I mean, if they had never done it before, why do it now?

If they have done it before then ignore me

well in my POV Mayweather did it to prevent fighting with pacman to eliminate the possibility of losing.

Been reading up on the articles tho and it states that this all speculation at this point and pacman may still say yes to the testing. Basically Mayweather is starting shit.

JSALES 12-23-2009 02:23 PM

i think pacman is gonna say yes either way to the testing, i don't think he'd back down from a fight with mayweather

Jet 12-23-2009 04:31 PM

It's superstition, I can see why Pac does not want to draw blood so close to the fight date ... some cultures have a thing about blood and even within those cultures there are radical thinking on these matters, especially in the rural areas where he grew up in ...

I'm fine with testing them right after the fight cause it's going to be there before or after the fight ... maybe cause once Floyd gets beat, and the tests turn out negative, its another blow to his big ass ego ...

This is just another plow cause his first plow to try to get Pac to refuse was thrown in his face when Pac agreed to fight him so fast

411ken 12-24-2009 01:34 PM

So Pacman and the guys gave it until Thursday to drop this drug test crap or the fight doesn't happen..

Pacman should counter and say that he will take 60% purse and Mayweather takes 40% LOL. See what Mayweather say.

I can't even imagine how much these 2 will get paid! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MR_BIGGS 12-24-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asahai69 (Post 6709070)
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

gonna be a dope fight. hoping pac man destroys pretty boy floyd

Hopefully a dopefree fight...

I hope Pac wins this one. There is way too much money going into this event for it not to happen. It will happen, you can put an * beside it, I don't really care. Fuck Olympic testing, this ain't the Olympics. Regular testing is fine.

Manic! 12-24-2009 02:08 PM

Fights dead.:(

http://www.freep.com/article/2009122...iao-fight-dead

LAS VEGAS — Promoter Bob Arum declared the megafight between Manny Pacquiao and Grand Rapids native Floyd Mayweather Jr. dead today, though efforts continued to find a compromise to a dispute over blood testing.

“It’s over,” Arum said. “O-V-E-R.”

Arum had set a Thursday deadline for an agreement on testing, the only issue not resolved for the planned March 13 fight. But with the Mayweather camp still insisting on using the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to conduct the tests, Arum said there wasn’t much left to discuss.

“They’re viewed by the Pacquiao side as being partisan,” Arum said, referring to USADA. “He doesn’t want to use them. I don’t want to use them. They’re so inflexible, they can’t be used.”

Despite Arum’s statements, there were some talks through intermediaries to try to salvage the bout. Neither side, though, appeared to be backing off its position on the biggest dispute: Who will do the testing?

Arum said he planned to move forward by having Pacquiao fight March 13 against Paul Malignaggi, a flashy but light-hitting 140-pounder. He said there was still a chance Pacquiao and Mayweather could meet later in the year.

“As far as I’m concerned, the fight is over,” Arum said. “Can it be revisited in the fall? We’ll see.”

Mayweather’s representatives could not be immediately reached for comment, but Arum said an effort today by HBO Sports chief Ross Greenburg to reach a compromise had failed. There still were other talks going on between the two sides, but the odds of the fight happening were dimming with each day.

At the core of the dispute is the insistence of the Mayweather camp of using Olympic-style drug testing for the fight, even though neither fighters ever has been linked to performance-enhancing substances. Under Nevada regulations, boxers generally only are tested just before the fight and in the dressing room afterward, and only urine is given.

Mayweather’s camp wants blood tests that can find things urine tests can’t, such as use of human growth hormone, and they want them done by USADA from the time the fight is signed until the fight is held. Pacquiao’s side has agreed to both urine and blood testing but doesn’t want testing immediately before the fight because Pacquiao believes giving blood so soon before a fight will weaken him.

A possible resolution that had been discussed would allow USADA to do limited testing. That likely would not be accepted by USADA because it wants to set an example that all athletes should be subject to random and unannounced testing at any time.

The fight was expected to be the richest ever, with both fighters earning $30 million to $40 million, depending on television sales.

JSALES 12-24-2009 02:30 PM

^ fuck!

MR_BIGGS 12-24-2009 02:40 PM

FUCK indeed.! BS

neggo 12-24-2009 03:35 PM

Prime example of why the popularity of boxing is dwindling.

Fights that are supposed to happen never do.