REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #26
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Case in popint is the Port Alberni storowner who shot a robber who was armed with a gun & was threatening his wife...paralyzed one of them, and stiillcould be looking at charges for using his gun in self defence.
Were you talking about the jewlery store owner? I thought the crown decided to not proceed with the recommended charges and he was given some sort of award for bravery?
Advertisement

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #27
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Investigation is not complete I believe. Read reports that his "victim" is still not cooperating with Police ?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #28
RS Peace Officer

":That's the part of it that's really ridiculous - someone who wasn't there, deciding later what the victim "should" have done, in the heat of the moment, under extreme duress, and at least the belief that his life and the lives of his family were in danger."

Substitute the word "others" for the word "family" and you have the way Police are treated when force is used on criminals. We have the added joy of being ordered to give statements which can & will be used against us in a selection of court proceedings.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:05 AM   #29
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
what if the crook decided to attempt to rape his wife as well, is that grounds to do what you need to do to protect your family? or b/c the criminal is raping her, and not killing her, you cannot do anything, and should let her be raped? this is a serious question btw. i'm interested in how the criminal code would look at this
We're not allowed to use MORE force than the criminal so.. I guess the only choice you have is to anally rape him... or if he's not anally raping your wife, maybe it's a better idea to rape him up his urethra?

but on a serious note, I don't understand why we don't have the Castle Law here... I mean, logically, just having that law in place already helps to deter criminals. So on the flip side, it almost seems like they're encouraging the criminals to commit the crime.
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:27 AM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Yeah, a crook can't lose... either he makes the heist and gets away with all the goodies, or he gets smacked down and sues the homeowner for everything he's got... and ends up with the goodies anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:00 AM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silk View Post
watch law abiding citizen..somewhat related to canadian system
I am pretty sure even if a Canadian pulls a "Law Abiding Citizen" and gets caught, that person will plead insanity and get a slap on the wrist. Anyone wanna join me? (Note: I am kidding, I am not conspiring anything here)
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #32
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
I am pretty sure even if a Canadian pulls a "Law Abiding Citizen" and gets caught, that person will plead insanity and get a slap on the wrist. Anyone wanna join me? (Note: I am kidding, I am not conspiring anything here)
The insanity defence is actually portrayed a lot more in movies and TV shows than it actually happens in real life. To even consider this offence, you would need to do some much leg work and fool so many different people that you can even get to trial, I would applaud you.

Most people who know nothing about our legal system thinks that this is the "easy" way out but the insanity defence is used like 1 in 1000 cases. And to get to trial is like 1 in 100,000 if not more.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
"Excuse me, I know you want to kill me with that bat, and I have a gun hidden behind my back that I can use to defend myself, but Imma take a minute here and just call up a judge to find out what I'm supposed to do. Could you just hold that thought?"
"Wait wait, before you punch me, use this force gauge." *pow* "Hmm ok, nice swing there, so I'm allowed to use the same force for my punch. Oh wait, do our fists have the same surface area? Let me grab a ruler; one moment..."

Maybe if there was some kind of b&e/home invasion/mugger union, then if they get injured they can claim WCB instead of suing the homeowner

Wouldn't it make more sense to allow the victim (the original one, not the new "victim" after the jackass gets beat) to take it one step further than the assailant? ie he uses a fist, you can use a bat. He breaks in and pulls a bat, you can pull a knife. He pulls a gun, you can shoot him in the leg or something. He shoots/stabs you, you can shoot/stab to kill. Something so that self defense isn't a crime.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #34
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_FTW View Post
I dont see how a judge that rules the Home owner/store owner guilty can sleep at night..

thats ridiculous..
welcome to canada's gay ass law system
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to allow the victim (the original one, not the new "victim" after the jackass gets beat) to take it one step further than the assailant? ie he uses a fist, you can use a bat. He breaks in and pulls a bat, you can pull a knife. He pulls a gun, you can shoot him in the leg or something. He shoots/stabs you, you can shoot/stab to kill. Something so that self defense isn't a crime.
"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"

Unless you're a wop, of course... "Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"

Unless you're a wop, of course... "Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight. "
Well I mean the guy did come "into my house, disrespected my whole family..."
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #37
Banned (BBM)

Quote:

i like the way that sounds, and its sounds dirty baby

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #38
RS Peace Officer

Sean Connery in The Untouchables...