REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
What would you say to your Dad if he wrote you this?

edit
just an update if any cares...

I replied to his email. Telling him everything is good.
after he got off work we went to Nancy's Restaurant to pick up some dinner.
Brought it home and watched the Canucks game.

Everything is good. I guess I was just over analyzing it...

Thanks again for all the replies. and I did get a good laugh reading some of the replies!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday.

I came home and I started to ask questions about why my dad parked his car where he parked it... he parked it in neighbor A's spot when we clearly had space in front of our house to park.

The only reason I asked was because my family always bitches when Neighbor B parks in our spot.. (Neighbor A is to the left of my house, Neighbor B is to the right of my house. Neighbor A never parks in front of our house and Neighbor B occasionally parks in front of our house)

So I was just questioning his decision. And then my sister started to argue and then I started to argue with her. And then all of a sudden my Dad flipped out. He started Screaming at me telling me to shut up and asking why I keep arguing and why I need to come home and start causing problems...

I didn't say anything back to him. I just let him yell at me.. I was going to argue back with him but realized that wasn't the best idea. Sometimes you just gotta shut your mouth.

ANYWAYYYYYYYYS,

I get an email from him today...

"Hi son son

I sincerely apologise for yelling at you yesterday ; I have no right to talk to you like that

I love you lots

Dad"

Am I supposed to reply back with something or would it be better to just talk to him about it when he gets home. I feel like such a pussy because i'm afraid to talk to him about it? Usually when we fight, after a couple days it just blows over and everything is back to normal... So I feel like a retard because it's just an email but I feel fake? like if I reply back with, "Hey dad, Yeah i'm sorry too it's okay no big deal.. i love you too" kinda thing

Any input?

TIA
Advertisement

Last edited by TheKingdom2000; 12-08-2009 at 06:46 PM.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Just let it blow over. Your dad is sorry, and you know he's sorry. As a guy, it's your responsibility to do nothing about it, since the case is basically closed.

...If you really want to, you can hug it out like bitches.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

let it blow over, buy a case of beer and sit down enjoy the Canucks game with him tonight
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
+1 to beer with dad.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about it, he apologized just tell him apology accepted and move on. My dad yells at me for more petty stuff on a regular basis and he pretty much never apologizes. My dad will throw shit, scream at the top of his lungs, if I try and rebut anything he says or explain something he just talks over me saying "whatever, whatever, whatever get the fuck out of here".

I'm older now and I'm used to it, he's a raging spaz, always has been always will be. I just ignore him, don't argue and leave the room. My dad has never been wrong in his life and I mean EVER! Just ask him.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
"I love you lots"........ wow, my father never said anything remotely close to that to me. It's an old Asian thing. I wouldn't know how to react to that, in all honesty. Consider yourself lucky that pops cares that much about you.

Yeah, fathers tend to lose it sometimes. My father did that a lot and I find myself in the same boat with my kids.

Anyway, your dad chose that method of communicating with you, you reply back the same way and then follow it up with a face to face. Tell him your true feelings. You respect him still, right?

BTW, are you Asain? Maybe younger generation is different..................
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

steak and bj... wait.

seriously tho, just let it blow over, or discuss it with him that way you can both have that teary eyed family moment
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I wouldn't even worry about it, he apologized just tell him apology accepted and move on. My dad yells at me for more petty stuff on a regular basis and he pretty much never apologizes. My dad will throw shit, scream at the top of his lungs, if I try and rebut anything he says or explain something he just talks over me saying "whatever, whatever, whatever get the fuck out of here".

I'm older now and I'm used to it, he's a raging spaz, always has been always will be. I just ignore him, don't argue and leave the room. My dad has never been wrong in his life and I mean EVER! Just ask him.
Sorry to hear this, but thanks for sharing. It's pretty funny. Got any more?

I can imagine myself turning into the above if I stopped caring enough about people's feelings.

BTW, I hope he doesn't talk to kids like that.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

if you feel you have to reply to his email because you're leaving him hanging, just reply back with "no worries dad, sall good" cmon let's not overthink this right?

have a few beers or something, but you're a lucky fuck, really. i can't even remember the last time my dad said he loved me.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
lol
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^ yea I am in the same boat. My dad said it once to me like 6 years ago or something. It was the only time I ever heard him say it. I was like a deer in the headlights. ewww haha fuck so awkward.

I always thought that was kinda weird, but I guess not since most of you guys are saying the same thing.
lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
My parents have NEVER said that to me before. LOL. but they are pretty awesome. Dad has a short fuse but gets over everything in a matter of minutes.

We would have the hugest argument and a couple minutes later, we talk as if nothing ever happeend.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
MG1

I love you, son..........

I think I could get to the "I" part and that would be it. Change the subject quickly.

I have, in the past, brought myself to say, "I'm proud of you" to my kids. The first time I said it, it came out wrong, but I got used to saying it more and more.

Interesting, this thread. Why is it, fathers can't say those words? Is it because it is not a manly thing to do? It is extremely awkward, like mentioned by lol.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
my dad blows up over nothing and holds grudges....when you tick him off he brings old grudges back.

just be glad your dad didn't do that!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
MG1

In fact, if I said, "I love you, son" to one of my two sons, they would like think I was on crack or hung out with Vansterdam.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
nns

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
my dad blows up over nothing and holds grudges....when you tick him off he brings old grudges back.

just be glad your dad didn't do that!

^My mom does that.

I don't care how manly you think you are, your mom will always be able to bring you down and break you. Very few things in this world can make me cry, but I'm sure my mom can whip out the wildcard she has in her pocket whenever she wants and make me feel like i'm 6 years old again.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #16
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
this is how guys make up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZvarRe-XVQ

seriously though, i'd just reply to the email like you said and leave it at that

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
^My mom does that.

I don't care how manly you think you are, your mom will always be able to bring you down and break you. Very few things in this world can make me cry, but I'm sure my mom can whip out the wildcard she has in her pocket whenever she wants and make me feel like i'm 6 years old again.
Amen to that. Moms are very powerful. Dads can beat the crap out of you, but moms can drive a stake right through your heart in an instant with just words.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Sorry to hear this, but thanks for sharing. It's pretty funny. Got any more?

I can imagine myself turning into the above if I stopped caring enough about people's feelings.

BTW, I hope he doesn't talk to kids like that.
I've learned from it, I'm totally different with my son. My dad is a different breed, I haven't lived with him in a long time but I work with him so I see him almost everyday.

I'll never forget a couple years ago when our job superintendent witnessed one of these blowups. I talked to him a couple days later and he told me that he was sorry for the way my father treated me, he said it bugged him so much he couldn't sleep that night. I told him I'm used to don't even worry about it as I don't take it personal anymore. I should video tape a blowup because you have to see it to believe it. They're totally not rational and he loses total control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Amen to that. Moms are very powerful. Dads can beat the crap out of you, but moms can drive a stake right through your heart in an instant with just words.
Absolutely, my dad is almost 60 and he'd still knock my ass out.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'll never forget a couple years ago when our job superintendent witnessed one of these blowups. I talked to him a couple days later and he told me that he was sorry for the way my father treated me, he said it bugged him so much he couldn't sleep that night. I told him I'm used to don't even worry about it as I don't take it personal anymore. I should video tape a blowup because you have to see it to believe it. They're totally not rational and he loses total control.
Wow, sounds like your dad has some issues. I get pissed off at my kids, but I let it go after the initial wtf. Plus, I wouldn't lose it in front of other people. There's nothing worse than witnessing other people's domestic quarrels.

On a side note. My son mentioned in passing that he was on RS. Shit, here's my chance. I love you, son. There, I did it, Bob Sagget!

RS, more than meets the eye - bringing families together since 1995.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #20
nns

^ love you too, dad.

LOL.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:

BTW, are you Asain? Maybe younger generation is different..................
yep, i'm full Chinese (Mandarin)

Yeah, you guys are right. I guess i'm just over thinking this.
Thanks for the reply's guys!
I'll just reply back with an email and then clean the house...
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #22
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
huh. my parents have never said the word in any way shape or form and honestly i'd rather them keep it that way. 'i'm proud of you' does it for me haha
Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
In fact, if I said, "I love you, son" to one of my two sons, they would like think I was on crack or hung out with Vansterdam.
hahah sig'd
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

rs parenting 101...
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #25
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
when he comes home, why don't you give him a big hug and tell him you love him too you big pussy!
haha jokes aside,

don't do anything

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote