REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #26
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
This is a car enthusiasts forum. I never understand why forum members don't take some personal responsibility and research the car, figure out what they want first, before handing to the dealership to experience whether the car is living up to their expectations. (vs relying on the sales drone).

Most car sales drones' first priority is to make a quick sale, integrity comes second.. it is their job.. much like other marketing jobs.
Advertisement
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
I am on the internets

^^^ welcome to revscene

although when i was shopping for a car, i, as well, wanted to go to a competent salesman. 80% of them out there are idiots. no joke intended.

i posted on revscene and got a referral to Honda.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #28
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Okay, lets say your number is correct, 80% are idiots.. You can take a lot of headaches out by figuring what you want first, pricing out the package, go to carcostcanada then tack on $1500 as incentive. The idiots will just have to fill out the order, look for the car, take your money and hand over your keys. That's $1500 for half and hour of work.

What do you expect the salesman to say if you ask him to compare and contrast the product his sells vs a product he doesn't? (while knowing full well, his next meal depends on it).

With the web, it is not so hard to figure out a lot of the things before hand rather then depending on the sales drone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
^^^ welcome to revscene

although when i was shopping for a car, i, as well, wanted to go to a competent salesman. 80% of them out there are idiots. no joke intended.

i posted on revscene and got a referral to Honda.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #29
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

90% of the talking i do with salesman is negotiating the price.
most of the car research i do at home and then i go for test drive.
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
ralliart is the best deal

evos are unreliable, oil consumption is off the charts, thirstier than a v10 viper, and you have to service them every 250kms.

you have been PMed
Oil consumption is fine on mine, gas consumption is another story. Don't know about the previous generations, but I DD my X and it's just as reliable as any other japanese branded car. Depends how you drive it, mine's at 6k and just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
I think North Shore is the only one with unsullied reputation on other thread. Newtype and Vancouver Mitsubishi both suck...

I wanted to get Lancer Ralliart, but ended up with VW GTI Mk6 because the salespeople drove me away from Mitsubishi. I don't regret my decision.
Definately agree to this point. Go to North Shore Mitsubishi for the best service during and after sales. I didn't feel any pressure during my time spent there.

I went to Vancouver Mitsubishi and the sales pretty much didn't even explain anything about the car, just said "I'm pretty sure you've already went over all the specs online, lets go over numbers type deal" needless to say, they didn't even let me test drive their Evo. I can't spend that much on a car that I've never even started up!

Metrotown Mitsu has nice and kind sales. Always have a kind greeting, but a week after I purchased my car from Northshore, I went to the metro mitsu and asked about some ECU Updates and Recalls as I've read about them online. The Manager just told me he's never heard of it and that all mods to the ECU will void the warranty... and later he asked if my OEM rims were aftermarket! Needless to say, I did my ECU recall right back at Northshore. As of right now, Northshore is the furthest away from me, yet that's the only one that I'll return to.

Honestly, the Ralliart is one hell of a deal car. It has all the luxury options that aren't even available on the GSR like factory HIDs for Canada anyways. If you're going to just DD your car, Ralliart is more than enough performance and comfort wise, plus you'll save the 10k. If you want that extra edge in performance, go straight for the new 2010 GSR with performance package... You will not regret it!!! If that GSR w/ package was available back when I purchased mine, I would have gotten that as to my fat MR!

For all Lancer, Ralliart, and Evo related questions, it's best to do the research yourself on evolutionm.net. Car salesmen generally know enough just so the average buyer hears what they want to hear.

See if you can find 08/09 Model Evo's, you'll definately get an awesome deal if you do!! Might even be able to get one for the same price as a 2010 Ralliart!! I know Northshore still has a white 09 MR that they're trying to clear out.

Pre-Congrats on your new ride!!
"Public transit does not work"

Last edited by optiblue; 12-04-2009 at 05:35 PM.
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

I will definitely opt for an evo if you can, spend a little more money (if the price is right) and you will have a 330-350 awhp monster (with simple bolt-on and a tune), plus, its handling is up to par with a lot of cars double its price. What specific information are you looking in the ralliart anyways?

Last edited by Jackygor; 12-04-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Hey, we got a new guy here at honda which just came from mitsubishi. Not sure if you want to talk to him but he says he can help you out.
Let me know and I'll give you his #.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyc84 View Post
ok so i'm sick of dealing with shitty salesmen. Went last week to check out a 09 ralliart, i seriously need a new car. Salesmen wasn't helpful at all, i had to ask everything. Plus he kept giving me "not sure" answers and shit. I found out he gave me the wrong answers on quite a few shit when i got home and read the pamphlet.

I need to find someone knowledgeable, or at least know their shit about what the dealership told them. Let me know if you work at one, or have a friend that's a salesmen at Mitsubishi. I don't wanna give commission to someone that didn't do shit.

i'm supposedly going in for a test drive on sunday (fucker said by appointment only after i spent 2 hours there). Email me or something.

ahyc84@gmail.com
That's a lot of shit you're dealing with.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote